Author Topic: Patreon payments using a corporate account  (Read 1615 times)

Offline gertuxTopic starter

• Contributor
Patreon payments using a corporate account
« on: January 22, 2018, 09:45:04 am »
I was wondering if anyone is using a corporate account to make Patreon payments ?

As I've got my own company it would be a good idea to support the vloggers and others creators I like this way.
Being in the EU I have to pay VAT on these payments to Patreon (which is acceptable for the big players, but over the top for the small ones IMHO), if my company pays, they get to reclaim the VAT and they can deduct it as educational cost.

So, I'm looking for someone who's tried this, and preferably succeeded ;-)

For the record, I asked Patreon already
Hi,
I wondered if it was possible to become a patron with my company ?
The real question is whether it would be possible to send me a monthly invoice for all pledges (I'll stick with monthly pledges for all creators to keep it simple) ?
This invoice would list the total amount for that month, detail per creator would be nice but is not necessary, my company name and VAT number.

If this is not possible today I think you should consider implementing it because this would make the pledges tax deductible for companies and make the VAT refundable. As such the pledges would become much cheaper for patrons and would lower the bar to become a patron.

Cheers,

G

This was their response:
Hi G,

Thanks for reaching out with these questions.

We currently send all patrons receipts via email. Additionally we send VAT invoices to all patrons who are charged VAT for their pledges via email as well.

We address all receipts and invoices to the name listed on the account, so if you would like your company name to be listed on your receipts/VAT invoices, I recommend making your company name the username of the account.

I hope that this helps and that you're having a lovely day.

Regards,
R

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf