Author Topic: Special Price FOR EEVblog Members  (Read 566806 times)

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
Re: Special Price FOR EEVblog Members
« Reply #1775 on: January 25, 2017, 08:06:08 pm »
can I have the code please. I've been a long time lurker and always wanted an oscilloscope  ^-^
PM sent.

Please be aware that TEquipment is located in the US, and the shipping may actually make it more expensive than buying closer to home.

The following users thanked this post: DG41WV

Offline mrrrwhat

• Contributor
« Reply #1776 on: January 28, 2017, 03:44:42 pm »
May I please get a code, thanks.

Offline ZeTeX

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
  • When in doubt, add more flux.
« Reply #1777 on: January 28, 2017, 04:35:29 pm »
Can I please get the discount code? thanks  :)

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1778 on: January 28, 2017, 11:57:13 pm »
Can I please get the discount code? thanks  :)
PM sent.

Do note that TEquipment is located in the US, and the shipping charges will likely cause it to cost more than a more local source.

Offline mrrrwhat

• Contributor
« Reply #1779 on: January 30, 2017, 10:30:16 am »
Can the discount code use on promotions product?

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1780 on: January 30, 2017, 04:36:40 pm »
Can the discount code use on promotions product?
If you mean sale or clearance items, then Yes.

Do note however that they're in the US. And although they do ship internationally, it likely won't be cheaper than getting what you're after from a more local source.

Offline innkeeper

• Supporter
« Reply #1781 on: February 07, 2017, 08:53:58 pm »
Hi,
Could I have the discount code please.
Thanks
Hobbyist and a retired engineer and possibly a test equipment addict, though, searching for the equipment to test for that.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1782 on: February 07, 2017, 11:34:52 pm »
Hi,
Could I have the discount code please.
Thanks
PM sent.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1783 on: February 07, 2017, 11:38:51 pm »
FWIW, here's how it works:

-------------------------------------
Hi,

Please understand, we need to verify you're a genuine human & contributing to the forum first for a bit via posts (questions, answers, comments; it doesn't matter so long as it's not worthless fluff just to increase a post count for example). The verification isn't automated, so expect it to take some time.  :) It's also a means of urging new members to participate, as in the past, we had to manually purge over 17k dormant accounts of those that only signed up to get the code and were never heard from again.

The reason behind all of this, is the code was just changed recently to solve a breach of TEquipment's main rule, which is don't post it publicly (it was found on a coupon site). And since most members do have to watch their pennies, this is a very big deal to EEVBlog members as well as TEquipment (small margins on the type of stuff most hobbyists buy, so they aren't willing/able to lose 6% of it across the board). Self-policing to keep the code active in a nutshell.  ;)

All we ask, is please be patient and follow the participation requirement (don't be afraid to post as we don't allow the hostility/personal attacks you tend to see elsewhere), and someone will distribute the code to you in the very near future.  ;)

If you don't get it, re-submit a post requesting the code again after participating for a bit (we're human, and things do get buried/forgotten). If this does happen, please realize it's a mistake, not a snub (a new member =  :-+).   :-[

You're patience is appreciated.  :)

Offline innkeeper

• Supporter
« Reply #1784 on: February 08, 2017, 06:12:25 pm »
I've debated quite a bit about posting this, as i don't want to cause any issues with TEquipment doing something nice for the members.
i'm interested in hearing people's opinions actually, even if its privately.

I understand that there was an issue with the misuse of the code.
However i found out i am  not "human" enough to have the code.  |O

I guess i ahve to do a bunch of posts to be human... and frankly i usually don't have anything useful to say or ask, today being an obvious exception...
i tend to read posts or search a topic, and watch the videos, and am a typical hobbyist, working on various projects.

I'l be purchasing an mso costing over a grand with the options i want...huge purchase for me as an individual ... 
because of me being soured over being a  "non-human" it is unlikely i'll purchase though TEquipment which likely menas i'll spend a few bucks more on shipping
i know this isn't their fault, but its jsut the principle of it. i mean seriously....you have a discount code but I cant have it cause i'm not worthy .. but maybe in the future if i post enough..... what bs.

gimme me my time machine.. wait... let me search for my flux capacitor and my mr fusion so i can go back to the future and get the code and use it now when its useful.

i think there needs to be some better way of handling your verification of people.  i dunno. not sure i have the answers, but i don't believe i am alone.... the requirement of having a 2 year old member and someone who has been watching the eevblog videos longer then that have some minimum number of post as your only way to know if someone is real  is silly.

I will venture a guess there are many who enjoy reading listening and learning without posting.

Soapbox off.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 11:12:41 pm by innkeeper »
Hobbyist and a retired engineer and possibly a test equipment addict, though, searching for the equipment to test for that.

Offline aksg81

« Reply #1785 on: February 08, 2017, 10:44:00 pm »
Being a student. I would find this to be extremely useful in purchasing higher end equipment.  :-DMM

I think the same applies to faculty - I realise now that grants don't grow on trees!  :'(

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1786 on: February 09, 2017, 02:40:28 am »
I've debated quite a bit about posting this, as i don't want to cause any issues with TEquipment doing something nice for the members.
i'm interested in hearing people's opinions actually, even if its privately.

I understand that there was an issue with the misuse of the code.
However i found out i am  not "human" enough to have the code.  |O

I guess i ahve to do a bunch of posts to be human... and frankly i usually don't have anything useful to say or ask, today being an obvious exception...
i tend to read posts or search a topic, and watch the videos, and am a typical hobbyist, working on various projects.

I'l be purchasing an mso costing over a grand with the options i want...huge purchase for me as an individual ... 
because of me being soured over being a  "non-human" it is unlikely i'll purchase though TEquipment which likely menas i'll spend a few bucks more on shipping
i know this isn't their fault, but its jsut the principle of it. i mean seriously....you have a discount code but I cant have it cause i'm not worthy .. but maybe in the future if i post enough..... what bs.

gimme me my time machine.. wait... let me search for my flux capacitor and my mr fusion so i can go back to the future and get the code and use it now when its useful.

i think there needs to be some better way of handling your verification of people.  i dunno. not sure i have the answers, but i don't believe i am alone.... the requirement of having a 2 year old member and someone who has been watching the eevblog videos longer then that have some minimum number of post as your only way to know if someone is real  is silly.

I will venture a guess there are many who enjoy reading listening and learning without posting.

Soapbox off.
You not receiving the code had nothing to do with being human or not, but rather insufficient participation. As per reading, listening, ... you don't have to create an account for that.  ::)

Funny though, how much effort you put into whining about not getting instant gratification.  :--

Offline innkeeper

• Supporter
« Reply #1787 on: February 09, 2017, 03:29:58 am »
Trust me, I did get the original point. You obviously did not get mine. It had noting to do with instant gratification.
Though you could have chosen to helped me out before i did my purchase.
hope you feel good.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 04:05:09 am by innkeeper »

Offline Roicker

• Contributor
« Reply #1788 on: February 09, 2017, 09:12:14 pm »
Hello,

could I please get the discount code as well? I want to get a hakko soldering station,

Thanks!

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1789 on: February 11, 2017, 02:39:36 am »
Hello,

could I please get the discount code as well? I want to get a hakko soldering station,

Thanks!
PM sent.

Offline mitchty

• User info not found, replace user and try again.
« Reply #1790 on: February 17, 2017, 02:30:50 am »
Hi, I don't want to abuse anything but have reached that point in my learning that an oscilloscope is in the cards, and y'all seem to be a decent group of people so I'm game to make you my gear buying source.

Cheers either way!

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1791 on: February 17, 2017, 02:53:45 am »
Hi, I don't want to abuse anything but have reached that point in my learning that an oscilloscope is in the cards, and y'all seem to be a decent group of people so I'm game to make you my gear buying source.

Cheers either way!
PM sent.

Offline skylinrcr01

• Contributor
« Reply #1792 on: February 19, 2017, 04:32:30 am »
I would like a discount code please.

Elf

« Reply #1793 on: February 19, 2017, 07:05:39 pm »
I would like a discount code please.
PM sent

Offline ajm8127

• Contributor
« Reply #1794 on: March 05, 2017, 05:04:31 pm »
I am looking to buy a DS1054Z. May I please have the code?
-Tony

Elf

« Reply #1795 on: March 05, 2017, 11:38:59 pm »
I am looking to buy a DS1054Z. May I please have the code?
PM sent.

Offline jericho.ar

« Reply #1796 on: March 09, 2017, 01:41:56 am »
Hello! Looking to buy the Rigol DS1054Z? Is there still a discount code? If so, can you PM it to me pls? TIA!

Elf

« Reply #1797 on: March 09, 2017, 02:09:20 am »
Hello! Looking to buy the Rigol DS1054Z? Is there still a discount code? If so, can you PM it to me pls? TIA!
Hi jericho.ar, I am volunteering to help with the discount code.

Would you be able to provide more content to the forum first? For example, outlining a problem you might need assistance with, helping someone out with a detailed answer to a question, providing some knowledge you might have for an ongoing thread, etc.

For reference, see the policy below:
Please understand, we need to verify you're a genuine human & contributing to the forum first for a bit via posts (questions, answers, comments; it doesn't matter so long as it's not worthless fluff just to increase a post count for example). The verification isn't automated, so expect it to take some time.  :) It's also a means of urging new members to participate, as in the past, we had to manually purge over 17k dormant accounts of those that only signed up to get the code and were never heard from again.

The reason behind all of this, is the code was just changed recently to solve a breach of TEquipment's main rule, which is don't post it publicly (it was found on a coupon site). And since most members do have to watch their pennies, this is a very big deal to EEVBlog members as well as TEquipment (small margins on the type of stuff most hobbyists buy, so they aren't willing/able to lose 6% of it across the board). Self-policing to keep the code active in a nutshell.  ;)

All we ask, is please be patient and follow the participation requirement (don't be afraid to post as we don't allow the hostility/personal attacks you tend to see elsewhere), and someone will distribute the code to you in the very near future.  ;)

If you don't get it, re-submit a post requesting the code again after participating for a bit (we're human, and things do get buried/forgotten). If this does happen, please realize it's a mistake, not a snub (a new member =  :-+).   :-[

You're patience is appreciated.  :)

Offline jericho.ar

« Reply #1798 on: March 09, 2017, 02:21:55 am »
No worries! I can understand that. Thanks!

Offline piranha32

• Supporter
    • random ramblings of an engineer
« Reply #1799 on: March 17, 2017, 05:45:45 pm »
How long does it take to approve the request for a discount code? I sent yesterday a PM to Evan (to tequipment account), but I haven't heard back yet. Or should I post a request in this thread?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf