Author Topic: Snake oil  (Read 786064 times)

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
Re: Snake oil
« Reply #425 on: September 14, 2014, 03:37:28 pm »
The engine runs on the Petrol/gas that floats on top of the banana custard or whatever is in the glass jar the rso called reactor just ensures that any liquid drawn in is vaporised as the petrol/gas runs low in the jar. The engine will run (just) but you wont be able to drive much with it. :-DD

Offline janoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #426 on: September 15, 2014, 10:44:05 pm »
If you think you knew everything about frequency measurement techniques,  watch this and learn how to operate a Radionics frequency counter and get some goodies along the way

And yes, inside this $1 Chinese wooden box frequency counter there is a special circuit designed by a master Radionics technician (MRT ?). Apparently because of this reason it does not require a battery.

Wow! I am sure all witches are getting unionized now because this thing is going to put them out of business.

Seriously :wtf:

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #427 on: October 14, 2014, 03:04:53 pm »
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #428 on: October 15, 2014, 02:01:39 pm »
If you think you knew everything about frequency measurement techniques,  watch this and learn how to operate a Radionics frequency counter and get some goodies along the way

And yes, inside this $1 Chinese wooden box frequency counter there is a special circuit designed by a master Radionics technician (MRT ?). Apparently because of this reason it does not require a battery.
Comments are disabled for this video.
I wonder why...
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline Refrigerator

• Super Contributor
« Reply #429 on: October 29, 2014, 06:46:07 pm »
If only there was a way to harvest human stupidity...... :palm:
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

Offline Artlav

• Frequent Contributor
    • Orbital Designs
« Reply #430 on: October 29, 2014, 07:56:07 pm »
If only there was a way to harvest human stupidity...... :palm:
Perhaps that's why aliens would invade the Earth one day. :)

http://www.collectedcurios.com/sequentialart.php)

The following users thanked this post: BrianHG

Offline blackice504

• Contributor
    • Storm Cell Systems
« Reply #431 on: November 02, 2014, 08:44:38 am »
This guy is not exactly selling anything but he is pedaling some grade a bullshit, i tried to explain but it did not want to understand or just does not care, you may see my comments on youtube if there still there.

Anyway to the point he is trying to convince people that using some space from your SD card as ram in your phone by using it as a SWAP drive, he seems to believe that SWAP is RAM, but anyway here is the link and be ready for the shits and giggles.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GBd6LT55vr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

;D

I love how he defends him self, by the classic ID10T line My views say he is correct  :-DD .
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:49:42 am by blackice504 »

Offline RLBennett

• Contributor
« Reply #432 on: November 06, 2014, 04:13:02 pm »
Don't know about you guys, I built a Tesla coil for a science fair when I was eigth grade. Was only 4 feet tall and driven with a 30kv neon transformer. Lots of ozone and audible noise along with RF noise. Can you imagine if Tesla had actually got his "wireless" electrity working? It would have made radio telecomm totally useless by wiping out the RF spectrum probably up into the SHF region. I had a similar RFI issue from an FM radio station with some improperly bonded lightning drains at the top of the tower. From 5 miles away, the RFI wiped out channel 5 and 12. People that lived within a mile or closer got so much RFI, their landline (hard-wired) phones were made useless, not to mention their radio and TV reception. Took me three months to find the source and another month to convince the FCC the RFI was real and where it was emmitted. Another month or so for the station engineer to admit the problem and get it fixed. The RFI occured intermittantly, some days it was absent and other days just blanking everything from DC to over 600 MHz. The same thing would have hapened with a Tesla wireless electricy transmission system. Guess thats why the FCC does not "certify" spark-gap transmitters?
Now, if I could figure out how to harness the energy from lightning! Kites, wire and lotsa capacitors? Maybe I can get my ex-wife to try it. :)

Offline AndersAnd

• Frequent Contributor
Re: The snake oil thread...
« Reply #433 on: November 06, 2014, 05:07:58 pm »
Not exactly tech/engineering related, but fits the snake oil thread perfectly:

...it's painful...

Offline RLBennett

• Contributor
« Reply #434 on: November 07, 2014, 01:45:12 am »
Damn! I thought string theory was tin cans and a peice of string! E=C2? Ummm yea...

Offline MFX

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #435 on: November 09, 2014, 10:49:36 pm »

Offline TheBay

• Supporter
« Reply #436 on: November 17, 2014, 04:56:12 pm »
FFS!

http://www.gdstechnologies.ca/

OH MY! Not only is the video shocking, he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about and cannot do a presentation.

One battery is connected directly to an Inverter, the other one is running a motor! The wires are jammed on the one battery, the whole thing looks like it's been thrown together, this is such a SCAM it needs to be reported. The water part is doing NOTHING! It's getting power from an inverter being fed from a battery!

The rear fan is a Bit Fenix PC FAN! It's just crap chucked together, not even IP Rated sockets, back boxes nothing LOL

http://pesn.com/2014/10/27/9602557_GDS-Technologies_not-ready-to-go-yet/2014-10-27_time_07_42_58-MDT_call-to_Greg-Potter.mp3
« Last Edit: November 17, 2014, 05:00:11 pm by TheBay »

Offline cloudscapes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #437 on: November 20, 2014, 09:48:33 pm »
They're not even trying to hide the batteries. I find that immediately suspicious.

Offline Noise Floor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #438 on: November 22, 2014, 04:13:38 pm »
Why are they calling it "portable water generators", that makes it sound to me like it generates water, not power.   :-//

Offline blackice504

• Contributor
    • Storm Cell Systems
« Reply #439 on: November 29, 2014, 02:33:32 pm »
FFS!

http://www.gdstechnologies.ca/

OH MY! Not only is the video shocking, he hasn't got a clue what he's talking about and cannot do a presentation.

One battery is connected directly to an Inverter, the other one is running a motor! The wires are jammed on the one battery, the whole thing looks like it's been thrown together, this is such a SCAM it needs to be reported. The water part is doing NOTHING! It's getting power from an inverter being fed from a battery!

The rear fan is a Bit Fenix PC FAN! It's just crap chucked together, not even IP Rated sockets, back boxes nothing LOL

http://pesn.com/2014/10/27/9602557_GDS-Technologies_not-ready-to-go-yet/2014-10-27_time_07_42_58-MDT_call-to_Greg-Potter.mp3

That was cool and funny but did you notice as well at 0.36 the safety switch is um glued on..........Its Safe..........maybe

Then at 0.56 take a close look at the way that panel is fitted into the sheet metal um i have actually cut better then that with the limited tools i have ffs.
Clearly they just eyed it when cutting the hole for that panel if people buy this, i will lose faith in humanity.

nice find.

Offline nkw

• Contributor
« Reply #440 on: December 11, 2014, 08:47:53 pm »
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but just ran across this on Amazon:

http://amzn.com/B00DNIIETK

It feels like a joint venture of the Monster cable people and homeopathy. I can't decide if the reviews are sad or funny.

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
« Reply #441 on: December 11, 2014, 09:22:53 pm »
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but just ran across this on Amazon:
http://amzn.com/B00DNIIETK
It feels like a joint venture of the Monster cable people and homeopathy. I can't decide if the reviews are sad or funny.
For $50 it should really remove some EMF from buyer's pocket.
A scam, but not a new scam - devices similar to these were sold multiple times before (for example, add on small caps for car battery).

Hopefully, device is only plastic case with 3 pins unconnected. If it has something inside, I would be really worried about safety (smoke/heat/fire/short circuit/flashover/wasted socket).
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:26:23 pm by electr_peter »

Offline Whales

• Super Contributor
    • Halestrom
« Reply #442 on: December 13, 2014, 02:45:31 am »
This does have a legit use if your old radios or TVs are getting poor reception, assuming it has a line filter inside it.  It costs a lot for that however.

Online amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #443 on: December 13, 2014, 03:10:16 am »
From the review it looks like they took a standard plug and filled it with epoxy.

Offline m4rv

« Reply #444 on: January 05, 2015, 08:31:58 pm »
For anyone who really loves their audio, and hates their bank balance:
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id=1564

Yep... that's a UK mains plug to 16Amp IEC, 1 metre long, for a mere £5500 which will, of course, make all your music sound....... EXACTLY THE F*@#ING SAME!

They even offer a "burn in" service!  :-DD

Also:
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id=2436
and:
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id=0029

and pretty much anything else from this website.

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #445 on: January 05, 2015, 08:46:55 pm »
Are the big lumps of wood to make it more effective when you are beating yourself with it after realising you have just been had...
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline janekm

• Supporter
« Reply #446 on: January 09, 2015, 06:07:21 am »
For anyone who really loves their audio, and hates their bank balance:
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id=1564

Yep... that's a UK mains plug to 16Amp IEC, 1 metre long, for a mere £5500 which will, of course, make all your music sound....... EXACTLY THE F*@#ING SAME!

They even offer a "burn in" service!  :-DD

Also:
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id=2436
and:
http://www.russandrews.com/product.asp?lookup=1&region=UK&currency=GBP&pf_id=0029

and pretty much anything else from this website.

Well, to be fair, they have demonstrated that those cables can reject conducted noise reasonably well: http://www.russandrews.com/downloads/SKtest.pdf

Though in that same report they quite rightly point out: "Similarly, the graphs do not prove that the rejection measured in the lab has a perceptible (ie audible) effect when the cables are used in a Hi-Fi or Home Cinema System."

I could think of some cheaper means of rejecting conducted noise in a power cable though ;)

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #447 on: January 09, 2015, 06:13:51 am »
I could think of some cheaper means of rejecting conducted noise in a power cable though ;)
If conducted noise is your concern, then don't listen to classical or romantic orchestras. Stick to baroque, where there is no conductor, and the orchestra is lead from the keyboard.  ;)

Offline PTR_1275

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #448 on: January 11, 2015, 02:39:31 am »
I'm glad that the gds water generator has been mentioned. Did anyone else notice in the video that the ammeter doesn't increase when he turns the vacuum cleaner on?

He also spends far too much time describing the features of things like the wheels and power outlets.

I overthought the process and thought he might be using the battery to split the water, then the generator is running off the produced hydrogen. While it wouldn't be perpetual because the water might be the energy source, I don't know how much energy is lost in producing hydrogen from water and then burning it. I did find somewhere that he said the water was burnt as is and wasn't split into hydrogen.

Offline devanno

• Regular Contributor
  • Old newbie
« Reply #449 on: January 11, 2015, 07:23:21 am »
I'm glad that the gds water generator has been mentioned. Did anyone else notice in the video that the ammeter doesn't increase when he turns the vacuum cleaner on?

He also spends far too much time describing the features of things like the wheels and power outlets.

I overthought the process and thought he might be using the battery to split the water, then the generator is running off the produced hydrogen. While it wouldn't be perpetual because the water might be the energy source, I don't know how much energy is lost in producing hydrogen from water and then burning it. I did find somewhere that he said the water was burnt as is and wasn't split into hydrogen.

This was sooo bad, I thought it was done as a farce.  I still do.

Of course, the classic "fun" goofy video is the Turboencabulator.. my favorite of this is this version   Be sure to watch to the point where the guy gets into the diagnosis part.   :-DD
Free Electrons - Just one, please.

The following users thanked this post: BrianHG, mpgmike

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf