Author Topic: Power lines, 5G... bad for wildlife? Your thoughts?  (Read 4387 times)

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: Power lines, 5G... bad for wildlife? Your thoughts?
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2019, 08:23:17 pm »
If you're talking about me, your characterization of what you think is my position is wrong.

Also, read the literature on 5G, and RF and health generally. For example, the NTP findings linked below. For that reason, I think that making hasty decisions would not be wise..

I got my info on things like base station density straight from the 5G literature.

I just don't think its wise, until we know much more especially given that we know that so very many other toxicants also impact the same endpoints in the body and there is pressure to relax regulation in them too.

Even as we're discovering important problems like the problem with Fyn and c-Cbl I pointed out earlier.

According to NTP, now I realize that RF has been declared a human carcinogen. That is far from the benign picture advocates paint, isnt it?

Who knows what the outcome should be? I know I don't.

Also, do you see why I am arguing that a great many pro-oxidant toxicants are additive? That is one of the reasons, its been shown that birth defects occur in a dose related manner at environmentally relevant numbers, when an unborn child is exposed to very low levels of pro-oxidant environmental factors at that stage of development. One of a number of measurable parameters we see from strong nearby RF exposure is increases in reactive oxygen species and increases in DNA repair adducts can also be measured.

This is new.  Another data point.
Still have not read it fully. 

NTP = the US National Toxicology Program.

-------

Format: Abstract

Int J Oncol. 2019 Jan;54(1):111-127. doi: 10.3892/ijo.2018.4606. Epub 2018 Oct 24.
Comments on the US National Toxicology Program technical reports on toxicology and carcinogenesis study in rats exposed to whole-body radiofrequency radiation at 900 MHz and in mice exposed to whole-body radiofrequency radiation at 1,900 MHz.
Hardell L1, Carlberg M1.
Author information
Abstract

During the use of handheld mobile and cordless phones, the brain is the main target of radiofrequency (RF) radiation. An increased risk of developing glioma and acoustic neuroma has been found in human epidemiological studies. Primarily based on these findings, the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) at the World Health Organization (WHO) classified in May, 2011 RF radiation at the frequency range of 30 kHz‑300 GHz as a 'possible' human carcinogen, Group 2B. A carcinogenic potential for RF radiation in animal studies was already published in 1982. This has been confirmed over the years, more recently in the Ramazzini Institute rat study. An increased incidence of glioma in the brain and malignant schwannoma in the heart was found in the US National Toxicology Program (NTP) study on rats and mice. The NTP final report is to be published; however, the extended reports are published on the internet for evaluation and are reviewed herein in more detail in relation to human epidemiological studies. Thus, the main aim of this study was to compare earlier human epidemiological studies with NTP findings, including a short review of animal studies. We conclude that there is clear evidence that RF radiation is a human carcinogen, causing glioma and vestibular schwannoma (acoustic neuroma). There is some evidence of an increased risk of developing thyroid cancer, and clear evidence that RF radiation is a multi‑site carcinogen. Based on the Preamble to the IARC Monographs, RF radiation should be classified as carcinogenic to humans, Group 1.

PMID:
PMCID:
    PMC6254861
DOI:
    10.3892/ijo.2018.4606

------
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6254861/

They appear to be commenting on this draft.

https://ntp.niehs.nih.gov/ntp/about_ntp/trpanel/2018/march/tr595peerdraft.pdf
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 10:02:46 pm by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline PrecisionAnalytic

• Regular Contributor
Re: Power lines, 5G... bad for wildlife? Your thoughts?
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2019, 05:54:28 pm »
Latest and greatest food for thought on the real potential dangers:
http://dewdefenseprojects.blogspot.com/2019/03/neuroscientist-dr-james-giordano-on.html

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf