Author Topic: Puzzling Cern,it appears subatomic particles have exceeded the speed of light.  (Read 21807 times)

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
2 thousand odd words in his posts on "d*ck size" was wasting space.
2k words on dick is not a waste compared to 2k of the same repeating word. well, thats my personal taste. agree with you.

"The speed of light is the fastest anything can go relative to the reference of space"  Mechatrommer
looks like not anymore. neutrino breaks the rule.

dont take my words too seriously searg, it was just my random thought. i mean no harm ;)
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Lawsen

• Frequent Contributor
It is still too premature to conclude that sub atomic particles traveled faster than the speed of light.  The Cern group will have to do series of tests that are reproduce able, means repeatedly the exact same result, before even this is accepted.  It is still a null result, unless the happens all the time at exactly the same condition.  It reminds me to the report of cold fusion in an university at Utah.  It did not worked, but the news was excited with cold fusion, two hydrogen atoms to helium plus energy.  What about room temperature super conductor, Se Cu, but it needs gases to keep it cool, so no such thing?  I spent my time working with a professor on this, when I was struggling with school.  We have our vintage analog sine wave HP signal generator.  These are all pre mature results.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2011, 08:51:09 pm by Lawsen »

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
Did they find any clues for this strange behavior?

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
It is still a null result, unless the happens all the time at exactly the same condition.
if you read the post, they did it repeatadly, what they are suspecting is "systemic error" which error happens everytime the test is conducted. what they are looking for is another experiment with very different setup but getting the same result.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline PetrosA

• Frequent Contributor
Why is it that people so often fail to get jokes on the Internet?

<evil grin>
I miss my home I miss my porch, porch

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
There was a young lady named Bright,
Whose speed was far faster than light.
She went out one day,
In a relative way,
 And returned the previous night!

Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline Lanman

• Contributor