Author Topic: Want to Work From Home?  (Read 1789 times)

Offline German_EETopic starter

• Super Contributor
Want to Work From Home?
« on: August 14, 2017, 05:28:03 pm »
I have heard that some people like to work from home because there are fewer interruptions and it's quieter.

Don't believe them!!

At 4pm this afternoon I had one cat sat by the front door meowing at the top of his voice because he wanted to be let out, a second cat sat on the workbench knocking stuff to the floor because she liked the noise, the neighbors child downstairs screaming at the top of his voice because he couldn't have an ice cream. the postman wanting to leave a parcel for a neighbor with me and a Chinese woman on the phone (who didn't speak German or English) who kept dialling the wrong number. 

I'm now at the library.

Should you find yourself in a chronically leaking boat, energy devoted to changing vessels is likely to be more productive than energy devoted to patching leaks.

Warren Buffett

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline vodka

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Want to Work From Home?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 06:32:27 pm »
Kicks the cats from the work area.

The kids of neighbors keep the thir noises. There are not more solutions.

And the rest of interruptions, occupational hazards. If you would stay on a office , you would have the boss , secretary or companion asking stuffs each certain.

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 07:01:08 pm »
It's worth working from home just to avoid shoulder tappers. You can't punch them in the face unfortunately. Dude the headphones are on because I don't want to talk to you.

Oh and there's the horrible people who scoot their chair at you coasting to a halt an in inch from your desk. Your primitive instincts think there is a tiger coming at you or something.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 07:06:20 pm »
The cats in my area know when I'm 'busy'    :-/O \$\Omega\$ |O

and also know I won't miss an annoying target at any distance, when I pick up a rubber sandal   >:D 

Cat owner tech tip:
feed them and supply fresh water just before you have serious thinking work to do,
by the time they complete their feeding and grooming ritual and nap somewhere,
chances are your job is done and uninterrupted    :phew:

Have they subdivided land on the Moon yet?  ;D

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 11:18:49 am »
...work from home...
...a second cat sat on the workbench knocking stuff to the floor
...the neighbors child downstairs screaming at the top of his voice because
That doesn't sound like a "home" to me.
I would prefer to live in the office/railway station then.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 11:32:58 am »
The best thing about working from home is, that when I'm at work I'm at home!

The worst thing about working from home is, that when I'm at home I'm at work :-(
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

The following users thanked this post: Galenbo

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 11:52:18 am »
You need to work out how to do no work at home effectively and you're sorted  >:D

Offline noidea

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 12:11:18 pm »
I don't know what it's like in Germany but if you're an employee in Australia, working from whilst it sounds like a good idea is a nightmare for companies and OHS responsibilities. My mate does it but has to have a separate room in his house, fire extinguishers on the wall and so on.
If I worked from home I don't think I could get anything done because of my kids. Sometimes going to work is more peaceful :)

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 12:29:17 pm »
As a remote field tech, I have been working from home for 13 years now.  The cats know better to come out here, the dogs only come for occasional scratches and bathroom breaks and, thank God, I live in a house not an apartment/flat so no noisy neighbors.  Normally, I keep busy with repairs or various administrivia/projects but there are times I simply see something shiny and get distracted or blink and reset (the more common)
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf