Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 348914 times)

Offline raptor1956

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #300 on: July 29, 2018, 03:24:02 am »
A friend of mine posted this funny picture:

A Goose named Roomba

Brian

Offline peteb2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #301 on: July 29, 2018, 06:46:10 am »
This was Morris as a young kitten. Throughout his life he often appeared on my workbench to say hello and approve what i was repairing in the moment. Once satisfied he'd find the computer keyboard and curl up on it for a sleep....

Morris lived 19yrs.

The following users thanked this post: Cubdriver

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #302 on: July 29, 2018, 07:39:54 am »
Morris was a handsome fellow, Pete.  Great photo!

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: peteb2

Offline david77

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #303 on: July 29, 2018, 09:31:39 am »
This was Simon one of the sweetest cats I've ever met. I got him as a birthday present for my 18th birthday in 1999.
He loved to be carried around on my shoulder. He was a good mouse catcher and regularly brought them home - sometimes hanging half a mouse up to dry  :P.
I had to have him put down in 2011, he got very sick and constantly had nose bleeds. One of the hardest days  :'(.

Then in 2012 this fella, Max, decided to move in with us. He was one of our neighbours cats but didn't like their other cat. So he just moved two doors down the road. One day we had his vaccination certificate in our letterbox. Apparently he came from a bad home originally, so he's not very good with people. That's probably also the reason why he's a loner and not very cuddly. He's become more approachable with age, he now demands his 5 minutes of cuddling every day.

Now his previous owner has died and her son asked us if we would also take care of the other cat - we'll have to see how that works out...
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 09:35:06 am by david77 »

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, tooki, knapik

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #304 on: July 29, 2018, 04:42:10 pm »
It seems no matter what that they always leave us far too soon.  That's an awful decision to have to make, but some comfort has to come from knowing that it's for the best despite the hurt.

Simon must have been an awesome cat!

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline peteb2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #305 on: July 30, 2018, 09:16:46 am »
Morris was a handsome fellow, Pete.  Great photo!

-Pat

He sure was and of all the critters that have come into my life Morris had to be about the most memorable. It was the 1st time i ever shared my home with a pedigree compared the moggy strays that i took in through previous years. As a British Blue he was very aloof and never ever sat on my lap or leapt up onto the kitchen bench. He'd  seek attention & verification i was around by appearing at the most inconvenient time, be it at as i did something on the electronics bench or if i was under a car swapping out a transmission & he'd stand in precisely the wrong place!

Here's a YT of him with me speaking in my most ridiculous sounding voice ever (which many of us are guilty of apparently)..

« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 09:19:08 am by peteb2 »

Offline peteb2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #306 on: July 30, 2018, 09:26:36 am »
guys, throw away those annoying lasers and buy a electric toothbrush !  :-DD

Not only cats that enjoy a good brush. Even the bovines do it seems (sorry for going OT)...

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #307 on: July 30, 2018, 09:34:18 am »
Yeah Pete, we've got a Lely setup just down the road from us in Taupaki.

https://youtu.be/nIWAJsa2spQ
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #308 on: July 30, 2018, 02:20:06 pm »
Not only Cats Enjoy some Vibrating Toy:
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Offline Raj

• Frequent Contributor
  • Self taught, experimenter, noob(ish)
« Reply #309 on: July 30, 2018, 05:24:42 pm »
in the hat

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #310 on: July 30, 2018, 07:24:40 pm »
This is the local sort of feral cat, she is again just slightly knocked up. No name, responds to kitty, and sort of allows you to scratch her. Looking to get her fixed up when she drops, last lot of 6 kittens died from cat flu though, they just did not make it when they caught it, and they did not respond to antibiotics when I gave them.

The following users thanked this post: mathsquid

Offline peteb2

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #311 on: July 30, 2018, 08:16:37 pm »

Gotta admit there's an opportunity to put some damn fine electronics smarts into one of those cow-brush things.... Motor torque auto-ranging, auto height, a dye-chem tag to mark the cow so there's a reference to her having had a good scrub and whether it increases her milk yield.... yadda-yadda....

I expect most are simple mechanical no bullshit systems so there's zero maintenance, the most important thing in that environment i guess.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #312 on: July 30, 2018, 08:39:39 pm »

Gotta admit there's an opportunity to put some damn fine electronics smarts into one of those cow-brush things.... Motor torque auto-ranging, auto height, a dye-chem tag to mark the cow so there's a reference to her having had a good scrub and whether it increases her milk yield.... yadda-yadda....

I expect most are simple mechanical no bullshit systems so there's zero maintenance, the most important thing in that environment i guess.
Talking about electronic smarts, if you want a look at this same shed that also has 3 Astronaut robotic milkers let me know as they're good mates of ours. If you know a little about dairy farms think again as this place will open your eyes.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #313 on: July 30, 2018, 10:21:14 pm »
My Siamese Taza developed diabetes. She started to pee a lot and got really skinny so had to take her in to see what was the issue. She responded to the insulin very well and now seems completely normal. Have to give two shots a day until we go back for a glucose curve, maybe one a day will do I hope.

Where do these cats on You Tube who help demo how to give insulin shots learn to stand still?  :palm:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #314 on: July 31, 2018, 04:23:12 am »
Where do these cats on You Tube who help demo how to give insulin shots learn to stand still?  :palm:
Can't say for those on YT, but a former classic orange tabby I had named Duck Sauce was just a really great patient. Never gave me any issues with his insulin shots at all, even if I ended up hitting a tender spot (had to give him insulin for years).

Of course he was definitely a people kitty, so that probably had a lot to do with it (he knew he was going to get loved on).

Offline Raj

• Frequent Contributor
  • Self taught, experimenter, noob(ish)
« Reply #315 on: August 01, 2018, 03:44:56 am »
not my cat, but still, a cat

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #316 on: August 01, 2018, 12:49:48 pm »
My Siamese Taza developed diabetes. She started to pee a lot and got really skinny so had to take her in to see what was the issue. She responded to the insulin very well and now seems completely normal. Have to give two shots a day until we go back for a glucose curve, maybe one a day will do I hope.

One of my pair was recently diagnosed with diabetes. The same symptoms, although for about a year he’d had trouble digesting, we thought it was diet, we tried everything. Then suddenly he started drinking an awful lot, peeing a lot, lost a lot of weight over a few weeks, and became very lethargic. It’s taken a couple of months to get the doseage right, he’s on 3 units twice a day. He doesn’t have the same jumping strength he had, but other than that he’s the same old moggy. At one point in the early days of diagnosis when he was on one unit, he was so lethargic I thought he was a goner.

Regarding the injections, we put it in the scruff of his neck. First we lightly pinch the scruff, and he immediately becomes compliant, lying down, and in it goes. All done in a couple of seconds. My assumption is that this is a natural reaction, from when they were carried as kittens.

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #317 on: September 13, 2018, 04:50:04 pm »
Cat and mouse.

Also, the results today of intervening in a cat fight. One cat (the one in 1st pic) is friendly towards the other. They were sniffing noses, when the other much larger cat suddenly took a swipe. I grabbed the large one, she reacted badly.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 01:18:42 am by TerraHertz »
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #318 on: September 13, 2018, 05:26:28 pm »
 ;D get some heavy armoured gloves from your next police outfitter.  :-+

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #319 on: September 13, 2018, 05:53:53 pm »
Ha. I HAVE such gloves, and have used them in hand to hand combat with possums.
But this was unexpected.

Bah. The left hand one is a full depth front fangs bite, and is getting infected. Antibiotics begun. The right hand set are just superficial scratches, only look bad because of the dried blood and iodine.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline bob225

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #320 on: September 13, 2018, 06:59:33 pm »
That's a mere scratch try a full feral Tom in full fight mode after being trapped, full length leather gauntlets did stop that one I'm pleased to say 6 hours later he was awake less 2 of his friends

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #321 on: September 14, 2018, 03:57:05 am »
Damn, dude - you got shredded!!   :wtf:

Hope it heals quick.  My ex's male cat sank his teeth into me once; I got to take pills for a week, too.  Not fun.

-Pat

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
« Reply #322 on: September 14, 2018, 04:00:22 am »
Damn, dude - you got shredded!! owned !!  :wtf:

Hope it heals quick.  My ex's male cat sank his teeth into me once; I got to take pills for a week, too.  Not fun.

-Pat
Correction added.  :)
Avid Rabid Hobbyist

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #323 on: September 15, 2018, 01:38:58 pm »
Neither shredded nor owned. I won, cat was in a lock hold till she calmed down, then let down to the floor gently.

The culprit:

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #324 on: September 15, 2018, 02:16:03 pm »
 ;D use some Nasa Stuff to prevent it from scratching you:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf