Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1443257 times)

Offline gadgetjunkie

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1700 on: June 09, 2015, 07:57:29 pm »
Hi guys,

My name is Mike, and I live in Wilmington, Delaware on the East coast of the US.  I've been a programmer for the last 25 years, but have been bitten by the electronic bug.
I've been studying electronics on my own, and at the local community college for the last 5-10 years.  I've watched all of the EEVBlog episodes, and finally decided to sign up for the forum. 

I look forward to learning even more from the community...

Offline trodas

• Just one crazy computer geek ;-)
    • trodas forum
« Reply #1701 on: June 10, 2015, 06:05:36 pm »
Hi guys, trodas are there :) Working with computers since 1990, doing electronic before and after... well, you get the idea :)
Attracted by the thread about changing GTX 690 to Quadro K5000  ^-^

Stunning job.

I mostly do some recaps, little repairs and mods... this was kinda out of my legue, but I hope I can contribute some good mods too! Cheers to all!
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong." - Voltaire
"I believe that all the people who stand to profit by a war and who help provoke it should be shot on the first day it starts..." - Hemingway :)

Offline mythosmc

« Reply #1702 on: June 20, 2015, 08:41:11 pm »
Been a PC nerd since I got my first computer in kindergarden.. good old Gateway2000 Had to get the math coprocessor upgrade! =)

Tinkered with electronics all my life, studied EE... currently in the network engineering field

I still do like to play with my micros though !

Offline Zman

• Contributor
« Reply #1703 on: June 21, 2015, 03:29:49 am »
Hello, everyone!

I am new to this forum. just registered :)
I live east of Melbourne, VIC (less than a kilometer from Jaycar shop :D ) and work as an Electronics Engineer.

I know a little bit of everything, both hardware and software development, soldered my first PCB around 1982.
sold my first HW+SW project in 1986 :-)

...still learning stuff anyway :-)

« Last Edit: June 23, 2015, 09:01:23 am by Zman »
Information wants to be FREE!

Offline Julian Jameson

• Greenhill EnviroTechnologies Inc.
« Reply #1704 on: June 21, 2015, 06:49:16 pm »
Hi guys,

I'm Julian, I live in Nova Scotia, Canada and I'm a Brit (originally from England).

I used to program video games (always assembly language). Gave that up, moved to Canada 10 years ago then got flattened by 35,000kg worth of truck, 5 years ago. Went back to school to study electronics. Got the solar bug. Developed a control system for solar air heaters. Ran a couple of Kickstarter campaigns and started a company to manufacture and sell the control system.

And I recently wrote an Android app. The app uses the light meter on the phone/tablet to estimate the current level of solar irradiance, I think I might be the first person to have achieved this?!

Anyway, I've had my head stuck in the sand for the last few years. I thought it's probably about time that I started talking to electronics people and programmers, again. I often listen to Dave's videos when I'm working. I sent him an email the other day and he actually replied! Top bloke!

I wanted to convince him to take another look at solar air heating... he's not up for it, but I'm hopeful to get some conversations started on here to, at least, generate more awareness of this undeveloped area of the solar tech market place.

Offline anton74

• Contributor
« Reply #1705 on: June 23, 2015, 05:06:03 pm »
Hi all,

I am Anton from Israel.  I am a scientist (biologist) and work a lot with the electronics, mainly analog (amplifiers, electrical stimulators, etc) but also play with microcontrollers (AVR, Arduino).  I have no formal education in electronics but actually yinkering with it since the age of 10. 

Anton.

Offline Rmx77

• Contributor
« Reply #1706 on: June 24, 2015, 10:57:10 am »
hello there all, i'm derrick and i  am from washington state in the usa and i happen to be into building computers and networking and also am into audio production and video production mostly as a hobby. my facebook is www.facebook.com/onelonelygoth

Offline kdpainter

« Reply #1707 on: June 24, 2015, 11:03:21 pm »
Hello all, My name is Kelly and I have been an electrical engineer for 27 years now.  I have been reading EEVBlog for years but just joined hoping to get a discount code from tequipment  :)

I have done a lot of things in my career.  I started as an analog and RF guy and migrated into DSP on FPGAs.

Offline KineticIsEpic

« Reply #1708 on: June 27, 2015, 11:26:14 pm »
Hello everybody, I love comic sans! xd

Offline Tim T

• Contributor
« Reply #1709 on: June 28, 2015, 02:02:42 am »
You might be able to guess my age by hearing my first computer was a Timex/Sinclair zx81. Thing used to overheat, hated the membrane keyboard, but learned a lot. Still have it.

Started to play with arduinos this year to learn some basic electronics.

tim

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1710 on: June 28, 2015, 05:11:00 am »
Hello everybody, I love comic sans! xd

You don't want to know what the poor contrast made me read! Well, I guess I'll tell you (or hint it) anyways.

didn't see the "comic" part at all and the "sans! xd" read to me as: *nal s*x

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1711 on: June 28, 2015, 05:12:10 am »
You might be able to guess my age by hearing my first computer was a Timex/Sinclair zx81. Thing used to overheat, hated the membrane keyboard, but learned a lot. Still have it.

Started to play with arduinos this year to learn some basic electronics.

tim

Mine was a Sinclair ZX81 as well :)

Offline kosmonooit

• Contributor
« Reply #1712 on: June 28, 2015, 08:04:21 pm »
Hello all, also EE here, been distracted most of my career with the IT Industry,  now working for and by my good self, doing all aspects of hybrid Alt Energy solutions, very appropriate here in South Africa now given the one & only supplier of electricity is unable to deliver (to put it mildly),  3rd world here we come ....

My forte's is really s/w eng and digital electronics but getting back into the analog stuph, mainly sensing for my Arduino based energy controllers (open source all the way bby)  so that's how I chanced up the EEVlog  tutorials on You Tube (Note to self:  I really need to rewatch that Op Amp tut again), been working my way through the archives.

Also getting licensed to do my own Mains electrical work and certification, and been kitting out with  (used) Fluke test equipment via ebay, states side, works out a fraction of the list prices here.  Yes, brand loyalty! I have had my  Fluke 73 for 30 years now. although I do have a soft spot  for HP (Agilent or whatever), in fact it was my ambition to go and work for them, but they only  did Sales in this part of the world. my HP 41CV stopped working a while back, at least I found a decent Android app emulator for my Note.

Thanks Dave for all the great vids, and speak to ya all soon.

btw,  I don't think my eyes ever recovered from staring long and hard at that small (borrowed) B&W TV I used a VDU  on my Sinclair ZX81, writing App Maths code in Basic. 

« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 08:13:39 pm by kosmonooit »

Offline decaying.sine

« Reply #1713 on: June 30, 2015, 12:50:22 am »
Hi Folks.
Just signed up to this great looking forum. I build and play music synthesizers, and play around with software like Diptrace to learn about circuits and design. Glad to be here.  :)

Brian

Offline paulp

« Reply #1714 on: June 30, 2015, 02:23:42 am »
Hi all

Originally from Perth west Aus, now in Oregon for the last 8 years. did the first 2 years of BE EE @ Curtin uni b4 a family tragedy made me quit. REally miss Silicon chip mag and jaycar/altronics cattle dog (if anyone in the us know something similar in the US let me know). I'm into repairing Pinballs,arcades and the "light bulb" project

P

Offline paulp

« Reply #1715 on: June 30, 2015, 02:29:14 am »
oh yeh forgot to say GO the mighty WEST COAST EAGLES...;)

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1716 on: June 30, 2015, 07:11:00 am »
oh yeh forgot to say GO the mighty WEST COAST EAGLES...;)

Nice to see you here----------FREO!,FREO!,FREO! ;D

Shiver,Victorians!

Offline xelepi

« Reply #1717 on: July 02, 2015, 03:34:29 am »
Hi all,

My name is Curtis and I got my degree in electronics 16 years ago but I haven't utilized it like I should have. My career took me in another direction, computers and customer service.

I've always been into electronics and decided to refresh my memory and start building circuits again. This looks like a great forum with allot of information.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 08:35:35 pm by xelepi »

Offline Fawkes

« Reply #1718 on: July 07, 2015, 12:13:44 pm »
Hello Everyone,

I am Santhosh, from India. I completed my under graduation in Electronics and Communication Engineering and currently working as a Hardware design Engineer for a year and a half. At work, I design Cameras right from their logic design till product completion and occasionally design some High speed circuits.

And now lately, RF circuits and Antenna designing fascinates me. Looking forward to learn some amazing stuff from this fantastic forum.

Cheers.

Offline Jesset1996.5

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1719 on: July 09, 2015, 07:30:45 pm »
Hello everyone!  Im Jesse Trimble from new boston Michigan,  usa.   Im currently a student of baker college of ann arbor michigan. Im  working on getting my degree in information technology. Computers and electronics have always been my passion. I do some building but not much since i dont have a degree in electronic engineering. I mainly repair or revers engineer things! On occasion i like to tinker!  Cheers! 

Offline k4rlhp

• Supporter
« Reply #1720 on: July 10, 2015, 01:40:18 pm »
Hi.
Short datasheet
Karl, IT background since mid 80's, first "serious electronics project" in mid 90's related to viewing Sat tv...
I live in Estonia. What's that useful for, you say? if Dave wants a .ee domain for EEVblog then I'm certainly willing to help out. That seems like the missing piece in the EEVblog puzzle, doesn't it? ;)

My first ever electronics project was in '88, while just a kid. I tried to build a door access card a'la the Aliens movie video communicator and a control board from Star Trek TNG helm. Good luck that I didn't get so far as to try and connect the thing to mains...

I had nearly 20y pause from electronics with some hysteresis to-and-fro, j'en passe the details, but am now back with some specific projects on the table regarding open energy market in the Nordic countries.

I have no formal technical education but with all the opportunities available for DIY education I mostly don't miss it either. Sometimes I do miss a wider breadth to point me in the right direction or deeper understanding of something like when trying to chew through Fourier series and transformations or wrap my head around how exactly a sig-delta converter works. Yet this struggle in solving a real conundrum (subjective, of course) is what makes the field so interesting.

As you probably have concluded by now, I do like to write a few lines.

By day, exec manager in a financial institution.

Cheers,

Offline oxcart

• Contributor
« Reply #1721 on: July 13, 2015, 06:50:28 pm »
Hello, I'm Oxcart, the ex-user "dilbert". Another registration needed because my old free mail service got really messed up.
I'm not an EE, i did Aerospace Engineering(as you might have guessed from the nickname) and still I design in that field, so please be patient. My EE knowledge is 90% from Dave's videos.

Now I'm nearing 30s, and my company sells its own workstations. DELL, HP, LENOVO: beware!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 06:54:06 pm by oxcart »

Offline WZOLL

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1722 on: July 14, 2015, 05:53:26 am »
Hi, I'm Walter from Monroe, Louisiana. I'm in high school very interested in electronics and joined the forum a few months ago to watch and learn. I hope to be an EE someday but now I do a lot of Geiger Counter related things, synths, and I'm developing a game with some friends. Hopefully I'll learn a thing or two here.  :-+

Offline ym58

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1723 on: July 14, 2015, 06:21:01 am »
Hello,
I am Yann, from Paris, France.
Been an electronician since decades even if I professionnaly took diversion roads ...
But I am now back to the roots, reason why you find me here !
This blog's a brilliant idea, indeed.
Yann

Offline Onnosr

New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1724 on: July 14, 2015, 03:58:22 pm »
Hi All,

I am new on this forum.

My name is Onno Bakker from Rotterdam, the Netherlands.

A have been a radio-television repairman for years. (after that a was lawyer for 40 years)
I am also a radioham callsign pa0ono.
For more than 20 years am am also a recording engineer and I have my own cd label
(Onno Classics).Most gear I am using is home made (ADC-DAC mixers etc)

electronics is much more fun than juridical stuff

I came to this very interesting site because a good friend has an auto garage mainly repairing old English cars. He has two Sun gas analysers MGA 1200 and asked me to look at them for repair etc. That is why I found this site.

I hope to learn a lot and after reading etc I try to post.

Many greatings.

Onno

Onnosr

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf