Author Topic: RS Components and same day shipping  (Read 2141 times)

Offline Jeroen3Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
RS Components and same day shipping
« on: October 17, 2018, 07:15:03 am »
Lately RS Components is failing their same day shipping commitment.
Eg: orders placed before 17:30 will arrive next working day.

Anyone else experience this?

Offline station240

• Supporter
Re: RS Components and same day shipping
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 07:24:12 am »
Come to Australia, where hardly anything I bought off RS is even in the country.
5 days to arrive, sometimes 6.
Sure you get next day delivery on the one or two parts they had in stock locally.

But yes I have seen stuff that was supposed to be next day, take an extra day. Best guess it was hard to find/get to and so left till the next morning.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 07:54:09 am »
Lately RS fails at everything. You order stuff 2 months in advance (just in time delivery) and they cancel orders. Or they send the wrong components. It is very expensive to order from them, because of this. I mean they can ruin a production run just by saying that the 100nF caps that you wanted disappeared in the meantime.

Offline Wirehead

• Regular Contributor
    • Wirehead.be
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 11:17:34 am »
Arrow has been good lately. Especially since they pay customs fees..  :-+
"to remain static is to lose ground"

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 12:41:10 pm »
<crossing fingers in case of hex spell>
Last few orders (checked that they were all ex-stock) arrived next morning ... so far all ok here. Sorry, not much help.
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline Jeroen3Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 06:39:49 pm »
Ah well, I have to admit. They did deliver! The website doesn't tell me this, it's still "ordered and approved".
But 3 different parcels did eventually arrive (from 3 different couriers) with all the bags of RS....

Has been a while.

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 10:06:33 pm »
Quote from: Jeroen3
Ah well, I have to admit. They did deliver! The website doesn't tell me this, it's still "ordered and approved".
But 3 different parcels did eventually arrive (from 3 different couriers) with all the bags of RS ....
Good news .. yeah, this dozens of over-packaged single items from all over the world is a sad hit to the environment. I've put in a complaint ages ago,
never expected any response, just a lone cry :-)  .. as for suppliers in general ... Digikey, Mouser, RS, Farnell etc are a HECK of a lot better than they were
a few years ago. Constantly switching from one to another as they change their behaviour .. just have to get used to it / adapt :-)
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline innkeeper

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 10:23:28 pm »
arrow has been doing this for a while..plus the shipping is free!!!!

there are exceptions to the availability of overnight shipping from arrow, i assume due to stocking conditions, but those exceptions are clearly marked as to how soon they can ship...
I can usually work around that by picking a suitable equivalent part, usually just a brand change or small spec change etc.

its amazing they can ship event he smallest order overnight free.

Hobbyist and a retired engineer and possibly a test equipment addict, though, searching for the equipment to test for that.

Offline BradC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2018, 02:16:49 am »
Last few orders (checked that they were all ex-stock) arrived next morning ... so far all ok here. Sorry, not much help.

I'm the same. I use RS all the time and have done regularly for about 9 years now (I was out of the country for a few years before that). They've dudded me once, which was on a lithium cell that had to come from the UK by boat, and it never arrived.
Other than that, as long as I check that the stock is local (and yeah it's a pain as you have to individually check each item before adding it to the cart) it has always arrived the next day (which given it's always coming from the other side of the country is actually quite an achievement). The stuff coming from outside of the country always arrives within the 5 working days, and mostly sooner.

So, no they seem to do good work for me also. There is something strange about being able to order a 15c resistor that has to come from the UK by air freight and not paying any postage.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf