Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1433754 times)

Offline LoveToRepair

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #2400 on: March 19, 2018, 06:52:40 pm »
Hello My name is Jarrod.  I have been repairing my own products since i can remember.  And I love learning about electronics

Offline cwerther

« Reply #2401 on: March 20, 2018, 01:58:22 pm »
Hi all,

My name is Charles and I'm a Computer Engineer who likes doing both software and firmware.  I've posted a couple of times here before but realized I hadn't actually introduced myself.  I'm currently working on some hardware to improve my telescope and automate some items.

Offline pepelevamp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2402 on: March 21, 2018, 03:21:46 pm »
friends!!!  ;D

I am Pepe. I have a really low-fi youtube channel called Pepe's World: for computer hackers & electronics enthusiasts with no money - and no friends.
electronics, hacking, farts, failure, life. theres plenty of low-budget oriented channels out there but we sink even lower.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCetG2WJ9u57zpbIXquZEIVg
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 03:25:19 pm by pepelevamp »

Offline Crazy_Engineer

• Contributor
« Reply #2403 on: March 24, 2018, 12:46:51 am »
Hi.  I am a long time lurker who has finally decided to join.  Although I do have an EE background I have not done much hands on electronics work.  Currently I am looking to assembly a test bench and get my hands dirty.

Offline mpfishe2

« Reply #2404 on: March 26, 2018, 01:17:00 am »
Hello!

I'm Matt from North Carolina and I'm currently an RF/Microwave Engineer for a large defense and space company. I just finished my MSEE, and also have a BSEE, BSCPE, AAS EET, and an AAS CET. My interests are in vacuum tube technology and my background is more MMICs and RF.

I survived college by watching EEVblog, TheSignalPath (Boosh's channel not Shahriar's ;D),  Mikeselectronicstuff, wae2w, Carlson's Lab,  and many others. I've been able to learn a lot from everyone and finally have the time out of school to post and contribute to the forum!

Take care :)

-Matt

Offline haydonbeagley

• My Website
« Reply #2405 on: March 26, 2018, 04:48:57 pm »
Hello,

My name is Haydon Beagley and I'm from the Old Dart (or England if you prefer) - I've always been interested in Electronics and Computers since a very young age and have always been involved in some way.
Ironically my degree wasn't very related to electronics or computers but I'm slowly getting more involved with it, and hopefully shall get some unloved and half finished projects up and running.

Thanks to Dave and the team for the Blog!

All the best,

Haydon
The right way, The wrong way, and the Janeway.

Offline madhuganadi

« Reply #2406 on: March 29, 2018, 09:07:34 am »
Hello,

My name is Madhu, I'm a 35-year electronic engineer with a lot of love and passion.

As well Recently I have started contribute content for www.rrbjobsclub.in. Here we can get Electronically related jobs also. recently I have posted http://www.rrbjobsclub.in/rrb-secunderabad jobs.

Cheers,
Madhu

Offline tecneeq

« Reply #2407 on: March 30, 2018, 02:59:10 pm »
Ahoi!

Karsten from Germany here. 45 year old Unix admin with a hobbyists interest in electronics.

See you around.

Offline tomaz 11

« Reply #2408 on: March 31, 2018, 08:53:20 am »
Hello my name is Tomaž, I live in a small country of Slovenia.
I have an interest in Electronics, hence my joining of this forum my background is an undergraduate degree.

love the blogs & videos ;D

Offline farmerni

« Reply #2409 on: March 31, 2018, 03:15:13 pm »
I am Thomas currently a A level student in Northern Ireland from a farming background who likes poking at the guts of items with wires coming out of them. My main weakness is software type problems>it's too boring and time consuming to learn how to code and deal with command lines

Offline JTY

« Reply #2410 on: March 31, 2018, 04:03:19 pm »
Hi, I'm John! I'm a long time lurker and subscriber to Dave's Youtube channels. I studied electronics many years ago, but ended up working in IT. Recently I have taken up a renewed interest in electronics due to IoT.

Offline DJbarro

• Blueberry muffins
« Reply #2411 on: April 06, 2018, 01:46:49 am »
Hello forum,

My name is Sebastien, currently working as a junior electrical engineer in Quebec Canada. I decided to subscribe here not long ago because of a sudden change of career that got me interested back into the world of small electronics. I'v played around with robots and programming before as a hobby but never extensively. It's slowly but surely getting back though. I worked as a technician and electrician on the field before, and my previous position at my current employer was to design electrical substation. So I have more experience into designing simpler yet bigger electrical toys than with small electronics stuff. I'm also a woodworking enthusiast.

Your videos and overall subjects are really interesting Dave, I'm actually watching them to help me get more knowledge about small electronics design for my current job.
I'm looking forward to getting involved in this forum !

Regards
Oh ... it wasn't supposed to do that ... is it ?

Offline CFLBob

« Reply #2412 on: April 07, 2018, 03:00:07 am »
Hi, I'm Bob, yet another EE.   

The "CFL" is for Central Florida.  I retired at the end of 2015 from a career as an RF/Microwave design engineer in commercial and military air and space borne systems.  My last 20 years were at Rockwell Collins commercial avionics here in Melbourne, FL. 

My specialties were PLL Synthesizers, receivers and transmitter linearizers (ALC and Cartesian feedback loops).  I worked from DC to 10 GHz. 

I found EEVBlog a few months ago when my Tektronix 475 took a dump, and I've been back often enough that I figured I should sign up.  I'm getting ready to decide on replacing the scope with a new one, so I've been mostly hanging out in the test equipment forum archives, and checking Ham Radio, since I've been a radio hobbyist since I was about 12 - 52 years.

Bob

Retired RF Engineer: receiver Designer and "synthesizer guy"
Still with more interests than time

Offline ian quadman

« Reply #2413 on: April 07, 2018, 02:48:54 pm »
hi all
my name is Ian
i am new to the electronics world
i am 67 years old and needed a small hobby to keep me active
this is a great forum with loads of information
thanks for letting me join :)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 02:54:59 pm by ian quadman »

Offline ndcroy

« Reply #2414 on: April 07, 2018, 02:56:55 pm »
Typical forum always has a tread on introducing members.  ;D ;D

Hello from Malaysia. I am currently studying in Sunway Monash University Campus in Electrical & Computing System Engineering (2nd year). I got a bit bored by the typical theoretical lecture and wanted to buy some lab instrument for the practical side. I recently bought PICkit 3, fluke 289/FVF, LCR meter TH2821, some soldering tools and breadboards. I am currently building my own linear power supply for my micro-controller and looking forward to start learning micro-controller myself.  ;)

Hello. Norman from Blacksburg Va. Just an old time CB audio gear repair hobbyist.  Still learning in my retired state. Not looking to work on new digital systems. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Offline DenJohX

• CianCoders, a Technologic Transformation Company
« Reply #2415 on: April 09, 2018, 02:42:55 am »
Hi!

I'm Dennis.
Actually estudied Telecom Engineering almost 10 years ago but nowdays I'm focused on my business: a small web and mobile sofware development agency.
Always liked electronics and finally having some more time now to spend on my bench.
I have never worked professionally on electronics so more like an "advanced hobbyst"

See you around!

Dennis.

Offline Horusaem

« Reply #2416 on: April 09, 2018, 03:32:59 pm »
Hi

My name is Karol and if it sounds any funny to you just read it as Charles Xavier ;) Just add more hair and take a square root on IQ  ;)  My junk room is located near the capital city of Poland in the suburban area so that kinda makes a Polish viewer and excludes me from NSA spies :D ;) I`ve never wore a tin foil hat but if I would I would totally call myself Apollo and not Horus ;) I try to stay open minded when it goes to interaction with the stuff that is placed on the interWeb aswell as everywhere else . I am into Consumer electronics ( but not focused on gadgets)  90s Vintage computers and beyond ( never had a CPM ) SBCs , Discharging Capacitors ( aswell as charging electrolytic ones beyond their reference voltage on a "stupid stick")

Now I am over 30 and i have more resources than I had when I was younger so I am using them to expand my electronics knowledge as it`s my secret passion ( just after being a fire man , Fighter plane pilot and Tony Stark )

Thanks for having me in ;) And lets hope my comments will be insightfull or at least funny ;) ( not in a way that could offend anyone )

PS: we use different names for many basic components and mechanics so please keep that in mind when I say Condenser or sth like that ;)

Offline dlo

« Reply #2417 on: April 10, 2018, 05:21:19 am »
I thought about introducing myself.. but I really enjoy lurking a lot more...

Offline GomezAddams

« Reply #2418 on: April 11, 2018, 03:20:30 am »
I’m Gary from southern Utah in the US, deep in red rock country. Electronics is a hobby for me since I switched to computer science from EE back in college... ah, regrets... but it’s fun to jump back in now.

You people have been busy since the 80’s!! As a teen in the 70’s I built a breadboard computer with a 4004 processor from Intel and a stack of ram chips totaling 1kb. At first it had a phone touchpad as a keyboard with seven segment displays, and I coded on graph paper using octal notation for hand-entered assembly. Soon after, I built a one line 32 character display based on a Popular Electronics article (I think) that used a saw tooth waveform on a bell&Howell oscilloscope to trace the pixels from a character generator at a slant. Needless to say, it was awesome.

Now I’m fascinated by mcu’s like the attiny and small form factor awesomeness like raspberry pi zero w. What a great time to start playing again!

Cheers to all!

Offline Jiggerypook

• Contributor
« Reply #2419 on: April 11, 2018, 07:59:32 am »
Hello, I'm Gary from somewhere near the capital of oil country in Canada. Spent most of my life in the oilfield as an Electrician. Dad took an electronics course in 1966 (I was 12) but it set an interest that has never faded, unlike my memory. :-DD I've got a Fluke DMM, some breadboards, Forrest MimsIII booklets, Heathkit scope, some proto boards and a Hako 936. >:D Now that I'm retired and the kids are gone, it's time to release some magic smoke.

Awesome forum!! 

P.S. and try not to ask too many dumb questions.  :o
Every complex problem has a simple, easy to understand, wrong answer.

Offline memo.online

« Reply #2420 on: April 13, 2018, 02:39:21 am »
Hi as a new member I would love to say hi and report what a great site this is

michael

Offline bob225

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2421 on: April 13, 2018, 04:42:23 pm »
Hi All,

I have been interested in electronics from a early age, i had a work placement doing tv and video repairs from the age of 16 while going to college for electronics hardware, I then moved into the IT field, that went from diagnosing electronics in the early days to box moving and parts swapping in the later years

My first thread will be up shortly................

Offline InductorbackEMF

• Regular Contributor
  • Repair/Rebuilding.
« Reply #2422 on: April 16, 2018, 10:02:35 am »
Hi,my name is Alex  :) I am 16 years old,I love repairing things mostly older test gear.

I have been home schooled for about 5 years now,however the my main thing is electronics.

I love doing high voltage/pulse projects and repairs of things to do with it.

The main thing i focus on is valves as we call them in the Uk,you may know them as vacuum tubes / electron tubes this is also where my love for high voltage stuff comes from.

That is about all you need to know,if you want to ask anything else please do!
Want a cup of TEA? (just one more meter please..)
Alex.

Offline DEPChimp

« Reply #2423 on: April 22, 2018, 04:17:34 am »
Hello every one,
My name is Ben nice too meet you all!
I normally lurk but that seems to mean i make no post resulting in my registration being deleted hahahahaha, o well third times a charm.

Offline AE7OO

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2424 on: April 23, 2018, 09:47:59 am »
Hello,

I'm Gary.  Former US Navy ET, former FreeBSD committer(FAQ, math-co emulator, PERL), and present radio op(AE7OO, former N5VMF).  I've been doing electronics for 30+ years and software(C, C++, PERL) since the early 90's and BASIC on a Timex Sinclair before that.  I hate math(I'm lazy to boot), and so my degrees are in Electronics Technology and not in Electrical Engineering, but I can play one on TV... ;D

I've built L and S band (1.2 and 2.4 Ghz) transverters, a Z80 computer out of one of Steve Ciarcia's books and wire wrapped way too much.  My present project is a safety device based on a Laird Tech BL-600.

The way I got my ham license is interesting.  I was at a Field Day in Texas, and there were about 5 of us who wanted to become hams.  So since they had more than enough VECs, they got on a couple of the local repeaters, announced that there would be a test in 4 hours at the FD location and then gave the test.  As far as I can remember, all of us passed the Tech test.  Later on I passed 5wpm morse for my Tech+, then 13wpm for my General ticket, and finally the Advanced and Extra for my Amateur Extra license.  Never did master 20wpm...

GB

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf