Author Topic: The Art of Electronics 3rd edition finished writing and copy-editing  (Read 95003 times)

Offline Rory

• Frequent Contributor
Re: The Art of Electronics 3rd edition finished writing and copy-editing
« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2015, 10:38:36 pm »
$79.17 from SuperBookDeals via Amazon.com

Offline Tallie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2015, 06:23:53 pm »
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SELLER!!!! I placed an order on the 12th at a price of $77 + S&H. Today, I received a notice that my order has been canceled due to the book being "out of stock". Upon visiting their seller store today, I see that the book is still listed as in stock, but the price has gone up $20. Very unscrupulous seller -- unwilling to honor a sale having already taken my money.

Offline Rory

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2015, 07:32:12 pm »
DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SELLER!!!! I placed an order on the 12th at a price of $77 + S&H. Today, I received a notice that my order has been canceled due to the book being "out of stock". Upon visiting their seller store today, I see that the book is still listed as in stock, but the price has gone up $20. Very unscrupulous seller -- unwilling to honor a sale having already taken my money.
I received a confirmation from Amazon that my copy was shipped on the 9th. Warning sign though of no package tracking info available, with package delivery between 15 and 30 April.  I'll let you know if I receive the book.

Best to leave negative feedback with Amazon if you already haven't done so. Just be specific in your complaint.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2015, 07:35:07 pm »
My AoE 3 arrived yesterday from Amazon. Packing was nothing special....a box slightly bigger than the book and some crushed thick packing paper on top of it. Little edge damage though.

No chance to read any of it yet but it is certainly quite a tome !

Still awaiting delivery of my used copy of AoE 2 to compare with it.

Glad to have got a copy of this book as, if it lives up to its reputation on this forum, it will be very useful in the years ahead.

Aurora
UK
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Tallie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2015, 08:01:17 pm »
I received a confirmation from Amazon that my copy was shipped on the 9th. Warning sign though of no package tracking info available, with package delivery between 15 and 30 April.  I'll let you know if I receive the book.

Best to leave negative feedback with Amazon if you already haven't done so. Just be specific in your complaint.
I will be leaving negative feedback for sure. I also chatted with Amazon and they're gonna sell me a copy for the same price. Amazon CS is second to none IMO.

Offline Rory

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2015, 08:06:24 pm »

I will be leaving negative feedback for sure. I also chatted with Amazon and they're gonna sell me a copy for the same price. Amazon CS is second to none IMO.
Glad to know you got some satisfaction out of the deal.  Why people have to make life so unnecessarily complicated, I will never really understand.

Offline Rory

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #131 on: May 05, 2015, 12:35:45 pm »
Mine came last week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ozwolf

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #132 on: May 05, 2015, 01:35:15 pm »
Mine arrived last week, and became my birthday present!

Wow, so much to read....

Ozwolf
I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Offline Sigmoid

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #133 on: May 05, 2015, 02:13:48 pm »

I got mine from them. It took 3 weeks for it to arrive, and they packaged it in a really flimsy way, so the cover got beat up. I left negative feedback, but overall I got this great book at a significant discount; and I heard that Amazon's own packaging was also below standards for many people.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 02:23:38 pm by Sigmoid »

Offline bingo600

• Super Contributor
« Reply #134 on: May 05, 2015, 08:34:26 pm »
I just got my copy from Amazon UK - £55 incl shipping to DK

/Bingo

Offline Blofeld

• Regular Contributor
  • Diamonds Are Forever
« Reply #135 on: May 06, 2015, 06:49:46 am »
It would be interesting to know if anybody who got his copy recently, already received the 2nd printing.

It should be indicated on the copyright page (one of the first pages of the book). Or you could look at page 37, figure 1.78. In the 1st printing it has a very obvious error with two diodes in parallel (the text makes it clear that the intention is to have them anti-parallel). This should certainly be fixed in the 2nd printing. And other errors too, here is the errata list:

http://artofelectronics.net/errata/
My site www.wisewarthog.com and my Youtube channel (in progress). Links and reviews of books and free stuff.

Offline Fraser

• Super Contributor
« Reply #136 on: May 06, 2015, 12:06:23 pm »
Yowser ! Lots of errors in the published version  :o

I thought these things were proof read many times to avoid such.
I expect too much me thinks  ;D

Thanks for bringing my attention to the errata page  :-+

Aurora
If I have helped you please consider a donation : https://gofund.me/c86b0a2c

Offline Sigmoid

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #137 on: May 06, 2015, 08:16:34 pm »
Yowser ! Lots of errors in the published version  :o

That's not a lot. That's surprisingly few for the first print of a >1000 page technical textbook.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf