Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1440740 times)

Offline PStevenson

• Regular Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #300 on: February 05, 2011, 12:23:19 am »

Hi I'm Paul Stevenson (28) from Manchester, UK
all my life I have loved electronics and music so I got started trying to make things I couldn't afford to buy for my music and of course my love for electronics took over and I just got into more and more of it outside of the audio fields mostly these days.
I have found it very difficult to get where I am because I have Dyscalculia which is the same as dyslexia but instead of being words and letters it is maths and numbers I have trouble with.

it's mainly thanks to the video blog of Daves that I have found confidence in actually designing things for myself instead of just copying a schematic and so far it's working out well! albeit more simplistic things than the mastery that is Daves designs.
I learned more from the EEVBlog than I did in school
http://youtu.be/s-TK0zaakNk
 Amp Hour Theme Song Full Version http://youtu.be/buKg2eAX4Z0

Offline sotos

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #301 on: February 10, 2011, 01:11:34 pm »
Hello friends.
I am new here, I live in Greece, Athens, and I work about 30 years in electronics-electrics and automation.
Now I repair Pcbs and do some servicing in the field.

My name is Sotiris.

Offline ecowarrior

• Contributor
« Reply #302 on: February 12, 2011, 09:17:03 pm »
Obligatory 'say hello' post!

Evening all (unless it's morning, in which case replace word as appropriate!).  It's ME from the UK, where it's always cold and people moan.

Starting to tinker with electronics again as a hobby, 30 years after I last had a go with the help of my dad, some resistors, an LED or two and a breadboard that was partly broken.

Have just completed my first successful build (chu moy amp) and now wondering what to build next! Anything to make a mess  :D

Gotta love Dave's crazy style - was a bit of a shock at first but he makes me laugh now.  Good stuff Dave, keep it going!

Online IanJ

• Supporter
  • Full time EE & Youtuber
    • IanJohnston.com
« Reply #303 on: February 15, 2011, 07:08:28 pm »
Hi from Scotland!

Got into electronics via the Oil Industry back in 1984. Ended up as Technical Manager in charge of R&D looking after all design electronics myself and the software engineers on projects.
Analogue & digital electronics including Z80, Z280, 8031/51 uP, also Mitsubishi PLC/Scada.
Anyone remember Smartwork & HiWireII........?

Left that side of the industry in 2005 for a desk job, and after about 3 years decided I was missing electronics when I got into RC planes and a couple of home built pcb's (using Eagle Pcb) for fun.
Am currently building my 2nd workshop, and having fun buying a load of equipment for it via Ebay.

Got a lot of projects planned for 2011 & beyond.

Ian.
Ian Johnston - Original designer of the PDVS2mini || Author of the free WinGPIB app.
Website - www.ianjohnston.com
YT Channel (electronics repairs & projects): www.youtube.com/user/IanScottJohnston, Twitter (X): https://twitter.com/IanSJohnston

Offline radiocrazier

• Contributor
« Reply #304 on: February 17, 2011, 02:53:51 am »
Hi my buddys, I'm radiocrazer,my name is James ,ya'all can call me james,a mail allways warning me:You must introduce yourself,I'v introduced myself,That's very interesting.so I will say hello to everybody again.I'm a Chinese student but english not very professionely in electronic mayby making so many matters please contain.Thanx

vixr

« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2011, 01:38:07 am »
Hello all,
    I'm Rob, senior field service engineer, Thermal Imaging Lab, National Marine Center. Formerly with NASA.

Offline mvidal01

« Reply #306 on: February 22, 2011, 02:00:35 am »
Hello,

Mike name is mike and I'm started to get interested in electronics.  Basic Arduino stuff mostly.

Offline neoone

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #307 on: February 24, 2011, 07:25:15 pm »
Hello!

My name is Filip and I'm from Poland. I have MSc degree in Electronics for 2 years now from Politechnika Wroc?awska (Wroc?aw University of Technology). BTW don't confuse Wroc?aw (which is read a bit like Vroclove but with 'w' instead of 'l' and 'c' as 'c' not 'k') with Warszawa - Warsaw - a capital of Poland  ;) During my studies I was originator and first director of P.I.W.O. Project (Piwo means beer in polish  ;) ) www.projekt-piwo.pl . Any way, I'm keen on electronics for aboyt 13-14 years now. Currently I run my own small company - we are making electronics project with my friend.  Here's our website www.livelights.pl (more about a hobby project simillar to P.I.W.O. than about our work).

Offline zagg

« Reply #308 on: February 27, 2011, 12:07:08 pm »
Hello from north of France !

I'm Davy, i'm 34 years old, working on computers networking and security, specialy on Opensource based solutions.
I'm really passionned about electronics since I'm a young guy :-p
I'm a Fan of your great blog David !!! :-) Hope have a labs like yours a day lool

73's  !
F4TQP

Offline SoftwareSamurai

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #309 on: March 01, 2011, 02:25:24 pm »
Oh Hai!

Well, I'm SoftwareSamurai, and I'm a software engineer by trade (over 20 years now). I've got some EE knowledge and experience, some mad reflow soldering skills (yes, I've use my kitchen's toaster oven to reflow solder SMT boards!), and I've just recently purchased a DSO5102B. My first "modern" o-scope, and I'm loving it! Now I'm having fun scoping all sorts of electronics just to see what I've been missing all of these years.

Hello to all!
Cheers!

Offline RFman

• Contributor
« Reply #310 on: March 04, 2011, 07:07:10 am »
Hi all,

I'm interested in Amateur Radio and RF. Need a new oscilloscope and and found a lot of information here. I'm slowly working through the messages to see what I can find.

Offline Franki

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #311 on: March 04, 2011, 07:14:24 pm »
Hi everyone

I'm Frank Harwald from Germany and I started doing electronical engineering and design as a hobbyist as a small kid at age of 7 years(you can never start too young  ;D). It started all with NPN transistors, flashing lights and self built AM-radios, but after several years I specialized into audio and digital electronics. I still do audio electronic engineering only as a hobbyist, but I progressed from digital electronics into µC and computer building and from there into software development as my profession is in the computer industry.

Offline smackaay

• Regular Contributor
    • Steve's Junk
« Reply #312 on: March 05, 2011, 09:41:34 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I'm Steve from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and I'm primarily a machinist but I also do electrical engineering and mechanical engineering. I started doing electronics as a kid with those radio shack X in 1 kits and had a long hiatus through my teenage years. While I am a machinist for the most part, I do have an electronics lab at work and love kicking around and making neat things! Oh and my site is at http://smackaay.com/
Come see my boring site - http://smackaay.com/

edisonobilly

« Reply #313 on: March 07, 2011, 10:33:42 pm »
Hi all,

My name is Edison, I am studing Mechatronics engineering at the university of Wolverhampton, UK. I am originally from Nigeria. I have been involved in electronics design for quite some time. I have good practical electronics and mechanical engineering background, I started it as a little kid, since then I have been involved in all sorts of mechanical electronics and computer (microcontrollers too) related projects. I am currently studying mechatronics, which brings these all nicely together and I am really enjoying it.

Offline luca.s

« Reply #314 on: March 09, 2011, 01:29:48 pm »
Hi fellows !

I'm Luca from sunny Italy. I'm an engineer designing serious analog stuff as a job, and I still enjoy experimenting with electronics in my rare spare time.. Found this lovely place while looking for a cheap DSO.. I hope I can give some support if needed..

Ciao,

L.

Offline masterburner

• Digi online
« Reply #315 on: March 09, 2011, 07:09:08 pm »
Oh wow, missed this topic.

Well, here I am. A 19 year old electronics student (no idea what the correct name for my education is, I'm from The Netherlands). For any other Dutch visitors: I'm doing an MBO education and I'm going to do an HBO education after this.

I've been around the EEVblog since EP1, but I decided to register just now (darn "Newbie" title), because I'm already registered on a million other forums, but I figured what the hell... I want to participate. :)

I love hobby electronics. I've been messing around with it since forever. I love designing/creating/building stuff. I'm mostly into digital/microcontroller stuff, because you can do lots of interesting projects around an MCU. I'm not really into analog electronics, but I'm learing as I go. I hope I'll learn some things around here too. :)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:10:42 pm by masterburner »
"I think my 8*8*8 LED cube needs a power-on LED..."

Offline GrumpyDave

• Contributor
« Reply #316 on: March 10, 2011, 11:11:45 am »
Hi, just stumbled upon this blog and its great! The Amp Hour too!

I'm a medical electronics maint engineer and student from UK that has recently got back into tinkering with electronics at home. I really like the insight into the design world from these blogs and thought I'd stick around on the forum.

Cheers
Dave

Offline Ryan@Belfast

« Reply #317 on: March 10, 2011, 09:14:01 pm »
Im Ryan from Belfast Northern Ireland unemployed student studying at Belfast Metropolitan college doing EE Engineering.

Im really enjoying the embedded stuff, hope to play around with some accelerometres and OLED displays on my next project.

Been watchin EEvblog from day one, best blog ever. Good work Dave.

Offline eddy66t6

• Contributor
« Reply #318 on: March 14, 2011, 01:55:48 pm »
Hey,
My name is Eoin, a tinkerer, mostly in Audio circuitry, based in Dundalk in Ireland.  :)

Offline leia

• Hi, I am liea.
    • Handmade Mattresses
« Reply #319 on: March 22, 2011, 07:14:30 am »
I am leia from Uk. I had completed my computer engineering.I come across blog and this forum and I think they are great.
Professionally good at sale in  Handmade Mattresses.

Offline pmrlondon

• Contributor
    • Phil's personal pages
« Reply #320 on: March 24, 2011, 10:56:51 am »
Hi, I'm Phil - originally from Yorkshire, and also having lived in Staffordshire, but now in London, UK. I assemble circuits occasionally, do some work on electrical fittings, mostly in folding campers, and build and repair computers, all outside my formal work which does not usually involve directly handling hardware. I am interested in "antique" computers - that is, 8-bit systems from the 1980s and possibly earlier. I found out about EEVblog during my recent search for a new mulitmeter - I have chosen, but have also started to repair my old one. I will be buying the new one in a few weeks.

Offline alvarop

• Contributor
    • alvarop.com
« Reply #321 on: March 30, 2011, 02:12:25 am »
Hi, I'm Alvaro. I'm almost done with my BS/MS in Electrical Engineering at the Rochester Institute of Technology in NY.
I'm originally from Mexico, but I've been living in the USA for the past 10 years.

I'm really enjoying the blog and Amp Hour show!

I'm looking to start working on projects more often that I have since I started university.

Offline Anks

• Frequent Contributor
    • www.krisanks.wordpress.com
« Reply #322 on: April 04, 2011, 09:18:33 am »
Hi im Kris from the UK and im into hobby electronics and programing. Ive been watching the blog and only just got round to joining.

Im not big on these introductions really maybe ill come back and edit this when I have more time.

Offline Aido4ever

• Contributor
« Reply #323 on: April 04, 2011, 05:22:22 pm »
hello, I'm Yossi from Israel and electronics is hobby to me for a long time.
Today i'm working on a project which i hope to patent it and maybe do some money of it.

I'm also A Programmer and i'm working on a game but can't find the time of doing both hobbies and being with my son!

Have a good day everyone from Israel.

Offline gingy

« Reply #324 on: April 08, 2011, 04:27:21 am »
Hi my name is Regine but you can call me ging :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf