Author Topic: Taobao Agents. Who would you suggest? Share your experiences.  (Read 12085 times)

Offline peter.mitchellTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Taobao Agents. Who would you suggest? Share your experiences.
« on: February 24, 2014, 12:11:29 am »
I'm looking to get some stuff from taobao I can't    find anywhere else. The easiest way is to use an agent supposedly.  Who would you suggest or warn against.

Welcome to share your experiences too.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
Re: Taobao Agents. Who would you suggest? Share your experiences.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 01:20:32 am »
I'm looking to get some stuff from taobao I can't    find anywhere else. The easiest way is to use an agent supposedly.  Who would you suggest or warn against.

Currently I use Bhiner

I've done about 10 orders with them over the last year or so.

Like all the agents, they have their ups and downs.  But eventually they get the job done.  Their english isn't bad.  Shipping may be a little more expensive (and they don't offer the real cheap shipping).  They do tend to take their time with packing everything sometimes.  The cart system is the best (least buggy) of all the agents especially when dealing with small components (sub 1CNY a piece) or items where you might need to buy multiples of the same item with different options (most other carts fall down at that). 

They take photos of items as they arrive (but.... of course they have no idea what they are looking at and for small components especially you just have to cross your fingers that the vendor sent the right stuff, eh, that's taobao for you), and they take a photo of the complete package on the scales before it leaves.

They do take paypal - at a surcharge (they used to take paypal personal payments without surcharge but stopped that a couple months back :-( )

Occasionally it's necessary to email them rather than use the in-house messaging system, you tend to get somebody with better english comprehension (or somebody who just cares more) there.

One of the best places for info about Taobao agents is... 4chan. I know.  4chan.  The "cgl" board has a lot of taobao information in it because that's where those cosplay peoples get all their stuff apparently.  They call agents "shopping services" or "SS".
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline peter.mitchellTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 06:53:07 am »
Thanks for your suggestion,  I hadn't seen that name in any of my search results so I will look into them.

I have previously used taobao semi- directly,  with a friend of mine living in china as an intermediary. I have also used it through an agent,  that was maybe 7 or so years ago,  before my friend suggest he do it.  I feel it would be inappropriate to have a friend take care of an order of the size I plan to make,  hence the need for a new agent.

Also,  4chan is a lot like taobao,  a lot of rubbish to sort through but sometimes you find gold.

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 10:19:46 am »
I recommend you RORBUY.
They have a huge collection.  Join
them and let them play a part in your
international shopping
experience!for more please visit..

taobao
English

Nice recomendation with only 1 post on your account

Are you sure you are impartial here  ;)

/Bingo

Offline iloveelectronics

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 11:29:43 am »

If it's not a lot of stuff and you're not in a particular rush I might be able to help.
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline nukie

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 12:35:25 pm »
Bhiner is good I use Bhiner a few times a month. Most of them prefer EMS the most expensive airmail but it includes tracking, signature and express. Bhiner communicate with fluent English but they don't update you unless you ask, so drop them a message or two once a while.

I used to go with another company but one day, I requested a purchase with options and stuff it got complicated and they couldn't handle it, finally they claimed that the items I wanted is a restricted item for export, i almost wanted to mail them a middle finger figurine to them.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 12:37:11 pm by nukie »

Offline torr032

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 01:05:51 am »
I used to use alsotao.com but I see they are down now. They were pretty good though and cheap while they lasted.

Which one now would be the cheapest but reliable and accept paypal? Bhiner shipping is too expensive.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2014, 03:53:11 am »
I used to use alsotao.com but I see they are down now. They were pretty good though and cheap while they lasted.

Which one now would be the cheapest but reliable and accept paypal? Bhiner shipping is too expensive.

I use Bhiner all the time, they MIGHT be a little more expensive, but especially over the last 6 months they have really good speed and service, they use express domestic freight to get the stuff to them in almost all cases, and have been packaging up items for international shipping really quickly lately.

Example, my most recent order last week, I paid the international shipping on Monday night, it arrived in the country Thursday, and it was on my doorstep in New Zealand by courier on Friday afternoon, 4 days door to door China to NZ, at any time of year that would be fast, at THIS time of year it was astounding.  Sent using their new "Bhiner Express" shipping the weight including packaging was 2.664kg, the international shipping was 44.10 USD, and for me it came via EMS.  Pretty good deal if you ask me.

Combine that a shopping cart that actually works mostly properly, photos taken when items get to the warehouse, and they can read and write somewhat sensible english... any small increase in cost is well worth it in my opinion.

Of course, if you want stuff sent by the slow-boat-from-china, they don't offer that, but typically in those cases Aliexpress is the better choice anyway.

~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline torr032

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2014, 03:22:21 pm »
Please don't recommend Bhiner anymore.

These people are not normal, they ask 1680 USD to ship to my country using their bhiner express. The other options are 40-50 USD for 1 Kg!!!!!!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 03:24:49 pm by torr032 »

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2014, 03:17:38 am »
Please don't recommend Bhiner anymore.

"A company can't ship to my war torn country with recent major political instability protests and rioting by a specific and new shipping method for cheap while they offer other shipping methods that are reasonable price (DHL to Bosnia for 3kg = 85.86), nobody should ever use this company."

~~~

Offline Falcon69

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2014, 06:25:43 pm »
does Taobao have an english site?  www.taobao.com is all, i don't know, i can't read it.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2014, 11:33:57 pm »
does Taobao have an english site?  www.taobao.com is all, i don't know, i can't read it.

No taobao is chinese language only.

Taobao is part of alibaba group, aliexpress.com is more or less the english equivalent, I see more and more taobao.com vendors opening up on aliexpress.com.

~~~

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2016, 07:56:36 am »
Old thread.  I no longer use Bhiner, due to major data loss and general rubbish direction they headed in last year after eventually coming back online etc...  I switched to SpreeNow about a year ago.

They are OK, their cart usually works properly if slowly sometimes, they do communicate and have decent english, they don't take any photos but touch-wood they haven't messed up any order so far (have placed 10 or 12 orders with them over the last year or so), and they accept paypal.
~~~

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf