Author Topic: Special Price FOR EEVblog Members  (Read 563184 times)

Offline Yaksaredabomb

• Regular Contributor
Re: Special Price FOR EEVblog Members
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 03:32:51 pm »
...For now please pm me for the code....
Evan (tequipment) sent me the code this morning, good for a 6% discount.  He is allowing members to share the code, so you can ask me for it too if you'd like.

Also, it sounds like the update to their site is going to be substantial and pretty impressive compared to today's version.  I'm looking forward to hearing more about it (though I'll probably have to buy my scope before the update is live).

Edit:  Added quote.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 03:35:11 pm by jneumann »
My display name changed June 6th from "jneumann" to "Yaksaredabomb"

Online xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 05:34:18 pm »
Evan (tequipment) sent me the code this morning, good for a 6% discount.  He is allowing members to share the code, so you can ask me for it too if you'd like.

Yay! Now I can order my Rigol DM3058E!  :)
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline amiq

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2013, 04:11:00 pm »
Can anyone PM me the EEVblog discount code (Evan hasn't been on the forum for over 3 weeks and I'd like to place an order soon).

Offline alank2

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2013, 05:26:44 pm »
Just go to their site and do a chat (when they are open, probably Monday) and ask for a quote with the 6% eev discount.  They will then send you a quote you can click on to add the item too the cart with the discount...

Offline amiq

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2013, 05:33:15 pm »
Thanks Alan, I'll try that.

Offline Yaksaredabomb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2013, 05:36:00 pm »
Can anyone PM me the EEVblog discount code (Evan hasn't been on the forum for over 3 weeks and I'd like to place an order soon).
You have a pm.

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2013, 07:18:27 pm »
Their website is making me tear my hair out.

They want you to shop by brand, ok, but then show a lot of product, then click the pricing link and like 100 things have been discontinued.  Ok take it of your site then!

I guess I'm partial to the sortable list, sort by brand / price / etc.
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline ahnuts72

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2013, 07:22:10 pm »
Its not that bad
Pick your brand
Then category
Then series
Then model
Gives you the price on left under pic.

Your right about discontinued models though.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk 2

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2013, 07:28:15 pm »
Everything I've looked at so far has been discontinued. I'm getting tired of wasting my time.  |O Can they at least put "Discontinued" on the page where it shows you the models instead of you clicking the link, reading the specs, scrolling down and seeing it at the bottom. GRRRR! :rant:

I just want to say, show me your inexpensive scopes. I'm not looking for a specific brand or model right now.

EDIT: I just found one thing that wasn't discontinued, hooray!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 07:34:54 pm by Stonent »
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2013, 07:36:41 pm »
I have to agree. Their webpage is very annoying with all the discontinued items being listed they way they are. I appreciate the fact that they have an archive for reference but it sure does get frustrating loking for things only to find none of it is available.

Offline Yaksaredabomb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2013, 10:39:15 pm »
Everyone.  I just saw I had a pile of messages to reply to.  I gave access to my account so there will not be a delay again. 

In about 8 weeks I will have the ability to give you a login to the site with custom EEVBLOG pricing.  Once you login the pricing would be specific to eevblog tier. For now please pm me for the code.

Ive been working for 2+ years on a new system. More to come soon.
Thanks
Evan Cirelli
...For now please pm me for the code....

Also, it sounds like the update to their site is going to be substantial and pretty impressive compared to today's version.  I'm looking forward to hearing more about it (though I'll probably have to buy my scope before the update is live).

Edit:  Added quote.
So, yes their site is pretty bad right now.  Perhaps even "terrible".  But, they know this and have been working hard to change it.

Just "hang tight" and hopefully it will be as big of an improvement as it sounds like it will be (no pressure Evan et. al. :P).

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2013, 10:41:27 pm »
I have to agree. Their webpage is very annoying with all the discontinued items being listed they way they are. I appreciate the fact that they have an archive for reference but it sure does get frustrating loking for things only to find none of it is available.

Yep, I agree, that's my main gripe with the site every time I use it.

Offline Yaksaredabomb

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2013, 11:12:37 pm »
I'm hoping they'll be able to integrate their stock status throughout their new site, like Monoprice does.  For instance, as of this posting there are two items clearly out of stock here:
http://www.monoprice.com/Category?c_id=102&cp_id=10218

So it can be seen at a higher level like that.  Also, on the product page itself, right up near the price and very visible, it says "Backorder" with ETA of "7/19/2013".  The ETA is even in red text to make it stand out:
http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021811&p_id=6753&seq=1&format=2

There's even an option to notify when available.

That's probably my #1 annoyance with their site, that until you order the item or unless you call/chat/ask for a quote (who's estimate has even then been wrong a large percentage of the time for me) the stock status isn't clear.  Many modern sites have stock status integrated very visibly so it would be nice if TEquipment.net jumped on board with this site update.

Another annoyance is that there's not an apparent way to search or sort by performance characteristics, only by "Type" or by "Brand".  Newegg's "Power Search" is one of the most comprehensive examples I've seen.  If you're looking for a motherboard, for example, only filtering by "Type" or "Brand" would be completely inadequate if you don't already have one picked out.  With "Power Search" though you can filter by almost any characteristic you might want to (except PCB color - and that would just be silly):
http://www.newegg.com/Product/PowerSearch.aspx?N=100007627&IsNodeId=1&SubCategory=280&GASearch=3

Every time I've used their site I've already known exactly which product I want to buy ahead of time, though, so that hasn't been too big of a problem for me.  Besides, the new site will address searching by specs so that shouldn't be a problem much longer.

Offline Gecko

• Contributor
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2013, 12:00:03 am »
I'm about to order at tequipment and just saw that we EEVBlog Forum members get a discount  :-+
Can someone PM me the code.

Thanks in advance!
And special thanks to Tequipment for this great offer!!

Offline bonkura

« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2013, 03:42:05 pm »
I was also about to order a few items to get started and would love to have the code as well  :-DMM

Offline alank2

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2013, 05:16:15 pm »
Just go to their website and do a chat online and ask for the 6% eevblog discount.  They'll prepare a quote for you with it.

Offline BadAmp

« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2013, 12:35:48 am »
Can someone PM the code? Thanks!

Offline Co6aka

• Supporter
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »
Is the discount only for specific items/lines or is it general, and if someone would share the code with me that'd be greatly appreciated.  :-DMM
Co6aka says, "BARK! and you have no idea how humans will respond."

Offline kizzap

• Supporter
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2013, 03:52:00 am »
Do people not read? Two posts up alank2 has told you what to do...
<MatCat> The thing with aircraft is murphy loves to hang out with them
<Baljem> hey, you're the one who apparently pronounces FPGA 'fuhpugger'

Offline surfinbird72

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2013, 06:24:50 am »
Hi Folks, I'm new here and I'm considering buying a Rigol DS2072 for hobby purposes so I want to know if this discount still applies today?
If so, what are the steps to take to get it? Also, I'm assuming that tequipment.net provides worldwide shipment (specifically to Belgium/Europe)? Thanks for any help.

Offline Mochaboy

• Contributor
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2013, 06:25:17 pm »
About 2 months too late with the answer but for anyone that still cares, yes it is :)

Just open a chat and request the eevblog discount...

Can't wait for my 2072 to arrive!!!!

Offline JohnnyGringo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #46 on: October 30, 2013, 06:29:20 pm »
About 2 months too late with the answer but for anyone that still cares, yes it is :)

Just open a chat and request the eevblog discount...

Can't wait for my 2072 to arrive!!!!

Any update on the ETA of the 2072 (A?). Someone reported that they were not shipping any 2072 until the 2072A arrived. (Late November-2013)
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Offline sorin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2013, 01:37:19 am »
pls can anyone pm me the code?
thank you

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2013, 01:46:57 am »
There is no online code.  You can either shoot them an email for a quote, or live chat and they'll apply the discount instantly.

Offline alank2

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2013, 01:24:25 pm »
I think there is a code setup with them now, EEVBLOG6 unless it has been changed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf