Author Topic: Stunned by how good my new Uni-T UT210E is!  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Terry01Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Stunned by how good my new Uni-T UT210E is!
« on: September 08, 2018, 08:57:17 pm »
I was messing about at my bench last night and thought for a laugh i'd see just how far out from accurate my new 210E actually was.
What a total phekin clown I felt when it hung in with my 289 and 867s almost to the last digit! Unbelievable! I honestly double checked every measurement as I couldn't believe what I was seeing! It was accurate in every mode!
I dunno if I've scored a freak U210E that is super accurate or what or if they are all that good. If they are all that accurate I would highly highly recommend others to invest in one.
It is so small it feels like a toy. It sure sorts that out with you when you start using it for real!

If any other members who own 1 are able to give there's a quick check against something reliable could you please?
I feel others could be missing out on a bargain if the U210E's really are all that good.
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Offline JS

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Stunned by how good my new Uni-T UT210E is!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 09:03:52 pm »
Making a meter accurate is not the hard part, making it safe, reliable and stable is much harder and is where uni-t hasn't been great, I've heard it's doing better lately but I can't confirm on that.

JS

JS

If I don't know how it works, I prefer not to turn it on.

Offline bodger

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 10:54:58 pm »
I dunno if I've scored a freak U210E that is super accurate or what or if they are all that good.

It's not a freak meter, I've had mine for a few years now and I too was surprised at the accuracy. I brought it mainly to use the clamp meter to take DC current measurements on some 10W LEDs I was testing, but when I tested the voltage measurements it was surprisingly accurate, more accurate than my Extech EX330. Been a while since I looked at its internals, but if I recall correctly the build quality is superior to most UNI-T DMMs I've seen.

Offline lordvader88

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 11:35:31 pm »
Toys are nice

AAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH I was scammed out of a UNI-T61E by a too good to be true ebay scam. I think the only 1 time I went ahead and tried. Some of them I learned actually ship the odd product, and I complained and asked for my money back within hours and flagged it. But I haven't checked into how to get a refund. The seller was banned that night or next day.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2018, 09:03:43 am »
I dunno if I've scored a freak U210E that is super accurate or what or if they are all that good.

It's not a freak meter, I've had mine for a few years now and I too was surprised at the accuracy. I brought it mainly to use the clamp meter to take DC current measurements on some 10W LEDs I was testing, but when I tested the voltage measurements it was surprisingly accurate, more accurate than my Extech EX330. Been a while since I looked at its internals, but if I recall correctly the build quality is superior to most UNI-T DMMs I've seen.

Cool, that's good to know it's no freak.

I had a quick squiz inside mine when i got it and it is more than adequate for hobby stuff! I didn't take no photo's but there is plenty on youtube about them, pictures included!
I've had mine in the mains and i wasn't too worried at all. The protection is ok as far as i can make out. I'm no expert though, that's for sure!
I only paid £25 quids for mine so a real bargain! Was delivered in under a week i am sure! The first 1 i ordered was never delivered though ebay gave a refund no problems as soon as i complained. The next 1 i ordered i had no problems so for sure check feedback and stuff before you order.

I see lots of people on here asking for recommendations for a decent cheap meter. I will be recommending this meter now for sure! Even for the more experienced guys it's handy to have the clamp and for the accuracy you get in all the other modes 25 quids is hard to pass up!   :-+
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 09:05:42 am by Terry01 »

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2018, 11:03:30 am »
Isn't that the meter that Dave complained almost killed him?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Online tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2018, 11:09:58 am »
I don’t think so. The sparky one was an Extech, I think.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2018, 11:28:02 am »
Yes, you are right, I got that wrong  :palm:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2018, 02:19:06 pm »
Yes, you are right, I got that wrong  :palm:

He he! Claim it as a "senior moment",,, as long as it's your first 1 you should get away with it  :P

Seriously though,,, for 25 quids delivered you can't go wrong! Here's the link for the one i got that delivered in around a week for anyone who's interested.
The others are a bit hit and miss whether you get it delivered. I got bumped from the seller of the 1st one i ordered.  :palm:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UNI-T-UT210E-True-RMS-AC-DC-Current-LCD-Diaplay-Digital-Clamp-Meter-T9M5/112964943267?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2018, 10:41:22 pm »
No need to claim it as a senior moment, you already did it for me  :-DD

Your a bad influence on me, I have ordered one of these bad boys  :palm:, the ability to measure with reasonable accuracy DC current via the jaws is a real boon so I now I just have to wait for my new toy to arrive, thanks :-+
Who let Murphy in?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 10:15:59 am »
No need to claim it as a senior moment, you already did it for me  :-DD

Your a bad influence on me, I have ordered one of these bad boys  :palm:, the ability to measure with reasonable accuracy DC current via the jaws is a real boon so I now I just have to wait for my new toy to arrive, thanks :-+

Heehaw!  ;D

I think you'll be impressed when you try it out! Mines is super close to my bigger meters on every range and mode. It's uncanny!

I'll take the blame for leading you astray on this venture but it must be said,,,, "you really didn't take much coaxing"!  >:D
I'm sure you'll return the favour soon enough!  :-+

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 10:26:58 am »
If it's affordable and I can really see a use for for an item, i.e., it adds to my capabilities then no, I don't take much coaxing, but this I can see that it would be fairly easy to make a test loop on things I needed to monitor current on, better then connecting a meter in series and risk a bad connection screwing thing up. :-DMM
Who let Murphy in?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 08:40:39 pm »
If it's affordable and I can really see a use for for an item, i.e., it adds to my capabilities then no, I don't take much coaxing, but this I can see that it would be fairly easy to make a test loop on things I needed to monitor current on, better then connecting a meter in series and risk a bad connection screwing thing up. :-DMM

I've read also that the meter is quite easily hacked.
I don't know how or exactly what features are hackable but I think between the guys here and YouTube it won't be too hard to find out.
That's well beyond my capabilities though and I don't need any feature so much I need to hack any to get more from them. Would be a cool project though I think if you even semi know what your doing.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 08:48:31 pm »
Joe smith has modded ine to provide both a scope output and also to improve on its bandwidth

I've read also that the meter is quite easily hacked.
I don't know how or exactly what features are hackable but I think between the guys here and YouTube it won't be too hard to find out.
That's well beyond my capabilities though and I don't need any feature so much I need to hack any to get more from them. Would be a cool project though I think if you even semi know what your doing.
Who let Murphy in?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 11:04:59 pm »
That's the one!  :-+

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2018, 11:37:06 pm »
Someone replied to my post in the “what did you buy today thread” and said his company brought a load of them and that many of them had accuracy’s that out by as much as 20% from the true value. Oh well I’ll soon find out if mine is ok,it’s been dispatched already.
Who let Murphy in?

Offline hugo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2018, 11:57:35 pm »
Take a look at this thread ... you'll be stunned by how hackable it is:  ;)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/a-look-at-the-uni-t-ut210e/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf