Author Topic: Post a picture of a cat!  (Read 349081 times)

Offline nctnicoTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: Post a picture of a cat!
« Reply #350 on: October 15, 2018, 07:55:14 pm »
Poor cat. That's why I do not allow cats in the lab/workshop. It's already a dangerous place for those who know what they're doing. Even more so for those who don't.
Poor cat indeed.  It's plainly obvious that he suffers horribly living here.  ;)
What a very nice picture portret of your cat!  :-+
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #351 on: October 18, 2018, 05:15:57 am »
Insert Schrodinger's Cat reference here...
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #352 on: October 18, 2018, 06:18:33 am »
Poor cat. That's why I do not allow cats in the lab/workshop. It's already a dangerous place for those who know what they're doing. Even more so for those who don't.
Poor cat indeed.  It's plainly obvious that he suffers horribly living here.  ;)
What a very nice picture portret of your cat!  :-+

Thanks!  I work from home, and as photography is a hobby of mine, they are frequent subjects since they're around and happy to pose.  I've been getting some good ones lately with that 100mm macro lens.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #353 on: October 18, 2018, 06:26:31 am »
Insert Schrodinger's Cat reference here...

They do have a thing for boxes, don't they?  And fitting is obviously not high on the list of criteria for box selection...

-Pat

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #354 on: October 18, 2018, 06:41:06 am »
At 0:14 and again at 0:34 he's asking your permission to stay as he's enjoying the exploration. At 0:50 he's like, "3444A! 3442A! So many 3440 modules, so little time!"

I felt for the cat.

I wouldn't mind him being up there, except for the fact that he previously knocked a heavy output transformer off the top shelf, managing to dent BOTH end bells (along with breaking the shaft off a rotary switch on something that was on the floor below), so now I need to do body work then strip and powder coat them again.  And you may have noticed the white fluff looking material up there.  That WAS a roll of paper towels that I put up there thinking it might be safe from claws.  Wrong!  It fell prey to him, or perhaps his sister Pixel.  She too is a great climber and has been seen up there, and I am more inclined to suspect her as the shredder as she has been caught vaporizing rolls of toilet paper in the past.

-Pat

Offline capt bullshot

• Super Contributor
    • Mostly useless stuff, but nice to have: wunderkis.de
« Reply #355 on: October 18, 2018, 06:56:19 am »
Better watch out not to be thrown out with the trash:

Not yet fully unpacked that laptop:

« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 06:58:38 am by capt bullshot »
Safety devices hinder evolution

The following users thanked this post: edavid

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #356 on: October 18, 2018, 10:24:04 am »
Lab cat being himself:

Aww...
Cats like high places. Don't fight it, make him/her a bed up there.
Here's my literate ceilingcat. That's her favorite spot. Some newspaper on a sheet of polyethylene foam for warmth, on cardboard to protect the books beneath.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline cgroen

• Supporter
    • Carstens personal web
« Reply #357 on: October 18, 2018, 02:17:18 pm »
Well, I figured I had to put my cat Pedro on youtube  :-DD
Trying to fit in a Farnell box, which was a little difficult....

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #358 on: October 18, 2018, 02:57:58 pm »
How to catch Mice? With Cheese.
How to catch Cats? With Boxes.  ^-^
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #359 on: October 18, 2018, 09:24:51 pm »
When LabCat was smaller, he did saucepans, too...

-Pat

Online Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #360 on: October 18, 2018, 11:26:22 pm »
That's what I was going to suggest as well.  Maybe even make a small wooden shelf high up in a corner, and a board covered with hemp rope (or cross sections of corrugated cardboard) as a cat ladder.

I don't know if it works for cats too, but rubbing one of your own old sweaty-stanky t-shirts or towels on your dog, and putting it inside their new bed, gets the message across immediately and without error.

When I first met my brother's Norwegian forest cat, Elvis, who normally didn't like new people much, giving the slow blink and drawing a large circle in my lap with my finger was enough to get him to sit in my lap for a bit.

Offline MarkL

• Supporter
« Reply #361 on: October 19, 2018, 12:36:29 am »
Cardboard is certainly favored, but metal seems to be ok too.

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #362 on: October 19, 2018, 12:40:21 am »
Cosmo & Taza -
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #363 on: October 19, 2018, 04:21:25 am »
That's what I was going to suggest as well.  Maybe even make a small wooden shelf high up in a corner, and a board covered with hemp rope (or cross sections of corrugated cardboard) as a cat ladder.

I don't know if it works for cats too, but rubbing one of your own old sweaty-stanky t-shirts or towels on your dog, and putting it inside their new bed, gets the message across immediately and without error.

When I first met my brother's Norwegian forest cat, Elvis, who normally didn't like new people much, giving the slow blink and drawing a large circle in my lap with my finger was enough to get him to sit in my lap for a bit.

Well, they do have a spot on the top of the new bookcase; I've put padded Amazon mailing envelopes up there for them, too.

They use it occasionally, but apparently, like kids, where you're NOT supposed to be is far more appealing than where you're allowed to go.

A shelf is not a bad idea, though - perhaps I'll put something up in my office at some point in my spare time...

-Pat

<edit - typos>
« Last Edit: October 19, 2018, 07:18:13 am by Cubdriver »

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #364 on: October 19, 2018, 06:55:25 am »
At 0:14 and again at 0:34 he's asking your permission to stay as he's enjoying the exploration. At 0:50 he's like, "3444A! 3442A! So many 3440 modules, so little time!"

I felt for the cat.

I wouldn't mind him being up there, except for the fact that he previously knocked a heavy output transformer off the top shelf, managing to dent BOTH end bells (along with breaking the shaft off a rotary switch on something that was on the floor below), so now I need to do body work then strip and powder coat them again.  And you may have noticed the white fluff looking material up there.  That WAS a roll of paper towels that I put up there thinking it might be safe from claws.  Wrong!  It fell prey to him, or perhaps his sister Pixel.  She too is a great climber and has been seen up there, and I am more inclined to suspect her as the shredder as she has been caught vaporizing rolls of toilet paper in the past.

-Pat

Tell me about it. Our cats, two siblings, Samson and Monica, have broken lamps, vases and other fragile objects in their résumé.

Anyway, I hope you have taken my demonstration of sympathy for your cat as a light joke. It is obvious he is a happy and healthy wild beast. ;)

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #365 on: October 19, 2018, 07:08:23 am »

I felt for the cat.

-Pat

Tell me about it. Our cats, two siblings, Samson and Monica, have broken lamps, vases and other fragile objects in their résumé.

Anyway, I hope you have taken my demonstration of sympathy for your cat as a light joke. It is obvious he is a happy and healthy wild beast. ;)

:-+ I did indeed, thus my tongue-in-cheek response showing how horribly mistreated he is on a daily basis.  He is indeed quite the character, and the lot of them provide considerable entertainment (along with occasional frustration).  And siblings are even better at wreaking havoc - they seem to have a telepathic bond that enables them to collude more efficiently!  Gilmore is one of the three siblings I have; his sisters Beaker and Pixel (L-R) are the two gazing expectantly at the top of the bookcase from the top platform of cat tree in the first bookcase photo in the post above.

-Pat

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #366 on: October 19, 2018, 07:16:48 am »

And by the way - note the thread title!  I scrolled back and found a pic of Sampson, but none of Monica!  We need kitteh photos!! <we also need a poking-with-a-stick smiley!>
;)

-Pat

Offline bsfeechannel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #367 on: October 20, 2018, 12:51:37 am »
Yeah, sure! Samson is a very affectionate but "protocolar" cat. He likes to show that he loves us but he awaits for our permission for almost everything. Monica is the opposite. She's da boss. She treat us most of the time as her staff. And when she sees that she can't get us to do what she wants, she tries to get it herself. So when we see her demonstrating affection like in the pic below, it's worth the photo.

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, tooki, Cubdriver

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #368 on: October 20, 2018, 06:20:12 am »
Posted to another forum I'm on - so totally true!!

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
« Reply #369 on: October 22, 2018, 06:48:40 pm »
Blueskull - congrats on 'hiring' your new lab assistant (supervisor??) - looks like a fine helper.

But what is this 'posture' thing you speak of?  I don't think cats 'do' posture.  I swear Pixel has Shore 20A rubber bits where her spine should be.  Please note that as I readied the phone to take her picture, she woke up and UNTWISTED a bit.  When I first saw her, her hind feet were more in line with her head.

-Pat

The following users thanked this post: blueskull

Offline GeoffreyF

• Regular Contributor
ESD Cat
« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2018, 06:49:05 pm »
Shocking cat.
US Amateur Extra W1GCF.

Offline GeoffreyF

• Regular Contributor
Plasma cat
« Reply #371 on: October 22, 2018, 06:51:34 pm »
Plasma Cat takes your Cat IV in a flash.
US Amateur Extra W1GCF.

Offline GeoffreyF

• Regular Contributor
Quantum Cat
« Reply #372 on: October 22, 2018, 06:54:56 pm »
Quantum Tunneling cat
US Amateur Extra W1GCF.

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #373 on: October 22, 2018, 06:58:48 pm »
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #374 on: October 30, 2018, 01:54:35 am »
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf