Author Topic: Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes charged with $700m fraud  (Read 7256 times)

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
Re: Theranos founder Elizabeth Holmes charged with $700m fraud
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2018, 10:03:11 pm »
Next in the queue: Meredith Perry.

They've been very quiet lately. Must be all heads down gearing up for mass production, they have been for years even though they don't have anything to produce. :horse:
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

Offline BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2018, 10:22:09 pm »
Why don't you post a pic of yourself so we can all have a good laugh at your facial features.
Classy insults can be reserved for classy people, 1.4 Billion dollar fraudsters not so much.
The problem with that is it isn't your choice to make. Classy insults typically are made by classy people. That's why they are classy. Just holding someone's features up for ridicule is neither a classy insult or the sort of thing classy people do.

Criticising a "1.4 billion dollar fraudster" should be easily done without needing to resort to personal attacks.
It appears her unusual eyes are just on the cover photo in Forbes magazine.  Seeing additional live video of her, her eyes look fine.
They must have photoshopped that image as if it were a cover on a latest fashion magazine, but, took it way too far.
I should have realized that the image was manipulated.  This stupid image editing on photos has got to stop, but, unfortunately most likely wont.

Offline Dubbie

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2018, 10:32:10 pm »
Next in the queue: Meredith Perry.

They've been very quiet lately. Must be all heads down gearing up for mass production, they have been for years even though they don't have anything to produce. :horse:

I don't know if Meredith is really in the same boat here. While she does have an extremely misguided faith in her "invention" I don't know that her subsequent activities have ever reached the point where you would call them fraud. Her enthusiasm at painting pictures of where her technology will go is just the same as any startup really.

If she was showing investors a phone that was supposedly charging wirelessly while actually concealing a cable in her sleeve, that would be fraud and more akin to what Elizabeth was guilty of.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Homer J SimpsonTopic starter

• Super Contributor

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2018, 11:09:45 am »
does her name make anyone else laugh/.
Not quite, but her eyes freak me out.  Sorta like a freaky partial 50% the way to a Japanese drawn animated character with huge wide open round eyes.
I always found her kinda weird looking — but it could be just the choice of bad hair and her ridiculous “I’m imitating Steve Jobs” attire.

Offline drussell

• Super Contributor
  • Hardcore Geek
Re: Theranos patent
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2020, 11:25:21 am »
A remnant piece of Theranos, picked up by a patent troll...

Offline unknownparticle

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2020, 03:54:08 pm »
Simple phrase to remember when seeing some incredible 'new' tech with phenominal claims when you are not an expert in the field, or maybe even if you are, the less you know the more you believe.
DC coupling is the devils work!!

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf