Author Topic: Weird coincidence!  (Read 1656 times)

Offline LightagesTopic starter

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
Weird coincidence!
« on: December 06, 2011, 06:07:41 am »
I just had one of those weird moments where things just happen to go full circle.

I responded in the thread:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5786.0
about a program I use regularly on my Android devices, Droid48. I decided to look to see if there was anything else and ran across a program called Soft48 which is a program written to copy some of the usefulness of an HP48 but not outright copy it. I went to the author's page and he has a number of personal opinion pages and some interesting information. Then I encountered a link that went to photos of his trip to Chile. I finally ended up looking at a photo taken only 100m from my house at my neighbor's during the person's visit here for an astronomy tour. This is the very business that I help conduct astronomy tours most nights.

This is the kind of thing that would make most people believe in woo woo stuff. For me it just shows how small the world really is.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Weird coincidence!
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 06:32:43 am »
SWMBO and I were driving around town the other day and drive past a store called "David met Nicole"  :o

Freakiest coincidence I ever had was a very tragic one:
I used to edit and produce the yearly Ozcanyons calendar (for the local canyoning community) and I just finished and uploaded the latest calendar to the group. A second later I looked at the in-box and saw the tragic news, a friend of mine was just killed in a canyon.
Now the coincidences start:
1) I uploaded the calendar at almost the exact same time I got the news
2) The photo on the December page was of the same canyon he died in, in the same month.
3) The photo showed another friend of mine in the exact same location as where he died
4) The photo showed the exact same seated position of how he died, with the water flowing over him, holding onto the exact same rope, facing the same way. The only difference was the person in the photo.
5) My friend didn't normally take that route were he was killed, and only started taking it after I was on trip with him once where I said the jump he normally did was dangerous and he'd land on a submerged rock. To prove I was wrong, he jumped, and hit the rock I mentioned and tore all the tendons in his foot. Since then he took the alternative route where he was killed.

Scary...

Dave.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf