Author Topic: Nike Adapt BB self-lacing sneaker...  (Read 2386 times)

Online BrianHGTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Nike Adapt BB self-lacing sneaker...
« on: January 16, 2019, 01:45:49 am »
What happens if your phone is dead of the battery in the sneaker is dead?
You cant's go out for the day?

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Nike Adapt BB self-lacing sneaker...
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 01:58:43 am »
There are two buttons on the side if you don't have your phone handy. I assume you're just out of luck if the shoe battery is flat though and you're going to be waiting whilst it charges for a minimum of 15 minutes.

These aren't aimed for general usage though so the impractical aspects aren't a massive deal. They're for people like my friend who are self confessed "sneakerhead" and thinks nothing of blowing huge sums on stuff like this. They won't wear them more than a handful of times in total. All about being seen with the latest rare shoes and building their collection. I think its madness personally but \*shrug* if thats their hobby then go for it.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 06:02:50 am »
 ;D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline shteii01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 09:09:27 pm »
Did you notice his point about the laces in the end?  That removes one "customization"/personalization feature of the product.  It is one less thing that people can use to diferentiate/separate themselves from the rest of us.  From the point of view of the sneaker culture, this is a bad thing.  So I think it will be the opposite, the sneaker people will not embrace this model because it offers them "less" when compared to the conventional sneakers.

There are two buttons on the side if you don't have your phone handy. I assume you're just out of luck if the shoe battery is flat though and you're going to be waiting whilst it charges for a minimum of 15 minutes.

These aren't aimed for general usage though so the impractical aspects aren't a massive deal. They're for people like my friend who are self confessed "sneakerhead" and thinks nothing of blowing huge sums on stuff like this. They won't wear them more than a handful of times in total. All about being seen with the latest rare shoes and building their collection. I think its madness personally but \*shrug* if thats their hobby then go for it.

Offline tsman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 10:23:22 pm »
Did you notice his point about the laces in the end?  That removes one "customization"/personalization feature of the product.  It is one less thing that people can use to diferentiate/separate themselves from the rest of us.  From the point of view of the sneaker culture, this is a bad thing.  So I think it will be the opposite, the sneaker people will not embrace this model because it offers them "less" when compared to the conventional sneakers.
Not everybody likes to customise or alter things. Some like my friend want to keep them in like new condition. He's just interested in having the latest sneakers. Wear them a couple times then they're back in a box and stored or sold to somebody else.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 11:22:11 pm »
Sneaker culture? I never realized there was such a thing. Does anyone even notice what sort of shoes another person is wearing? I can't recall the last time I even glanced at someone's shoes unless they were noisy or very brightly colored.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 01:45:07 am »
Sneaker culture? I never realized there was such a thing. Does anyone even notice what sort of shoes another person is wearing? I can't recall the last time I even glanced at someone's shoes unless they were noisy or very brightly colored.

Shoe collecting is a massive thing, and not just among athletes.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sneaker_collecting
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2019, 01:53:14 am »
Well, maybe not sneaker culture, but, step into a serious Venture Capital's office where you meet the head honcho who has access by his word to hundreds of millions of dollars, and yes, believe me, the first thing you notice is his shoes, and they are not sneakers...

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 02:06:55 am »
Well, maybe not sneaker culture, but, step into a serious Venture Capital's office where you meet the head honcho who has access by his word to hundreds of millions of dollars, and yes, believe me, the first thing you notice is his shoes, and they are not sneakers...

Then they aren't flaunting if they aren't blowing 60K on a pair of Air Jordans. ;D

https://www.popoptiq.com/most-expensive-mens-shoes/
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

The following users thanked this post: BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2019, 02:13:27 am »

Then they aren't flaunting if they aren't blowing 60K on a pair of Air Jordans. ;D

https://www.popoptiq.com/most-expensive-mens-shoes/
Holly shit: #4. Air Jordan Silver Shoes – $60,000...  :scared:

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2019, 03:47:21 am »

I really doubt I would notice, why would I look at his feet unless he was about to kick me or something? I probably couldn't tell the difference between a $40 pair of business shoes and a $4000 pair of designer shoes. I just don't care, fashion is about the most boring thing ever, maybe more so even than professional sports.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 05:42:58 am »
But you would immediately notice that if they were wearing sneakers...those wouldn't be normal sneakers. (5K+) ;D Sneaker collecting is a serious thing, and sneakerheads are not afraid to pay top dollar for shoes, similar to car collecting.

I wonder what would happen if you insult a sneakerhead's shoes...(insta-kill?) ;D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 07:35:32 am »
I just can't relate to that at all. I don't pay top dollar for anything, ever, and it's not because I can't afford to within reason. I get far more gratification out of finding a bargain on something I've been wanting, or fixing something I got for free. There's no fun in it otherwise, you can get anything you want if you're willing to pay out the nose for it, what's exciting about that?

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 05:39:07 pm »
I sure hope those shoes are connecting to your phone through a Nike-operated web server?! Doing this via just a local connection would  be sooo lame... |O

What a total bullshit product. Next thing you will read about someone hacking into Nike shoes an unlacing them while you are running down a flight of stairs...

The following users thanked this post: shteii01, BrianHG

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 06:49:42 pm »
I sure hope those shoes are connecting to your phone through a Nike-operated web server?! Doing this via just a local connection would  be sooo lame... |O

What a total bullshit product. Next thing you will read about someone hacking into Nike shoes an unlacing them while you are running down a flight of stairs...

You have found a cure to the sneakerhead plague... >:D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline Yansi

• Super Contributor
  • STM32, STM8, AVR, 8051
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2019, 08:33:21 pm »
Those self lacing shoes have been around for quite some time.

But I think Nike should put more effort in their "air max" technology, which is nothing more than overpriced dysfunctional fashion for pseuds.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf