Author Topic: RIGOL DS1052E arrived.  (Read 15863 times)

Offline Strube09

• Regular Contributor
Re: RIGOL DS1052E arrived.
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2010, 06:17:12 pm »
Anyone have a copy or know where i can get the Firmware 2.02?

Mine game with 2.04

Thanks

Offline ElektroQuark

• Supporter
    • ElektroQuark
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2010, 06:29:32 pm »
Send me a PM with your email.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born in Finland with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2010, 06:29:42 am »
Here is genuine 02.02.SP2
This share was shared in Rigol official chinese sites, March 2010.
After then they take FW update off.
(Rigol sides in China, NOT any "rigolna". This "rigolna" do not update they sites or they update very very slowly.)

http://www.box.net/shared/et7ztaxauf

This is whole zip include upgrade manual and FW upgrade for DS1000E and DS1000D (be careful: use right model!!!)

I do not know if all product versions are compatible for old FW.

Also I do not have new official product version 00.02.04.00.01 FW. (exept inside some Rigol scopes)
This time nobody can not know difference, we can only quessing.

Remember this manufacturer note as long as it is in current note.
"6. Before the upgrade, please contact RIGOL Technical and Support Department to confirm whether the current firmware version can be upgraded to the target version or not."

If it works with one or some units it do not proof that it works with you individual scope.

So you know risks for FW upgrade/downgrade and mod.

Think twice before you do and think more than twice if you really need it.  

Maybe littlebit more sampling noise as original DS1102E. (I have seen one, there was more sampling noise/jitter... sampling noise is one of most important think in digital scope quality... peoples can simple think that A/D sampling is just as "modulator" (sampled signal is modulated with this "noise" and you see on the screen only this production, not original signal.)
(factory have not selected this individual unit (main board) for make 1102E ... it have ranked to 1052E production)

And most important what Rigol need is better quality BW filtering before A/D... NOT simple more wide. It need more tight reject for high frequencies! Also it need less noise in A/D timing. Good mods for these?
becouse factory have not select this individual HW for 1102E)

---------------

BTW this DS6000 is very interesting scope....(pict 1)
http://www.rigol.com/index.aspx?type=zhcn
(here you find also manuals and other downloads what are more frequently updated as in "rigolna"... may be "rigolna" is in US and this is maybe reason why they are not updated. )

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 06:40:53 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2010, 07:35:44 am »
(Rigol sides in China, NOT any "rigolna". This "rigolna" do not update they sites or they update very very slowly.)

I've downloaded this file and it's identical to one sent to me by Rigol NA about a month ago.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2010, 08:11:44 am »

I've downloaded this file and it's identical to one sent to me by Rigol NA about a month ago.

Of course it is same, version number is exactly same. in China it was in public official share! (no need ask)

But example manuals, rigolna still share 2008 manual... (and also other obsolete material - why?)

I do not understand Rigol. Not very clever to use separate database. (maybe rigolna is not very important part of Rigol... maybe most important part of markets are in fast developing Asia and not in technical museum.)

(later after this public modification with loud voice to all world they take it off and after then they also do work for stop this posibility in future. Next is maybe so that they lock downgrade and take off mod+serial number commands (and also some other interesting not documented commands).

« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 08:32:41 am by rf-loop »
I drive a LEC (low el. consumption) BEV car. Smoke exhaust pipes - go to museum. In Finland quite all electric power is made using nuclear, wind, solar and water.

Wises must compel the mad barbarians to stop their crimes against humanity. Where have the wises gone?

Offline xani

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2010, 12:18:03 pm »
Then ppl will just desolder one part, too late for Rigol to fix that ;]

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2010, 01:36:59 pm »
Then ppl will just desolder one part, too late for Rigol to fix that ;]

Open case, make mod, loose warranty.

Simple HW mod do not give 2ns/div (and 25Gs/s egual-time)

Of course HW modifications are possible. There is also possible to try do better HW mod than desolder one part.
If want really better scope... analog front end need do better... better flatness, better rejection for over band frequencies.

Offline ParKel

« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2010, 05:49:42 am »
I found my Rigol DS1052E sitting on my front porch after I got back in town today. It was purchased from DX back in 4-23-2010. Firmware version 2.04 and no UltraZoom logo(Which is excelent). Unit was calibrated 4-20-2010.

I downgraded FW back to 02.02.02 for 100MHz mod and upgraded back to 2.04. Everything works perfectly. Posting this detail just incase you guys are keeping track of this stuff.

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2010, 07:03:12 am »
Your 2.04 have now example "help texts" if press some button long time?
If you ask scope *IDN? what it tell about 02.04 version. (scope display do not show whole version number!)

This time factory current product version is 00.02.04.00.01
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 05:01:32 am by rf-loop »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf