Author Topic: Very strange-ish-particular question... about SMT/SMD devices  (Read 1216 times)

Offline JonathanHerrTopic starter

• Contributor
Very strange-ish-particular question... about SMT/SMD devices
« on: October 22, 2018, 04:50:42 am »
More specifically, a manufacturer of some SMT/SMD devices.

I remember coming into possession a few dead-PCBs, with surface mount components on them, but honestly, I'd never seen ones with the particular markings I saw.  The font on the IC was basically one row of text, text that looked like something akin to 7-segment displays, except.. not seperate-segments.  like.. 74F00 would basically be like..

Code: [Select]

These chips were fairly old, and of a 74XX variety (glue logic)... What I really liked about these chips was that font, and I kinda wish i could buy new-old-stock of these chips, so i don't have to risk damaging the chips as i remove them from these castoff boards, and/or not have certain chips at my disposal (since they'd not be ones that I had on hand)

I know its a rather random question, but i figured i'd at least ask, and see what other people might know.

Offline TomS_

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Very strange-ish-particular question... about SMT/SMD devices
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2018, 08:32:08 am »
Dot matrix?

I dont think thats the question hes asking...

Offline PointyOintment

• Frequent Contributor
  • ↑ I scanned my face
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2018, 11:07:50 am »
Photo?
I refuse to use AD's LTspice or any other "free" software whose license agreement prohibits benchmarking it (which implies it's really bad) or publicly disclosing the existence of the agreement. Fortunately, I haven't agreed to that one, and those terms are public already.

Offline JonathanHerrTopic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2018, 08:00:14 pm »
Clarification: the lettering on top of the ICs is rather. 'bright' (as in a very white ink/brightly inked) and akin to a 7-segment display that's segments ends are connected. (I only did the 'code' segment up there to show that the the rough shape of the lettering on top of the ICs is squareish instead of rounded.  (e.g. a zero looks like a rectangle, (like how it is on a 7-segment display), instead of a rounded ovoid.)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf