Author Topic: NEED HELP DHO924S vs MSO5074 vs SDS804XHD+AWG  (Read 70 times)

Online blaisesaundersTopic starter

NEED HELP DHO924S vs MSO5074 vs SDS804XHD+AWG
« on: Yesterday at 03:10:03 pm »
Hi there,

Tearing my hair out trying pick a scope over the past few weeks |O . Have scrubbed just about every inch of the internet for info on these scopes and can't make my mind up so asking for help from the experts. Please advise if this kind of topic is frowned upon, in the wrong place etc. this is my first forum post  :D

I am planning on entering the world of audio / synthesizer design so not fussed on bandwidth but keen on accuracy and resolution, very keen on the bode plot functionality hence considering the 924s over the 804. But at the price of the 924S I'm considering the MSO5074 instead, but worried about it's age and lack of 12 bit.
On the other hand I am keen on the Siglent, it has twice the memory used in FFTs, I can use better external AWGs from Siglent than the questionable built in Rigol AWG and the specs look good, however I do worry that the Siglent is too cheap and have heard the FFT is laggy, I have just sold my 2 digital scopes (90s boat anchor and laggy hantek) because they are so cumbersome to use and worry the Siglent FFT may be too slow. I would happily sacrifice a little bit of accuracy for better UX, which makes me want the 924S... But again worried I would be paying more for a bad AWG and worse overall specs...

Can someone who maybe knows a little more about these scopes or has more scope experience please help point me in the right direction? Am I focusing on the right things here? Should I pony up a little more for something different? Would like to keep the AWG+scope purchase to under $1,500AUD (~$1000USD) but happy to be talked into spending more money  ;)

Am slowly driving myself mad, any help appreciated  :-DD

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf