Author Topic: How to get email notifications for responses to my posts  (Read 2266 times)

Offline billbyrd1945Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
How to get email notifications for responses to my posts
« on: February 25, 2022, 04:00:28 pm »
PS: For the life of me I cannot get my account or profile configured so that I get emailed when someone responds to my posts. I've tried several times but can't get it to work.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Re: How to get email notifications for responses to my posts
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2022, 04:35:23 pm »
What have you tried several times? I would suggest your settings under the notification tab in your profile might need checking (and/or your specified email address) but without knowing what you've already tried (or not) I'd be wary of pissing you off by suggesting something you've already tried, possibly several times.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2022, 05:01:13 pm »
This is how I currently have it. I'm not about to get pissed off at the generosity of free help.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2022, 05:16:39 pm »
OK, you need the notifications enabled as well. Profile->Account Settings and then hover over 'Modify Profile' (there must be a way to get there properly, but maybe someone else knows that). Pick the notifications entry.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2022, 05:41:59 pm »
I think I may have finally got it. This post will be a test. My password manager had two entries for EEVblog. That always helps :-)
Anyhow, I'll see shortly.

Nope. Still doesn't work.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 05:55:13 pm by billbyrd1945 »

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2022, 05:56:44 pm »
In case you want to check by visiting the forum instead of waiting for emails, there is a link at the top of each webpage, on the right hand side of your EEVblog avatar, called "Show new replies to your posts.".  Then, the small "New" icon near each topic will position the page to the first new reply not yet read by you.

If you click on that text at the righthand side of your avatar (in the banner area of the page), it will open a page with all the places where you have unread replies.

Same for "Show unread posts since last visit.", that's another link to see new posts, except that's for the whole forum and not for just the threads where you wrote.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 05:58:57 pm by RoGeorge »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2022, 06:06:14 pm »
Yes. Thank you. I think I finally have the email thing straightened out though I haven't received any yet.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf