Author Topic: NSA spying capability  (Read 41634 times)

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
Re: NSA spying capability
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2014, 08:50:11 am »
It would appear that there are not enough snoopers, This advert is in the latest edition of radcom.
They are looking for people to work in Bude which is in Cornwall, very close to the transatlantic cables and satellite communications.
They don't even require degrees, they want school kid's. How are they going to keep anything secret, it will be plastered all over facebook. :-DD

Offline scientist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2014, 09:21:02 am »
It would appear that there are not enough snoopers, This advert is in the latest edition of radcom.
They are looking for people to work in Bude which is in Cornwall, very close to the transatlantic cables and satellite communications.
They don't even require degrees, they want school kid's. How are they going to keep anything secret, it will be plastered all over facebook. :-DD

Oh, and how do we know you haven't embeded tracking macros and other sinister scripts into that PDF file you posted?

Offline johansen

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2014, 05:41:10 pm »

you get them at that age so they don't ask questions when they are 30.

we've seen this before across the pond.

also, had a thought today... with the NSA saying they don't spy on congress unless there's a "terrorist" connection...
last time, wasn't it "communists" they were looking for?

And only but 60 years later, we've got a half breed communist in the white house!

Offline scientist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2014, 08:11:39 pm »
* The average is 6 degrees of separation between any two users on Facebook. The real value can be anywhere from 0 to 8,000, and infinity for users that don't have any friends or are only friends with mutual friends.

Why is there no way to unsubscribe from threads?

Offline scientist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
  • User banned.
« Reply #79 on: February 07, 2014, 08:13:37 pm »
I will be pretty disappointed if I see the conspiracy theory nuts start flocking to this forum to discuss bullshit.
Be careful, there... Do you mean that you are comfortable with the coincidence theory nuts bullshit (using your own wording)?

After all, it is widely known that:

Do you want an authoritarian scientific position on chemtrails?
According Dr. Jaspery Kirkby, a CERN researcher,
  • "There's plenty of evidence that large regions of the climate are lacking sufficient aerosol to form clouds. Contrails are a well known example of that. These are not smoke trails, these are clouds which are seeded by jets dumping aerosols into the upper atmosphere."
Directly from the CERN Document Server: http://cdsweb.cern.ch/record/1181073

Sorry for the off-topic,
-George

:palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm:

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #80 on: February 07, 2014, 11:40:34 pm »
Here's a story for those NSA apologists who say "I have nothing to hide, so I don't mind being spied on, and I'm sure it's all in the national interest."

http://www.examiner.com/article/how-nsa-spies-ruin-1000s-of-america-s-greatest-people
How NSA spies ruin 1000s of America's greatest people

That's on top of the multiple sources of proof that the NSA spying is in large part commercially oriented, and has nothing to do with 'national security.'

In my opinion, people who are still OK with the NSA's activities are demonstrating not just a philosophical error, but multiple dimensions of moral cowardice. In a world in which the State has gone rogue and is committing criminal acts, if you *don't* have anything to hide you are failing to respond appropriately.

@Scientist, in what sense is it possible to 'subscribe' to eevblog threads at all? You could just avoid reading the thread if it unsettles you. Or better yet, save your time and don't bother posting dismissive replies to every comment that isn't pro-NSA, pro-US-govt.
Also, you were the *only* person that felt motivated to PM-question me about the origin of that photo of 'Intel secret Yellow Books' I posted. 
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline wilheldp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2014, 12:22:59 am »
Here's a story for those NSA apologists who say "I have nothing to hide, so I don't mind being spied on, and I'm sure it's all in the national interest."

At least for me, you are putting words in my mouth.  I don't have anything to hide, but sure as hell bothers me that my government is blatantly ignoring the Constitution.  My apathy doesn't stem from lack of rage...it stems from the realization that I am literally powerless to stop it.  There is only one politician in all of Washington DC that even pays lip service to reducing the size of government anymore, and that is Rand Paul.  And he always falls somewhere between being completely ignored or ridiculed by other politicians and the main stream media.  Our only options to reverse course is with the vote, but when nobody is running that represents your interests, how do you change anything by voting?

Offline ampdoctor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2014, 12:53:28 am »
Let's see....
Sherman's march to the sea
The genocide of native Americans
Japanese Interment camps
Gulf of Tonkin
The Pentagon Papers
Ruby Ridge
Branch Davidian Compound raid

Yet most most people somehow think this country is above the atrocities committed by other States in the course of history. Now so many people are just ok with giving the govt and it's agencies autonomous power over the citizens because they believe they're working to protect us? Wake Up! Never ever trust any government. Anybody that thinks that the NSA and other agencies aren't grossly abusing their power is delusional.  There's an old saying that says power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. I say power corrupts, and absolute power attracts the absolutely corrupt.

TerraHertz says people are exhibiting moral cowardice. I don't agree. I think the vast majority of people are so completely conditioned that they're incapable of thinking in any way counter to the official narrative and they will defend that position to their dying breath. That's not cowardice, it's subservience bordering on enslavement.

Voting? that's a joke! When you vote in a fully or even partially corrupt system you've relinquished your right to self determination to another person or group of people. And nobody has the right to grant another person or group the authority to control anybody else!

Offline Homer J SimpsonTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2014, 01:32:30 am »

http://www.examiner.com/article/how-nsa-spies-ruin-1000s-of-america-s-greatest-people
How NSA spies ruin 1000s of America's greatest people

That's on top of the multiple sources of proof that the NSA spying is in large part commercially oriented, and has nothing to do with 'national security.'

In my opinion, people who are still OK with the NSA's activities are demonstrating not just a philosophical error, but multiple dimensions of moral cowardice. In a world in which the State has gone rogue and is committing criminal acts, if you *don't* have anything to hide you are failing to respond appropriately.

@Scientist, in what sense is it possible to 'subscribe' to eevblog threads at all? You could just avoid reading the thread if it unsettles you. Or better yet, save your time and don't bother posting dismissive replies to every comment that isn't pro-NSA, pro-US-govt.
Also, you were the *only* person that felt motivated to PM-question me about the origin of that photo of 'Intel secret Yellow Books' I posted. 

TerraHertz. Very well said.

And I will repeat a quote I posted earlier in this thread.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin

KT
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:37:56 am by Homer J Simpson »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf