Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1443207 times)

Offline TheDane

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2125 on: December 08, 2016, 07:56:18 pm »
I'm Egon
- from Denmark  ;)

B.Sc.E.E and a Radiomechanic, doing mostly hardware development and repairs. I'm a ham too, but I tend to stay off air and do tech stuff instead.
Found Dave on YouTube, and like most of what he presents - keep up the good work Dave!
(And oh yeah - Dave you're 'down under', so naturally all of the electrons falls out when you top something over - right spin?) I'm a leftie by the way  :scared:

Looking forward to some fun stuff and great projects!

Offline iaeen

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2126 on: December 08, 2016, 08:11:00 pm »
Hi, I'm iaeen!

I'm a chemical engineer by training, but I'm currently working as a software developer. Getting into EE as a hobby after having built my own keyboard from a kit and wanting to learn more.

Offline cbgpedalmaker

« Reply #2127 on: December 09, 2016, 02:13:40 am »
Hello, I am here from America. I am currently only 1.125 classes away from attaining my Associate's degree in Engineering Technology Computers and Electronics. I am not the traditional student, I started going to school at the age of 30. I worked in a packaging plant for 10 years and decided that it would be best to do something better with the rest of my life. Electronics was my hobby at the time, so I decided to go with that. I have worked full time the entire time that I have been in school, so it will be a total of 4 years for me to earn a 2 year degree. School has already landed me a decent job, I am a valve automation tech.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 03:43:54 am by cbgpedalmaker »

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2128 on: December 09, 2016, 02:50:30 am »
Packing plant: Meat or boxes?
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline cbgpedalmaker

« Reply #2129 on: December 09, 2016, 03:41:59 am »

Assuming that you are talking to me. A packaging plant for making boxes. I used to run a hand-fed flat bed die cut for about  7 of those 10 years.

Offline Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2130 on: December 09, 2016, 04:42:20 am »
Assuming that you are talking to me. A packaging plant for making boxes. I used to run a hand-fed flat bed die cut for about  7 of those 10 years.
Forgot to quote you. Closest paper plant was International Paper
 If it was meat, then it would be Smithfield Foods, .75 miles away...
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline Zom-B

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2131 on: December 09, 2016, 07:22:36 pm »
Hi! I'm, eehm, just call me Zom-B!

Grown up with a soldering iron (against my mother's wishes), with a 4x4m lab full of equipment that's either rejected or home-built by my dad, and around lots of computers.

I've done digital design, programming and some half-hearted analog stuff (mostly audio). Both programming and electronics are two of my many passions.

I got here via two separate ways, via the ugly repair thread mentioned on hackaday and the mailbag videos.

Question, is there a fun/fail thread, just like the ugly repair thread? If not, what have all you guys been doing?!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 07:25:08 pm by Zom-B »

Offline beclawat

« Reply #2132 on: December 10, 2016, 10:29:41 am »
Hi,

I am beclawat (or at least that is my forum name). I am a software developer from Parramatta in Sydney. I am interested in learning about mostly digital electronics. I am a gameshow fan and intend on learning how to build projects that replicate various gameshow systems. My two favourites are Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? (Fastest Finger First and Ask The Audience, the rest is standard PC hardware) and Sale Of the Century and other similar quizes.

Offline PrzemRS

« Reply #2133 on: December 12, 2016, 06:24:31 pm »
Hi all!

My name is Przemek, I'm Electronics Engineering and Computer Science student from Poland. I worked as a electronics technician with notebooks and tablets, currently I'm working in software company as a QA.

I wish to develop skills in analog electronics to be like a pro :)

Offline GumUlf

• Supporter
« Reply #2134 on: December 13, 2016, 03:00:24 am »
Hello!

My name is Ulf and I live in Gothenburg, Sweden. I'm, soon, a computer engineer also interested in electronics. Right now I'm just about to build up my electronics lab and dive into building embedded systems and such things.

Online KhronX

• Frequent Contributor
    • Khron's Cave - Electronics Blog
« Reply #2135 on: December 13, 2016, 04:39:28 pm »
Chris here, originally from Romania, but moved to / settled in Finland since '08, and i've started my own electronics repair business here close to 4 years ago. .

Been involved in electronics since around secondary school, so roughly half my life so far, big fan of DIY, particularly on the audio side. About 1/3 or so of my microphone collection was bought as faulty, and revived and/or modded, one way or another. Several still are "work in progress".

Drummer, aspiring audio engineer, in the midst of several (unfortunately) long-ish term audio gear projects. They just always tend to pile up, don't they?  :palm: ;D

Been an avid watcher of the videos, but only recently decided to join the forum community as well  ^-^
Khron's Cave - Electronics - Audio - Teardowns - Mods - Repairs - Projects - Music - Rants - Shenanigans

Offline 3nigm4

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2136 on: December 14, 2016, 09:35:05 am »
Hello, I'm Moreno from Italy.
I'm a "everything can be repaired" man, and this is an issue between me and my wife that sometime wants to trash broken things  :blah:

That's all for now  :popcorn:

Offline mecharik

• !
« Reply #2137 on: December 15, 2016, 10:05:52 am »
Hi, everyone. I am Rikesh and i am a beginner in electromechanical field, just started first my college.

XplosivBadger

« Reply #2138 on: December 16, 2016, 06:03:50 pm »
Hi everyone, after 22 years away from electronics I find myself having an urge to get back into it.

djlewis

« Reply #2139 on: December 18, 2016, 06:28:31 am »
Hello, My name is Don, nick: djlewis. I signed on August 2010 after reading many of Dave's reviews including the
Rigol ds1052e. I ordered one same time. Now after reading his review on the ds1054z I have the bug to upgrade.
   For some reason I had to re register as my original acct info did not work. I enjoy embedded controllers and
electronics in general.

Offline radhoo

• Contributor
    • My technology blog
« Reply #2140 on: December 18, 2016, 09:18:10 pm »
I'm Radu, I was trained as a software developer with over 13 years of experience in C / C++ , embedded programming, and various server technologies like php, sql. Had enough time to see all corners of software industry. So now I am doing hardware  :)

I got here a while back after Dave reviewed one of the things I built in his Mailbag. Been more of a lurker, due to very limited time, but I learned a lot from EEVBlog so I am grateful to Dave and to this community.

Blog :: My Youtube :: uRADMonitor :: "Build something that matters!"

Online BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2141 on: December 20, 2016, 01:41:12 am »
Hello Everyone,

My name is Brian and I've always loved to tear apart electronics since I was a child in the 70's.  Later in my teens, I got into programming Basic and 6502 Assembly and was always interested in high quality audio and video & the beginnings of digital sampling audio and still photos, then video.  In the early 90s, I begun to develop with Microchip's first PIC as soon as it came out & also began working with & designing studio quality sound and video hardware for the Amiga personal computer.  At the time, I also tutored a few College/University student here locally in Montreal.

As I'm now retiring from hardware design, I just recently found Dave's EEVBlog channel on YouTube and really enjoy watching the tear-downs as it bring back my early childhood days where I get to see hardware I could never have a chance to see any other way.

Offline Radiocruncher

• Radiocruncher
« Reply #2142 on: December 20, 2016, 06:45:47 am »
Hi to everyone

My name is Graham and I live down in South West England. I've been watching Dave's videos for many years and this year my partner encouraged me to start my own YouTube channel (Radiocruncher). I have no electronics training but I am keen to learn and love to fix stuff thats not working. I look forward to taking part in discussions and of course shouting for help.

All the best

Graham

Offline JWag

• Contributor
  • Former ICT ATE Engineer
    • My blog.
« Reply #2143 on: December 20, 2016, 06:15:29 pm »
Jim here. I've been an ATE engineer for way too long (HP/Agilent/Keysight 3070, Acculogic FLS).

I enjoy all things technical, whether mechanical or electronic. I also tinker with an occasionally fix old Commodore computers.

Offline jfri2

• Systems & Embedded Electronics
« Reply #2144 on: December 20, 2016, 11:36:11 pm »
Hi I'm John.

Systems Engineer (RF/Embedded type stuff) with a background in EE, been doing hobby electronics and the like since I was a kid. Big fan of the EEVBlog and the Amp Hour
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:38:18 pm by jfri2 »

Offline me.me

« Reply #2145 on: December 26, 2016, 12:27:01 pm »
hi i'm Greg from philippines currently working here in uae as maintenance in industry i'm not a professional or a degree holder, because of my hobby learning electronics and sometimes repairing my own gadgets or my friend's gadgets,..i want to hears others experiences and i think i can learned from this community and others experience or advice.. :blah: :blah: :-+

Offline valere

• Contributor
    • Instants perdus (photo)
« Reply #2146 on: December 26, 2016, 02:07:15 pm »
Hi, I was searching this "introduce yourself post", I've been a active in the Thermal Imaging area since I came here.
I do really appreciate the amazing videos from Dave / EEVBlog, it is a good way to keep learning (when I've enough time to view them).

I'm an Electronic Engineer, specialized in embedded real-time systems : I'm especially interested in the field of autonomous robots. I do both hardware design (and prototypes) and a bit less embedded software on many targets but not as deep in all of them (ARM Cortex M3 /  EFM32, AVR, 8051, C167, PIC18/24/32) and embedded Linux (ARM / Beaglebone Black). I'm from west of France and doing a lot of picturing (http://photos.valerea.fr).

I like soldering difficult things... maybe one day I'll try soldering BGA with only a hot air station and whatever simple tools I've / find.

I'm participating in the French Robotic Cup (power and a.i. autonomous robots) in team Šikula Robotik (10 peoples).
I'm president of the association Šikula Robotik http://sikula-robotik.desbwa.org (http://twitter.com/sikularobotik).
Besides designing robots for the French robotic cup we also aim to share knowledge about robotic, applied sciences, electronic, engineering, ... (to help younger people to be interested in those fields for example).

What's really important is the team working, robotic is about mixing knowledge from many fields (electronic, mechanic, IT, artificial intelligence, sensors, etc...). So we are a team learning from each other !

- I designed most of the electronic in our main robot
- I have coded most but not all of the low-level software including a high-precision engine and robot movement controller (I had some help on the maths by another team member, this is about exchanging and learning from each other in the technical fields).
- I work with other teams members on an ultra-low power (and low voltage) autonomous robot using a single super cap and a solar cell to recharge, we find that interesting and really challenging (nothing is easy when the voltage is between 2 and 2.7V and you want "power" like engines).

If you are curious about our robots just take a look at this video (French Robotic Cup 2016 / may, match 4, we were 20th at the end)  :
https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rqn28Yl5Y_s (our youtube channel isn't monetize, I'm not sure It would work, we do not have enough time for professional quality video, so it's only for the happiness of curious people right now).

Sorry Dave I would have been happy to send you our robot for a teardown but... it's 12 kg and we need it for next year contest ! And obviously it's far from perfect, ... yet  :-DD
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 02:13:49 pm by valere »
Valere - Electronic Engineer - Autonomous robotic designer participating to French Robotic Cup / Eurobot (President of Association Sikula Robotik)
http://sikula-robotik.desbwa.org
http://youtube.com/sikularobotik

Offline mathsbloke

« Reply #2147 on: December 27, 2016, 01:33:34 pm »
Hi everyone,
I'm just getting back into electronics after a recent career as an IT Consultant. My original career was as a TV and Video engineer working for Thorn EMI in the U.K.
Electronics has certainly moved on a bit since then  :).

Looking forward to joining in the discussions.

Regards
Bob G6TDR

Offline taustin

• Contributor
« Reply #2148 on: December 27, 2016, 07:41:16 pm »
Cool thread.

I'm Tom - I'm an electrical engineer that likes to play around with microcontrollers and systems. I am currently working with a group of college students to design a modularized energy meter to help energy impoverished regions (think much of Africa) to gain more ready access to electrical power. The design is the simple part, its figuring out how to actually make it useful and beneficial that is the trick.

Offline pitagoras

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2149 on: December 27, 2016, 10:03:45 pm »
Hi,
I´m a computer scientist living in Argentina, I have done mostly software development for the last 30 years. I have a formation in electronics from the secondary school, and I build things from time to time. Latest build: a Theremin. Next builds: a FPGA based theremin, analog musical synthesizer (for my son who plays piano), power supplies and other lab equipement,  voltage references and a multi-slope ADC (aiming at building a DMM, just for fun).
I like the "model oriented" engineering workflow to build things (schematic -> simulation -> build).
Well.. I'm having a lot of fun reading and I'm amazed by the deep an professional advice and projects that one finds here.
Will start posting projects soon.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf