Author Topic: Single Transistor Oscilator soldering surface?  (Read 1273 times)

Offline kalelTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Single Transistor Oscilator soldering surface?
« on: June 22, 2017, 03:49:48 pm »
I wrote the subject as single transistor oscillator, as I would like to try making one of those as a simple test, although similar rules might apply for other kinds of circuits that oscillate.
I'm wondering which surface works best or worst (and why).

By surface, I mean for example:

- Point to point / no surface needed
- Breadboard
- Protoboard
- Dead Bug style (with all virtual grounds soldered to copper of a PCB)
- Etched PCB (I'm putting this one last as I don't have the equipment for that, and ordering something for a quick test is not optimal, but it would still be good to know any advantages or disadvantages)

I'm not really targeting any really high frequencies (flashing a LED for example, or at most something in the audible range), and I'm not sure if/how much frequency dependent the optimal surface is.
If there aren't any general rules and this depends entirely on specific frequency targeted, as I don't have one yet (just a rough idea of the range as mentioned), it might be difficult to answer this question.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2017, 03:51:59 pm by kalel »

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: Single Transistor Oscilator soldering surface?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 12:11:27 pm »
It really doesn't matter at low frequencies.

Also please don't create multiple threads for the same project. It doesn't get you more help or better answers to your questions.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/newb-question-single-transistor-oscilator/msg1239686/#msg1239686

The following users thanked this post: kalel

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf