Author Topic: Recommendation for 18650-li-ion-batteries  (Read 7621 times)

Offline krondorTopic starter

Recommendation for 18650-li-ion-batteries
« on: August 19, 2017, 10:46:46 pm »
Hello,

I am looking to buy a few 18650-type rechargeable batteries.
Searching for this type on Aliexpress I get a lot of different brands. Some of them with extremely unrealistic claims of their total capacity (up to 10.000 mAh), some with pretty realistic specifications regarding total capacity.
Some brands showing up there would be: Liitokala, PKCell, Nastima, Gvanca, Lomo, BTY, VariCore, MJKAA.
I know that none of them are "classic" reputable brands as Sanyo, Pansonic etc.
But does anyone have specific experiences with any of these chinese brands? Quality? Life span? etc. etc.

I've had a long look at the website lygte-info.dk, but it didn't help me a lot though there's quite a lot of useful info there.

Peter

Offline senso

• Frequent Contributor
    • My AVR tutorials
Re: Recommendation for 18650-li-ion-batteries
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 01:01:12 am »
Get Samsung, Sony or LG for nkon.nl, they are pretty cheap and nkon is a reputable source for original, if not, you might be buying into a house fire or a nice LiPo explosion..

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 03:46:27 am »
Here's a discussion of a good deal for 18650s:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/renewable-energy/ebay-seller-with-great-deal-on-lg-18650's/

The best 18650s in existence are the ones Tesla uses, but I have no idea where to get just a few. (Group buy part of a Tesla pack and split it up?)
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline MacMeter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 02:41:54 pm »
Hello,

I am looking to buy a few 18650-type rechargeable batteries.
Searching for this type on Aliexpress I get a lot of different brands. Some of them with extremely unrealistic claims of their total capacity (up to 10.000 mAh), some with pretty realistic specifications regarding total capacity.
Some brands showing up there would be: Liitokala, PKCell, Nastima, Gvanca, Lomo, BTY, VariCore, MJKAA.
I know that none of them are "classic" reputable brands as Sanyo, Pansonic etc.
But does anyone have specific experiences with any of these chinese brands? Quality? Life span? etc. etc.

I've had a long look at the website lygte-info.dk, but it didn't help me a lot though there's quite a lot of useful info there.

Peter

Known as "Battery Mooch", specializes in testing batteries and exposing fakes. This link is one place he can be found:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/mooch.256958/

Offline fourtytwo42

• Super Contributor
  • Interested in all things green/ECO NOT political
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 03:34:29 pm »
I just has a Bolt Power jumpstarter popped inside my car, and it's scary like hell -- had I discover the bulged battery a few hours later I could well have a burnt metal frame instead of a Honda Accord.
Good reason to stick to simple old jumpleads :) (sorry for the offtopic).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf