Author Topic: New Physics  (Read 11597 times)

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
Re: New Physics
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2017, 04:22:57 am »
That excludes list is pretty much the whole world, is it not?

Offline raptor1956

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2017, 04:59:11 am »
Honestly, this looks like something you'd see posted on the Onion -- or Harbor Freight!

Brian

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2017, 06:48:14 am »
It clearly comes from a world where the US is no longer part of North America and 960MV handheld stun guns exist. :-DD

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2017, 07:07:06 am »
It's strange though. You'd have thought that for another measly 40 MV they could have had 1 GV !!  ;D

Offline IanMacdonald

• Frequent Contributor
    • IWR Consultancy
« Reply #54 on: September 25, 2017, 07:46:41 am »
This is interesting, as is almost all legislation in all countries.  So an intentionally non-lethal weapon is more tightly restricted than 'proper' but fully lethal weapons.  And apparently cattle prods and electric fences are not used in the UK cattle industry.

Electric fences are very widely used in the UK, in fact some are used rather carelessly where people could touch them without realising.

There has been a lot of controversy over whether police should be allowed to use Tasers.  In one facepalm incident an officer pulled a Taser on a crook and was promptly shot dead. It could be argued that the pulling of the Taser inflamed the situation into a firearms confrontation, and the crook might well have surrendered otherwise.

Offline Cerebus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: September 25, 2017, 09:30:57 am »
Item location: United States, United States
Shipping to: United States
Excludes: APO/FPO, Africa, Asia, Europe, Middle East, North America, Oceania, Southeast Asia, South America, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Saint Kitts-Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands
The US is no long part of North America? :o

Yeah, the whole semi-continent has filed for divorce. First god damns all of them in perpetuity (see below) now the very ground has had enough :).

Anybody got a syringe I can use to squeeze the magic smoke back into this?

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: September 25, 2017, 12:31:21 pm »
This is interesting, as is almost all legislation in all countries.  So an intentionally non-lethal weapon is more tightly restricted than 'proper' but fully lethal weapons.  And apparently cattle prods and electric fences are not used in the UK cattle industry.

We live in a knee jerk society where the tabloids drive policy and 'shock horror, stun guns available to anyone on the internet' headlines are often, and occasionally on the very next page, followed by 'nanny state wants to block all your internet fun' headlines.

We do live in a pretty safe society here in the UK though, there just aren't that many firearms in the hands of the public, legally or otherwise.

Electric fences are most definitely used in British livestock farming though I'm not sure about cattle prods, I'll ask my partner's dad next time I see him, he was a farmer for some years with a decent sized dairy herd.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf