Author Topic: TEquipment Now Shipping To Australia.  (Read 951 times)

Offline Muttley SnickersTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
TEquipment Now Shipping To Australia.
« on: October 17, 2018, 12:15:15 pm »
I was just reading another thread which included a link to the TEquipment site and was confronted with a banner which stated they are now openly willing to ship products to Australia, this was the first time I had seen this banner which is pictured below and what’s more they are now also showing prices in AUD which I had not seen before so this will be handy for price comparisons. I’m not sure how the local distributors feel about this announcement as it may act to undermine some of their monopoly style pricing structures as some products could in fact work out cheaper to import from overseas.

Anyway, people having equipment or grey imports shipped in from overseas may risk not having local distributor support or a manufacturers warranty and a reminder that shipping something back to overseas would not be practical due to postage costs so this should also be a consideration with any such purchase. I made a quick price comparison between a couple of products such as the Rigol DS-1054Z and it works out cheaper to purchase one here in Australia through Emona Instruments and this would obviously include a warranty, some other products such as an imported Fluke 117 for example would not have a local warranty but might be worth the risk for those keen to save a few bucks as these are rather pricey down here.

TEquipment
https://www.tequipment.net/   

Emona Instruments.
https://www.emona.com.au/

Offline Gromitt

• Regular Contributor
Re: TEquipment Now Shipping To Australia.
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 02:03:31 pm »
They are shipping to Sweden to, and the Rigol DS1054Z works out to be considerable cheaper locally.
Best to check around locally first if you want to buy something from TE (or from anywhere for that matter).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf