Author Topic: New TV channel breaks Samsung TVs in country South Australia  (Read 755 times)

Offline station240Topic starter

• Supporter
New TV channel breaks Samsung TVs in country South Australia
« on: August 15, 2018, 02:12:37 pm »
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-15/samsung-tvs-turning-themselves-off-in-sa/10119962
Global electronics giant Samsung has been hit by a mysterious glitch that is causing several of its television models in regional South Australia to lose signal and turn off.

Electronics store worker Brendan Albrecht, who is based in Berri in the Riverland, said the issue was widespread and affecting multiple models.
"At this stage, it's anything that's roughly three years old to eight years old," Mr Albrecht said

In an email, a Samsung spokeswoman said the technology giant did not send any software updates out last week.
"I would like to clarify that Samsung did not conducted (sic) any software or firmware updates to our televisions during the time that the issue has occurred," she said.
In a statement, Samsung also urged affected customers to contact the company.

Nasty bug this, add a new channel to an existing transmitter, and a variety of TVs from one manufacturer stop receiving signals.
My guess is the software has gotten confused as to what region it's in, perhaps even what country.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf