Author Topic: Useful electronics programs that work on Win7 but not on Win10  (Read 15012 times)

Offline NorthGuy

• Super Contributor
Re: Useful electronics programs that work on Win7 but not on Win10
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2019, 04:51:55 pm »
I'm referring to the extended support being dropped in less than a year. Half the arguments that are in favour of Windows 7 now evaporate at that point. Market share is not a good measure of an OS being viable for safe daily use. There will inevitably be people claiming they don't need security updates, but that's a bit like being a computing antivaxer. Windows 7 has 9 months left. After that it's either Windows 8.1 until 2023, Windows 10 or migrating to another OS altogether.

Of course, sooner or later the hardware will move forward and W7 becomes obsolete, but this has very little to do with Microsoft, and this is not happening in 6 months. I stopped using their updates when they tried to push their telemetry spyware and their W10 upgrade malware through the security updates. You have absolutely no control over what Microsoft pushes on you, and I don't trust them any more. I looked at W10 attentively, and it's way below the standards that I'm willing to accept. So, as soon as W7 runs out, Linux it is (well Mac is still an option).

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2019, 05:00:10 pm »
I don't think so. Still approximately the same market share as W10, which is remarkable since all the new computers come with W10.

I'll never going to use W10. W10 has a screwed up user interface, is very buggy, and you don't have any control of what it's doing. It is now only a matter of time until it starts serving targeted ads.

I'll hang to W7 as long as I can, and then it's Linux. They may, of course, screw up future CPUs/Motherboards so that they only can run Windows, but that's a different question.
I'm referring to the extended support being dropped in less than a year. Half the arguments that are in favour of Windows 7 now evaporate at that point. Market share is not a good measure of an OS being viable for safe daily use. There will inevitably be people claiming they don't need security updates, but that's a bit like being a computing antivaxer. Windows 7 has 9 months left. After that it's either Windows 8.1 until 2023, Windows 10 or migrating to another OS altogether.
That is assuming you run Windows as the base OS. If you run it from a VM and don't use it for browsing on internet you are very safe. I'm still using XP in a VM because it just works very well.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline KE5FX

• Super Contributor
    • KE5FX.COM
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2019, 08:44:10 pm »
I'm referring to the extended support being dropped in less than a year. Half the arguments that are in favour of Windows 7 now evaporate at that point. Market share is not a good measure of an OS being viable for safe daily use. There will inevitably be people claiming they don't need security updates, but that's a bit like being a computing antivaxer.

Yeah, it's like being an antivaxxer in some twisted alternative reality where vaccines actually do cause widespread catastrophic epidemics of autism.

The end of Windows 7 won't affect me, since I disabled Windows Update on my primary machine as soon as it was co-opted as a marketing channel -- meaning, when the first unsolicited forced updates to Windows 10 began to appear.  Only the most critical security patches are installed, and then only by hand. 

Unfortunately I neglected to do the same for the laptop in a different room, which mirrors its screen to a large secondary display that we watch while working out.  Automatic updates remained enabled on that one.  Sure enough, Microsoft duly punished me for my negligence.

Offline mc172

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2019, 10:52:44 pm »
Well that's because 600x800 is no longer an acceptable screen resolution. My phone has a screen with over double that resolution.

But it's no excuse to make everything bigger for nothing.  The whole idea of bigger resolutions is to have more screen real estate, but they keep making UI elements and dialogs bigger and bigger to the point that you practically need 4k to use windows 10.  The use of space is horribly inefficient in windows 8/10.

I really don't understand. Show me how you'd make a popup window work on a 4k monitor and a 640x480 CRT.

I use W10 with a 2k screen and have no problems. What is your issue other than being a grumpy old fart?

Offline CloudTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2019, 08:59:59 am »
I managed to convince IT that the software that my former colleague has written is really important to me and it doesn't work on W10. But yeah migration to W10 is definitely gonna happen before end of the year :(

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2019, 09:39:49 am »
I managed to convince IT that the software that my former colleague has written is really important to me and it doesn't work on W10. But yeah migration to W10 is definitely gonna happen before end of the year :(
Please don't burden your collegues with a problem that isn't actually a problem.

The following users thanked this post: thm_w

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2019, 10:56:02 am »

OP should 'burden' I.T. to clone or image the current hard drive, store it somewhere SAFE,
then nuke the clone with the Windwoes 10 migration, and pray it doesn't fly south.  :scared:

If it does, de-migrate and put back the original hard drive or restore the saved image  :phew:

--------------------

FWIW to the doom forecasters:  ???   

Windows 7 is not 'dying' unless some forced "update fix for a security patch for a critical update" etc..kills it.
LOL, what an obvious wank all that bloatware shyte is today, to force connedsumers on a constant upgrade merry go round, laced with AnythingGoesWare,
till they get peaved enough to blow their retirement money on a beachball vending Mac (another player forcing connedsumers on a constant software and HARDWARE upgrade merry go round..) 

or try Linux,

or stay with the Windows version that works.

Just how many clueless computer suckers do these marketing 'teams' think are around in 2019?    ::)

2000, XP, and Vista still haven't appeared at Boot Hill yet
I reckon there's a few lurkers still rolling with NT4, 98 and ME too  (you know who you are  ;D)

Even W8 and W8.1 are bearable, compared to bossy boots come tiled phone wannabee W10   :palm:

At the end of the day it's the apps that count to get work and play done, and users should not give a stuff about the host OS.

The OS should have a convenient GUI layout that doesn't require OS Developer thinking, mashed with changes for the hell of it,   
or previous skill stuffing around with a tiled phone concept,

and as good as it's potential was,

they bailed on it toward the finishing line, and gave it the ass anyway..

Who wants to wrestle with an oversized handheld phone GUI on a decent sized monitor,
and balls about with silly annoying floater tiles   :horse:   :rant: >:( :-\ :-[   

rather than a simple Start Menu, Programs List, and obvious Desktop shortcuts like MY COMPUTER   :clap:

Control Panel, Recycle Bin and Task Bar etc  etc ?   :-+

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2019, 12:47:52 pm »
Microsoft supported Windows 7 for 10 years. More importantly, newer version have significant improvements under the hood that Windows 7 will never have without effectively making it a reskin of a newer OS. A decade is a century in computer land. Microsoft has a lot and I mean a lot of flaws but you can't really fault them for ending support of an OS which is getting outdated. Moreover, they've always mentioned the support term being 10 years.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2019, 07:20:36 pm »

I really don't understand. Show me how you'd make a popup window work on a 4k monitor and a 640x480 CRT.

What's not to understand? The popup will be smaller on a 4K monitor, as will everything else. Smaller objects mean you can fit more of them on the screen at the same time and the high resolution means they are still readable. If you want to zoom in to make something larger this should be an option but not being able to zoom out is unacceptable.

I want to have several applications I'm using tiled across my screen but even with the 2560x1600 display I have at work I can't make Slack small enough to sit unobtrusively in the corner of the screen without being overlapped by the browser window and Word document, this is crazy! Back in the day I used to be able to shrink MSN Messenger down into the corner of a 1280x1024 monitor, I can fit less on a screen with more than double the pixels than I could 20 years ago.

It's unfortunate that people with your view have negated the main advantage of higher resolution displays by just making everything bigger to compensate, which then requires those of us who want to fit more information on our displays go for yet higher resolution before some clueless UI designer decides to make everything bigger again.  :palm:

Why have all those pixels if you can't make proper use of them?

The following users thanked this post: Red Squirrel, soldar

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2019, 08:54:15 pm »
I want to have several applications I'm using tiled across my screen but even with the 2560x1600 display I have at work I can't make Slack small enough to sit unobtrusively in the corner of the screen without being overlapped by the browser window and Word document, this is crazy! Back in the day I used to be able to shrink MSN Messenger down into the corner of a 1280x1024 monitor, I can fit less on a screen with more than double the pixels than I could 20 years ago.

It's unfortunate that people with your view have negated the main advantage of higher resolution displays by just making everything bigger to compensate, which then requires those of us who want to fit more information on our displays go for yet higher resolution before some clueless UI designer decides to make everything bigger again.  :palm:

Why have all those pixels if you can't make proper use of them?

Use ctrl - to zoom out in slack, might help a bit.
Anyway that is a problem with the specific software (slack), and not really a windows issue. Which I don't really disagree with. Skype seems to have started to figure it out.
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2019, 09:13:12 pm »

What's not to understand? The popup will be smaller on a 4K monitor, as will everything else. Smaller objects mean you can fit more of them on the screen at the same time and the high resolution means they are still readable. If you want to zoom in to make something larger this should be an option but not being able to zoom out is unacceptable.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!  ;D  30s->

« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 09:30:20 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

The following users thanked this post: Neomys Sapiens

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2019, 10:03:52 pm »
Use ctrl - to zoom out in slack, might help a bit.
Anyway that is a problem with the specific software (slack), and not really a windows issue. Which I don't really disagree with. Skype seems to have started to figure it out.

I'm zoomed out as far as I can go, it's not enough. This a problem with modern software in general including many of the UI elements of Windows, Slack just happened to be a specific example. It is a plague that has been spreading everywhere, and arms race between monitors offering more pixels and software gulping up those pixels for dubious benefits. The point is valid, the control panel from say Windows 2000 could display much more information in a given number of pixels without having to scroll than the Win10 control center. Again like Slack this is a specific example, not the entire problem.

I want a large monitor with high information density so I have everything laid out in front of me where I can see it, not gigantic UI elements that require endless scrolling and flipping to get to what I need.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2019, 05:18:32 am »
Microsoft supported Windows 7 for 10 years.

More importantly, newer version have significant improvements under the hood that Windows 7 will never have without effectively making it a reskin of a newer OS.

A decade is a century in computer land. Microsoft has a lot and I mean a lot of flaws but you can't really fault them for ending support of an OS which is getting outdated.
Moreover, they've always mentioned the support term being 10 years.

I don't know mate   :-//   W7 still working 'Day One' fine here with older and or current apps and browsers,
and haven't needed any 'support' for probably 10 years since first install,
and envisage I won't need any for another decade.

Any support may have been drivers and browser updates, but none from MS

Cloning to a larger drive is the only DIY support needed thus far, plus malware defence and scan stuff,
again none from MS.

As far as W10 having "..significant improvements under the hood that Windows 7 will never have.." I don't see it after a dual boot comparison on the same PC
with compatible drivers and using same resource hog apps etc 

Maybe Gamers or Benchmark apps can point out improvements under certain conditions, but it escapes me.
and it doesn't really say anything if gamers use a stripped down W10 to get what they need.

XP still going good too from the few I've seen and used, and that's like 18? years old 
Even the later (fixed) versions of Vista on a bad day can run good enough vs W10,
and does what it's told, not vice versa

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, james_s, soldar

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2019, 04:20:33 pm »
I don't know mate   :-//   W7 still working 'Day One' fine here with older and or current apps and browsers,
and haven't needed any 'support' for probably 10 years since first install,
and envisage I won't need any for another decade.

Any support may have been drivers and browser updates, but none from MS

Cloning to a larger drive is the only DIY support needed thus far, plus malware defence and scan stuff,
again none from MS.

As far as W10 having "..significant improvements under the hood that Windows 7 will never have.." I don't see it after a dual boot comparison on the same PC
with compatible drivers and using same resource hog apps etc 

Maybe Gamers or Benchmark apps can point out improvements under certain conditions, but it escapes me.
and it doesn't really say anything if gamers use a stripped down W10 to get what they need.

XP still going good too from the few I've seen and used, and that's like 18? years old 
Even the later (fixed) versions of Vista on a bad day can run good enough vs W10,
and does what it's told, not vice versa
Windows 7 isn't working "'Day One' fine" if you're using it in a typical fashion. A lot of hard work and updates have gone into keeping the product safe and functional and it is this hard work and updates Microsoft isn't willing to keep up indefinitely.

The differences you can see between Windows 7 and 10 are barely relevant. You just see the GUI and user side of things, which is a relatively modest layer on top of a much more involved beast. A lot of the changes between Windows 7 and 10 have to do with improving security. It entails the underlying architecture, the kernel, the protocols used and supported and much more. This is a response to computer criminality becoming an industry and our evolving understanding how to deal with that. It'd be hopefully naive to think that the changes made to an OS entail nothing more than the placement of a checkbox or how the start menu looks. That's what people get hung up about, but aren't really very relevant changes.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2019, 04:38:59 pm »
You really believe the BS M$ is spreading?  :-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD
Get real. 90% is still the same old crap with a new layer of polish on top. Remember the leak in the WMF format they found a couple of years ago? That existed since Windows 3.0 or so.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Red Squirrel

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2019, 05:54:07 pm »
Would not be surprised if there's left over stuff from 3.11 in Windows.  To be fair, they do their best to try to ensure compatibility so it's kind of needed.

That said, windows 7 works fine.  As long as the programs you use run in it there is no reason to upgrade.  You should not put a windows system on the internet directly anyway so any security issues should not be accessible in first place.

If your security approach is simply ensuring stuff is up to date then it's a bad security approach, because nothing is ever 100% up to date.  It's best to ensure any exploits are not accessible in first place by securing the perimeter better. Ex: firewall and risk management. 

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, Electro Detective

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2019, 06:13:02 pm »
Get real. 90% is still the same old crap with a new layer of polish on top. Remember the leak in the WMF format they found a couple of years ago? That existed since Windows 3.0 or so.
Pretty much anyone can see significant changes if they know where to look and what to look for. The problem is that most people don't have a clue what they're talking about. Pretending that issues in old libraries mean that nothing has changed since isn't very realistic. Somehow people love to believe the stories they or others have pulled from thin air.

The following users thanked this post: Zbig, thm_w, newbrain

Offline Zbig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2019, 06:43:15 pm »
Pretty much anyone can see significant changes if they know where to look and what to look for. The problem is that most people don't have a clue what they're talking about. Pretending that issues in old libraries mean that nothing has changed since isn't very realistic. Somehow people love to believe the stories they or others have pulled from thin air.

But it still is a rather entertaining thread to follow. There's this guy who hates the thing so much but isn't really sure why so asks the forum for reasons to hate it. Then, when amongst much bitching and moaning in the Microsoft's general direction, it turns out they're actually quite good with backwards compatibility, he triumphantly reports that he resorted to lying in order to push his agenda. Then, when we're at it, some more bitching and moaning ensues, "because Micro$oft" (seriously, are you guys ten?) and it doesn't look good on monitors from 1993. Great stuff :popcorn:
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 06:58:53 am by Zbig »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, Mr. Scram

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2019, 09:01:15 pm »
I haven't found much that flat out doesn't work on Win10 but the frequent reboots are a non-starter, I cannot have a machine randomly deciding to lock me out for an hour at a time. Then there are very basic features like Searxh that just flat out don't work worth a crap, and incessant changes to my default program settings, and a subjective matter I think if they had set out to make the most ugly UI possible they would have been hard pressed to do much better.  It was enough that I switched my main work PC to Linux at my last job then chose the Mac when offered a choice where I am now. I've been very happy with that choice, it just works so much better, the OS is polished and stays out of my way the way an OS should and it's optimized for a proper desktop/laptop user experience with none of that touch nonsense shoehorned in. I can't imagine ever wanting to go back to Windows, it's only momentum and familiarity that is keeping me on Win7 at home, I'll keep using that there until it stops working.

Yes I'm sure there are a lot of improvements under the hood of Win10 but this is academic if it does not somehow improve my ability to do work, or enable something useful to me which it does not. When combined with all the stuff it makes harder and/or less pleasant there is a total net negative and it's irritating to have smug fanbois and Microsoft apologists defending all the user hostility and shady tactics. People have every right to dislike something and there are plenty of legitimate gripes about Win10. To blow that off as nothing requires that someone have either a vested interest in pushing others to the platform, i.e. MS employee or stockholder or they have drank a great deal of the kool aid and convinced themselves that their favorite company can do no wrong.

The following users thanked this post: Electro Detective

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2019, 09:19:56 pm »
I haven't found much that flat out doesn't work on Win10 but the frequent reboots are a non-starter, I cannot have a machine randomly deciding to lock me out for an hour at a time. Then there are very basic features like Searxh that just flat out don't work worth a crap, and incessant changes to my default program settings, and a subjective matter I think if they had set out to make the most ugly UI possible they would have been hard pressed to do much better.  It was enough that I switched my main work PC to Linux at my last job then chose the Mac when offered a choice where I am now. I've been very happy with that choice, it just works so much better, the OS is polished and stays out of my way the way an OS should and it's optimized for a proper desktop/laptop user experience with none of that touch nonsense shoehorned in. I can't imagine ever wanting to go back to Windows, it's only momentum and familiarity that is keeping me on Win7 at home, I'll keep using that there until it stops working.

Yes I'm sure there are a lot of improvements under the hood of Win10 but this is academic if it does not somehow improve my ability to do work, or enable something useful to me which it does not. When combined with all the stuff it makes harder and/or less pleasant there is a total net negative and it's irritating to have smug fanbois and Microsoft apologists defending all the user hostility and shady tactics. People have every right to dislike something and there are plenty of legitimate gripes about Win10. To blow that off as nothing requires that someone have either a vested interest in pushing others to the platform, i.e. MS employee or stockholder or they have drank a great deal of the kool aid and convinced themselves that their favorite company can do no wrong.
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of reasons to dislike a fair few of the current Microsoft products. I absolutely loathe most of the current cloud products Microsoft is pushing right now and I feel Windows 10 took a number of wrong turns as well.  It's just rather annoying to see people fabricate all kinds of reasons to gripe about certain products which are objectively and demonstrably untrue. People's opinions aren't blown off because they are the wrong opinions, they're blown off because the reasoning is lopsided or people evidently don't have a clue what they're on about.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2019, 09:34:25 pm »
What changes? Microsoft is just bouncing back & forth between making Windows useable and locking it down. Lock it down too much and people complain, opening it up too much and malware goes wild. The biggest problem is that the legacy on which the Windows concept was built didn't include security (*). Even today this means that some software won't work without having administrator priviliges. This is easely circumvented by choosing 'run as adminitrator' after which (usually) no password is asked. Many people use Windows with administrative priviliges by default to make their lifes easier. That is something Microsoft should fix.

* It took a wake-up call in the form of a worm called 'code red' which infected about half a million computers in a few days to make Microsoft take security serious.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 09:40:00 pm by nctnico »

Offline Zbig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2019, 08:10:29 am »
What changes? Microsoft is just bouncing back & forth between making Windows useable and locking it down. [..]

Seriously, are you even trying?

• WSL - Windows Subsystem for Linux. You can now install various Linux distributions on Windows 10 and run thousands of Linux programs natively, without re-implementing the POSIX layer (like what Cygwin does) or resorting to full-blown virtualization. I can use Linux shell, tools and applications on my Windows installation like it's nothing and it starts in no time. I can pipe streams between Windows and Linux programs.
  • Client Hyper-V. You now have a fully usable and mature hypervisor-based virtualization platform bundled with every Windows 10 Professional license. Unlike e.g. VirtualBox, it's baked deeply and seamlessly into the OS so your VMs could start and run without you even being logged into you Windows account
  • Multiple desktops that are actually usable and convenient.
  • Numerous improvements on how you can can work and configure multiple monitor setups.
  • native OpenSSH client implementation
  • PowerShell lets you configure pretty much anything via console
  • Various kernel-level security and performance improvements that you don't see but it doesn't mean they are not there.

I could probably just go on like that but let's not let any pesky facts spoil your opinion. Hell, there's even a Wikipedia article dedicated just to Windows 10's new features but as you don't use any of them, let's just keep repeating the same tired blanket BS statements.

Of course if you run the same few applications since 20 years and someone moves the icon or changes the color of the button, that's what you're going to complain about. It's also perfectly valid to refuse learning anything new - nothing wrong with that, either. It's only when you pretend to know something when you clearly don't where it gets embarrassing. Your statements that nothing in Windows is really changing are so demonstrably untrue yet you just keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again like it makes it any less of a nonsense.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 08:15:58 am by Zbig »

The following users thanked this post: thm_w, newbrain

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #47 on: April 18, 2019, 01:00:16 pm »
It is great Windows is getting the features other OSses already had for decades but how exactly does that prevent a user from getting infected by malware? or not needing administrator priviliges for using a piece of hardware because the driver isn't included (or not signed)?

Offline Zbig

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #48 on: April 18, 2019, 01:12:05 pm »
It is great Windows is getting the features other OSses already had for decades but how exactly does that prevent a user from getting infected by malware? or not needing administrator priviliges for using a piece of hardware because the driver isn't included (or not signed)?

I've just decided it's not worth any more minute of my time arguing with you. I've already met far too many people of the "I was wrong but I'm always right so I'll just change the subject, move the goalposts and switch to another, equally wrong argument" type in my life to fall for that once again.

EDIT:
Especially given you didn't even bother to actually read my post. So other OSes had native execution of "foreign" binary executable formats, built-in, full-blown hypervisors "for decades" now? You don't listen, you don't want to learn. You just already "know" everything there is to know about anything.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 01:45:29 pm by Zbig »

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #49 on: April 18, 2019, 02:01:11 pm »
Seriously, are you even trying?

• WSL - Windows Subsystem for Linux. You can now install various Linux distributions on Windows 10 and run thousands of Linux programs natively, without re-implementing the POSIX layer (like what Cygwin does) or resorting to full-blown virtualization. I can use Linux shell, tools and applications on my Windows installation like it's nothing and it starts in no time. I can pipe streams between Windows and Linux programs.
  • Client Hyper-V. You now have a fully usable and mature hypervisor-based virtualization platform bundled with every Windows 10 Professional license. Unlike e.g. VirtualBox, it's baked deeply and seamlessly into the OS so your VMs could start and run without you even being logged into you Windows account
  • Multiple desktops that are actually usable and convenient.
  • Numerous improvements on how you can can work and configure multiple monitor setups.
  • native OpenSSH client implementation
  • PowerShell lets you configure pretty much anything via console
  • Various kernel-level security and performance improvements that you don't see but it doesn't mean they are not there.

I could probably just go on like that but let's not let any pesky facts spoil your opinion. Hell, there's even a Wikipedia article dedicated just to Windows 10's new features but as you don't use any of them, let's just keep repeating the same tired blanket BS statements.

Of course if you run the same few applications since 20 years and someone moves the icon or changes the color of the button, that's what you're going to complain about. It's also perfectly valid to refuse learning anything new - nothing wrong with that, either. It's only when you pretend to know something when you clearly don't where it gets embarrassing. Your statements that nothing in Windows is really changing are so demonstrably untrue yet you just keep repeating the same nonsense over and over again like it makes it any less of a nonsense.
Don't forget to add the features new to Windows 8, because 8 introduced many of them. Windows 8 is hated by the masses, but a much more modern OS underneath.

One notable difference introduced in Windows 10  I'd like to highlight is the update system. I can't really agree with how Windows 10 does it exactly, but that something needed to be done was very evident. The Windows 7 and 8 update system was causing all kinds of problems in even modestly sized deployments. It's just unfortunate that Microsoft opted for a solution I don't consider quite ideal.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf