Author Topic: Twenty passengers on missing flight 370 worked for Freescale Semiconductors  (Read 177629 times)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Twenty passengers on missing flight 370 worked for Freescale Semiconductors
« Reply #550 on: October 06, 2014, 07:58:44 am »
So who's paying for all this searching I wonder?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #552 on: October 06, 2014, 08:43:57 am »

Hollywood?   :-X :-X :-X

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #553 on: October 06, 2014, 09:19:43 am »
Bizarrely I suspect that may learn a lot more than expected, some of these areas of ocean floor have never been mapped.
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Online Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #554 on: October 06, 2014, 02:17:58 pm »
Oh, right, MH370.  what happened again?  ;D
That is exactly what everyone wants to find out. There was an interview recently with an expert who doubts if the flightrecorders will have more info since the cockpitvoicerecorder has such a relatively short loop that the long flight to where everybody now thinks the plane is will be longer then the loop. So if oxygen depreviation was the cause there will only be static on it  :(  If there was a fight between the cpt and copilot it will also be overwritten.
Anyway what I recall his conclusion was based on everything we now know that it was human intent to obfuscate the plane, if it was the pilot/ copilot or a third person that managed to invade the cockpit is unknown.

Offline eneuro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #555 on: October 06, 2014, 04:03:14 pm »
Did they searched Diego Garcia Island?
gmaps: Diego Garcia Island at the middle of Indian Ocean

UK & US government was able steal whole nation to build his military bases there  :o

Do you see any problem to hide truth about less than 300 passengers from MH370?  ???
12oV4dWZCAia7vXBzQzBF9wAt1U3JWZkpk
“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”  - Nikola Tesla
-||-|-

Online SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #556 on: October 06, 2014, 04:37:07 pm »
12 days at sea is probably dictated more by water and food issues, along probably with needing consumables for the search equipment, as the ship bunkers will more than likely last at least a month. You could send that by a dedicated supply ship but going to a port where the crew can have a day off probably works out cheaper.

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #557 on: October 06, 2014, 04:47:56 pm »
I know the ACARS was not reporting actual data (just pinging) but the computer that records the service information would still have been working. I guess after this amount of time the data would be in a very sorry state. It could be very good evidence for a fire or really anything else.

I guess the system would be backed up on a regular basis during regular service operations. If so then certainly that information has been examined.

Certainly is an interesting event.

Online SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #558 on: October 06, 2014, 05:14:31 pm »
They probably want to see if they can find evidence of fire in the cargo hold, and if there is damage to wiring looms consistent with that, or if there was another fault that shows up otherwise. Even after this time there will be fire evidence, at least in the cabling where you will have plastic char still visible. Organics will be long gone, along with a lot of the lighter metals by now. Larger castings might still be close to recognisable.

Offline stitch

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #559 on: October 06, 2014, 05:26:57 pm »

You are.   Mostly.

Online Kjelt

• Super Contributor
So the search is ended and today there is news leaked from the Malaysian police that makes it look like another German Wings incident where the pilot was the root cause.

The FBI has found on the computer of the pilot six deleted Flightsimulator simulations.
In those simulations the plane follows in the beginning exactly the path the mh370 took, it then deviates till the fuel ran out and then crashes in the indian ocean.
They don,t call it hard evidence, personally I think the chance that this is a coincidence is too small.
It shows to me that pilots should be better psychologically evaluated, tested and get more R&R between flights. Whats next? A suicidal warplane pilot?  :(

Maleisië heeft de Amerikaanse federale recherche FBI de harddrives gegeven die Zaharie gebruikte om zijn simulatiepraktijken op te zetten. De FBI ontdekte zes data-eenheden van het programma Microsoft Flight Simulator X, die waren gedeletet. Die datagegevens brachten de virtuele crashpogingen in beeld.

De data laten zien dat Shah een vlucht nabootste die vertrok vanuit Kuala Lumpur, vervolgens over de Straat Malakka vliegt, dan links naar de Indische Oceaan draait en doorvliegt tot de brandstof is verbruikt. Onderzoekers zien overeenkomsten, hoewel de werkelijke route voor zover die kon worden getraceerd, op een bepaald moment afweek van de simulatie. Er waren al enige tijd geruchten dat de FBI dergelijke gegevens had, aldus New York Magazine.

De piloot was al geruime tijd verdachte, maar hard bewijs ontbrak. Ook nu is het nog niet zo dat de oorzaak van de ramp officieel is bewezen. Zijn zus ontkent met klem dat Shah in staat was om het vliegtuig opzettelijk te laten crashen. 'Ik ken mijn broer', zei ze eerder tegen de BBC. 'Hij zou nooit zo'n afschuwelijke misdaad plegen. Zo zit hij niet in elkaar.'

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
So the search is ended and today there is news leaked from the Malaysian police that makes it look like another German Wings incident where the pilot was the root cause.
The FBI has found on the computer of the pilot six deleted Flightsimulator simulations.
In those simulations the plane follows in the beginning exactly the path the mh370 took, it then deviates till the fuel ran out and then crashes in the indian ocean.
They don,t call it hard evidence, personally I think the chance that this is a coincidence is too small.

Yes, not a coincidence.
Why are they only finding this now?
Surely it doesn't take all that time to covered deleted data?

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
Did they search the place the simulation ended?

Alexander.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Did they search the place the simulation ended?

No point if the intention was to "deviate till the fuel ran out".
No way they could know that precisely enough to be of any use.

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
I was under the impression that the simulated routes (the recovered simulations was mentioned before) was planed to avoid any kind of RA.D.A.R. systems. So he might followed "the plan".

Alexander.

Online Kjelt

• Super Contributor
Yes, not a coincidence.
Why are they only finding this now?
Surely it doesn't take all that time to covered deleted data? 
No indeed they (FBI, Malaysian government and airliner) already knew this information for a long time but they kept it secret.
We the public only hear about it now because some american newspaper got their hands on classified FBI documents through a non disclosed contact.
The reason is probably that it is as the link below states it, circumstantial evidence at most, it is not hard proof that this is the root cause.
Now with hundreds of grieving families do you want to tell them this without 100% being sure this is what happened  :-//
Perhaps what also was in the consideration of the airliner was the risk of getting millions in claims, just as German Wings is now experiencing.

The reason that this non disclosed contact now at this moment in time releases this document is ofcourse pure speculation, I myself can think that if I had this knowledge and knowing that the search came to an end and we never would find out the real cause due to unable of finding the wreckage, and the relatives would never know this part of the story (perhaps the truth) that would very well be a damn good reason to personnaly leak that document to the press.
Another more commercial reason could be that this will vent of the suspicion that there was something wrong with this new plane, I mean it was pretty new and any crash is bad commercial news for such a product. If you know how much one such airplane costs and that airliners base their buying on how reliable the planes are, this could well have been also a reason to release the document.

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/07/22/asia/mh370-pilot-simulation/
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 11:25:59 am by Kjelt »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
No indeed they (FBI, Malaysian government and airliner) already knew this information for a long time but they kept it secret.

Then someone needs to be held account for that.
Information should never have been withheld.

We the public only hear about it now because some american newspaper got their hands on classified FBI documents through a non disclosed contact.

Whoever made that call should lose their job, or worse.

The reason is probably that it is as the link below states it, circumstantial evidence at most, it is not hard proof that this is the root cause.

It doesn't matter, you shouldn't hide information like this in an investigation.
And quite frankly, with all the crackpot theories that got thrown around about because of the lack of information, I'd say this was the most credible evidence they had.

Now with hundreds of grieving families do you want to tell them this without 100% being sure this is what happened  :-//

Everyone deserves to see any evidence uncovered.

Perhaps what also was in the consideration of the airliner was the risk of getting millions in claims, just as German Wings is now experiencing.

The airliner should get zero say in what evidence gets released.

Another more commercial reason could be that this will vent of the suspicion that there was something wrong with this new plane, I mean it was pretty new and any crash is bad commercial news for such a product. If you know how much one such airplane costs and that airliners base their buying on how reliable the planes are, this could well have been also a reason to release the document.

Anyone who withholds information for such commercial gain should be prosecuted.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
The pilot crashing the plane on purpose would also explain why they found only pieces of it so far. I know this sounds like talking in hindsight but since they found debris of the airplane I had the feeling the plane somehow got smashed into pieces which is why the search parties never found a sunken airplane. There is no airplane to search for, only small bits and pieces because flying into water at high speed has a similar effect of flying into a mountain.

Still the FBI shouldn't have sat on this information for this long! The search parties could have adjusted their search method long ago and look for parts instead of a large part of on an airplane.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online Kjelt

• Super Contributor
Then someone needs to be held account for that.
Information should never have been withheld.
Whoever made that call should lose their job, or worse.
It doesn't matter, you shouldn't hide information like this in an investigation.
And quite frankly, with all the crackpot theories that got thrown around about because of the lack of information, I'd say this was the most credible evidence they had.
Everyone deserves to see any evidence uncovered.
I agree with that personally, for me all information also on government level should be made public, not after 75 years as sometimes is the case.

Anyone who withholds information for such commercial gain should be prosecuted.
[/quote]
No the last remark was that they DID provide this information now for commercial gain.
Just so no-one will think the airplane itself could have been the cause.
Now no black boxes or other physical evidence can ever shed light on what truely happened the planemanufacturer can never proof its innocence and suspision on this plane would be made. Now with this story about the pilot all suspicion is gone, well almost all.

Online Kjelt

• Super Contributor
The pilot crashing the plane on purpose would also explain why they found only pieces of it so far. I know this sounds like talking in hindsight but since they found debris of the airplane I had the feeling the plane somehow got smashed into pieces which is why the search parties never found a sunken airplane. There is no airplane to search for, only small bits and pieces because flying into water at high speed has a similar effect of flying into a mountain.
Still the FBI shouldn't have sat on this information for this long! The search parties could have adjusted their search method long ago and look for parts instead of a large part of on an airplane.
I am not an expert but I do remember in the beginning saying that if the plane crashed in the water under such an angle it would be totally smashed to pieces they would have found all kinds of floating debris on the ocean through satelites, however they couldn't find a single piece floating. Only a year and months later some pieces got found washed ashore on the african coastline.

My guess is that the pilot went for an extremely deep part of the ocean and flew plain in vertically so it would sink to the deep with the least amount of damage, but I have no idea if this is possible or it is better to land the plane horizontally so it floats on the ocean an than calmly sinks in the water. If the latter would be the case, i can not understand why the flightattendants would not have opened the doors and let the passengers out, so I think the crash must have been lethal to all passengers and the plane lies somewhere incredibly deep. If you look at the depth charts of the indian ocean it can be incredibly deep in some places, I don't think the technology exists yet to chart those depths at reasonable speed and accuracy. And the pressures at that depth could crush the plane in size.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
I am not an expert but I do remember in the beginning saying that if the plane crashed in the water under such an angle it would be totally smashed to pieces they would have found all kinds of floating debris on the ocean through satelites, however they couldn't find a single piece floating. Only a year and months later some pieces got found washed ashore on the african coastline.

My guess is that the pilot went for an extremely deep part of the ocean and flew plain in vertically so it would sink to the deep with the least amount of damage, but I have no idea if this is possible or it is better to land the plane horizontally so it floats on the ocean an than calmly sinks in the water. If the latter would be the case, i can not understand why the flightattendants would not have opened the doors and let the passengers out, so I think the crash must have been lethal to all passengers and the plane lies somewhere incredibly deep.
Your reasoning sounds very plausible but leaves the question on how it is possible they didn't deploy any of the life-rafts because it seems to me an airplane which is intact doesn't sink within seconds. Or would it be possible for the pilot to disable the air supply to the passenger cabine rendering the crew and passengers unconscious? And how about the co-pilot?
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online Kjelt

• Super Contributor
The co-pilot issue: that we have seen on German Wings how that could have expired. He would be higher in rank so could have asked the co pilot to check something or fetch something outside the cockpit and then lock the door. With German Wings the co pilot had to wait for the pilot to go to the bathroom because he was not in charge.

The oxygen, i really do not know if a pilot could do this, perhaps some pilot could elaborate on this?

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor

The chinese, mostly.

I said this awhile back: this "search" is #1 a jobs program; and #2 a mapping program for the ocean floor for the military.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
The Chinese government is responsible for only 10% of the search cost (total of $130 million). Australia has financed the largest part of the search operation ($80 million). Up to July 2015, China hadn't paid a cent of their share, providing only military assets. A salvage vessel with towed sonar was sent in January 2016.
The search area is tiny in the vast expanse of the Indian Ocean and totally irrelevant strategically.
As for Australian jobs, the main search contractor is Fugro, a Dutch company. https://www.fugro.com/mh370

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-02-15/mh370-the-hunt-for-malaysia-airlines-missing-flight-in-numbers
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/aviation/questions-over-mh370-search-funding-shortfall/news-story/eeb63585f74a33391e67af7658d313e0
http://www.ibtimes.com/mh370-search-hits-record-price-tag-malaysia-government-spends-70m-aviation-2344123
http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-updates/incidents/china-refusing-to-contribute-funds-to-mh370-search/news-story/b8dbd09adcdf5cc9e514f14006a95780
« Last Edit: July 24, 2016, 08:21:36 pm by Wytnucls »

Offline station240

• Supporter
Why the hell did they make us spend years searching the wrong section of the ocean, when they had the flight simulation.  :palm: :palm: :palm:

I always suspected it was further north than the area we (mostly Australia) searched. The distribution of the debis found so far implies to took the northern edge of the Indian Ocean, rather that the Eastern side off Western Australia.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf