Author Topic: Tube Factory sell off  (Read 6701 times)

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
Re: Tube Factory sell off
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2018, 01:28:17 am »
calexanian, this guy should be informed of the sale:
  http://lampes-et-tubes.info/index-e.htm

Has an amazing and awesome collection of  3,850+ lamps and vacuum tubes.

That 'dual octal' CRT tube reminded me of him.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline niladherbert

• Contributor
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2018, 11:42:24 am »
Amazing stuff, sad to see it all shut down, but there are people at home making vacuum tubes, and who knows, maybe someday we will get a Dirtypcbs equivalent for vacuum tubes in China once the surplus supply runs out.
Heres a guy making triodes: https://simplifier.neocities.org/portable.html

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2018, 02:29:05 am »
Amazing stuff, sad to see it all shut down, but there are people at home making vacuum tubes, and who knows, maybe someday we will get a Dirtypcbs equivalent for vacuum tubes in China once the surplus supply runs out.
Heres a guy making triodes: https://simplifier.neocities.org/portable.html

Audio tubes are still in mass production. It would be cool if they ran small batches of other tubes as well.
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline calexanianTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2018, 06:13:56 pm »
I have duplicate equipment and materials myself and can make tubes but there as of yet has been no real market for them. The imports are too hard to compete with due to price. 
Charles Alexanian
Alex-Tronix Control Systems

Offline Tandy

• Frequent Contributor
  • Darren Grant from Tandy, UK.
    • Tandy
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2018, 06:54:11 pm »
Shame it is all being broken up, it would cost a fortune to ship all the equipment to the UK otherwise I would have been interested.
For more info on Tandy try these links Tandy History EEVBlog Thread & Official Tandy Website

Offline CopperCone

• Super Contributor
  • *knock knock*
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2018, 01:15:23 am »
can you make krytrons for circuit protection?

Expensive for some reason, despite being a cheap tube to manufacture. Like 500$ on ebay.

I would like to experiment with them if I could get em for like 30$ each

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 05:11:38 am »
Krytrons are still illegal for export from the US. Also the keep alive electrode in them sometimes has some pretty nasty stuff.
Charles Alexanian

Offline niladherbert

• Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2018, 01:46:38 pm »
I have duplicate equipment and materials myself and can make tubes but there as of yet has been no real market for them. The imports are too hard to compete with due to price. 

Do you have the ability to make oscilloscope crts? Cause that would be quite cool and will be necessary when the ones on ebay dry up

• Super Contributor
    • Alex-Tronix
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2018, 05:14:44 am »
I have been thinking about making a small generic CRT. Vacuum Tube Products, which was the forerunner to M.U. INC made various CRT's and much of the materials to make them are on hand, accept bulbs. I would need to figure out something for that. It would not however be practical to make specific replacement parts for old scopes. There are still several good CRT manufacturers and rebuilders out there and if those experienced businesses can't provide them at a reasonable price, then it is probably not practical. Simple things for demonstration or experimentation may be a different story.

I am currently talking too two separate parties who I have dubbed as having a chance and the right attitude and understanding to possibly do something who wish to purchase equipment and materials to potentially do something. One group is more in the audio/pro recording space and the other in the antique radio/RF space. Also I have my own endeavors. There is still enough equipment for yet another company or two.   
Charles Alexanian

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf