Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 859225 times)

DuPe and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Messtechniker

• Regular Contributor
  • Old analog audio hand - No voodoo.
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #5375 on: January 14, 2018, 05:30:28 am »
Where did you buy the roller kit?
Was it original HP?
Got it from www. fuser-centrum.de :-+
Not original HP. Instead: "Wir verwenden qualitativ hochwertige Ersatzteile von Alternativherstellern"
i.e.  "Hi Q parts from alternative manufacturers" :o
Agilent 34465A, Hameg HMO1022, R&S HMC 8043, Voltcraft VC 940 and M-Audio Audiophile 192

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5376 on: January 14, 2018, 05:36:41 am »
Got it from www. fuser-centrum.de :-+
Nice, thanks!
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline wkb

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5377 on: January 14, 2018, 05:42:25 am »
10MHz OCXO I found at a local HAMfest

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5378 on: January 14, 2018, 06:18:03 am »
Just ordered a Brother HL3140CW colour laser printer (actually LED). I've not owned a laser printer for many years and seem over-run with inkjet printers, but I wanted to try making transparencies for etching my own PCBs.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5379 on: January 14, 2018, 04:03:04 pm »
Just ordered a Brother HL3140CW colour laser printer (actually LED). I've not owned a laser printer for many years and seem over-run with inkjet printers, but I wanted to try making transparencies for etching my own PCBs.
Good choice IMHO.  :-+

Brother laser printers are cheaper to operate IME (I've an MFC-9450CDN), and I've never seen any of their cartridges chipped. ;D So easily refilled, further decreasing operating costs (reset the gear position & install a new plug after filling it).

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #5380 on: January 15, 2018, 08:04:07 am »
Pockethernet UTP and network analyzer.
195 euro delivered.
Purchased mostly for the TDR measurement function.
Seems to be bang on accurate on cables >3m.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 08:05:57 am by Mr.B »
Time is the overseer of all things.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • GHz or bust
« Reply #5381 on: January 15, 2018, 02:50:28 pm »
Have been wanting one of these for years - Agilent Fieldfox N9912A 6 GHz with the antenna analyzer, spectrum analyzer and network analysis licensed.
VE7FM

Online Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #5382 on: January 15, 2018, 03:04:54 pm »
Have been wanting one of these for years - Agilent Fieldfox N9912A 6 GHz with the antenna analyzer, spectrum analyzer and network analysis licensed.
I didn't even realize they had star maps in Fallout.

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #5383 on: January 15, 2018, 03:28:42 pm »

Awesome - I played with one of those at a trade show and was very excited.....until I got the quote. $MEGA$
Hope you got a deal.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. http://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline Circlotron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5384 on: January 15, 2018, 05:28:32 pm »
Bought a new drum unit for the laser printer for $92.
Didn’t fix the problem.
Bought a new printer for $89.  :palm:

Offline amspire

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5385 on: January 15, 2018, 05:42:19 pm »
Didn’t fix the problem.
That is the way things are going. I got a $90 Brother WiFi laser printer about 6 years ago and have since spend $20 on toner recharges for the original cartridge. Nothing else. I have probably done 8000 pages. When the drum dies, I will just get a new printer.

Offline basinstreetdesign

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5386 on: January 15, 2018, 05:57:25 pm »
Didn’t fix the problem.
That is the way things are going. I got a $90 Brother WiFi laser printer about 6 years ago and have since spend $20 on toner recharges for the original cartridge. Nothing else. I have probably done 8000 pages. When the drum dies, I will just get a new printer.

Yep.  The ink, where they make their money is more expensive than a new printer.  But the toner cartridge shipped with the machine is small to get you back to the store soon.  I bought a cheap Brother laser printer for about CDN$80 with the intention of using it ONLY for the purpose of making home-brew pcbs.  At the rate I do boards (1-3 / year) I calculate that the starter cartridge will last me the rest of my life.  5 years on and so far so good.
Analog designers do it continuously

Online VEGETA

• Frequent Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #5387 on: January 15, 2018, 06:02:05 pm »

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #5388 on: January 15, 2018, 07:55:44 pm »
A year or so ago I got as close as a quote on a similar unit - there are so many options/categories, then I got cold feet. It will be a very useful bit of kit, Enjoy! :-+
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Online blueskull

• Supporter
  • Power Electronics PhD Candidate
« Reply #5389 on: January 15, 2018, 08:49:01 pm »
Just ordered a Carbide 3D Nimad 883 Pro CNC machine. Lead time is 4~6 weeks, so it will take a while to arrive.
Gonna do some tiny part CNC, particularly copper alloy and aluminum alloy.
SIGSEGV is inevitable if you try to talk more than you know. If I say gibberish, keep in mind that my license plate is SIGSEGV.

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5390 on: January 16, 2018, 01:20:31 am »
Bought a DPS5015 with USB/Bluetooth, info provided is not great so it's not obvious how the BT device connects and I assume you have to choose between USB and BT? - there being only one connector (that being said, there is no separate cable for the BT PCB and the USB one doesn't look like it fits). No driver/software either.

Also recieved the new Brother laser printer, entirely unexpected as it was due to be delivered on Thursday. Very lucky I was actually in the house to answer the door today. Anyway, something else to play with :)

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Super Contributor
  • NW0LF
« Reply #5391 on: January 16, 2018, 03:05:38 am »
Chris, enjoy your Brother.  I have a new HL-L5100DW.  I am using mine wired to the gigbit switch over WIFI.  I don't mind cables here in my office.  I gave my $10 yard sale HL-1440 to the stepdaughter and her husband.  4 printers in the office is enough  ;D
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is a way to solve problems without violence.

The following users thanked this post: ChrisLX200

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5392 on: January 16, 2018, 03:47:11 am »
Chris, enjoy your Brother.  I have a new HL-L5100DW.  I am using mine wired to the gigbit switch over WIFI.  I don't mind cables here in my office.  I gave my $10 yard sale HL-1440 to the stepdaughter and her husband.  4 printers in the office is enough  ;D

Thanks :) This one is now setup to use WiFi and it's working OK. I also have 2 Canon photo inkjets and a Brother all-in-one inkjet (plus heaven knows how many other unused inkjets stored in various cupboards!). I'm off-loading the bulk of the kids schoolwork printing needs onto this laser, it might be cheaper to feed (certainly quicker). Just got to train them NOT to hit print half a dozen times just because the printer doesn't respond instantly...  :rant:

Offline URI

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5393 on: January 16, 2018, 06:11:20 am »
Received the Kyocera P3050dn laser printer I ordered Jan. 10th 2018 (Wednesday last week) in the evening.
I chose and paid for "Premiumversand" -guaranteed delivery (most likely the next day after shipping)..

Next sign of life: Thursday, 11.01.18 16:19: shipping label registered at DHL.
Friday: Waiting, nothing happens.
Saturday: Waiting. nothing.. -no, wait: Saturday, 13.01.18 10:40: Package registered at DHL the first time.  :wtf:
Skipping Sunday; Monday (today):  Monday, 15.01.18 11:59 Package finally delivered.

Great! Only slightly late. (*irony*)

Unboxing, installing according to manual, first print.
Printer is producing a smeared printout.  :palm:
Going through every step of the manual to get a sharp, smooth printout: Shaking up the toner, different Cleaning steps. Nothing helps. Calling the Kyocera customer support, result: printer is actually DOD (defective on delivery). :palm:

Ok, getting back to amazon, got a return address label.
Monday, 15.01.2018, 19:06: Printer shipped back to amazon. Replacement will be delivered. When? Nobody knows but amazon.  :palm:

This day was completely useless. Spent seven hours of my flextime wage record for nothing.  :rant:

Sometimes you loose, sometimes the others win..   :-DD
Having TEA and mostly feeling comfortable with it..

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Super Contributor
  • NW0LF
« Reply #5394 on: January 16, 2018, 06:38:17 am »

Thanks :) This one is now setup to use WiFi and it's working OK. I also have 2 Canon photo inkjets and a Brother all-in-one inkjet (plus heaven knows how many other unused inkjets stored in various cupboards!). I'm off-loading the bulk of the kids schoolwork printing needs onto this laser, it might be cheaper to feed (certainly quicker). Just got to train them NOT to hit print half a dozen times just because the printer doesn't respond instantly...  :rant:

For me, the other printer is an Epson Workforce all in one.  I have a company provided HP color laser and a UPS thermal printer for company use.  The Brother responds much more quickly than the old one but the 1440 wasn't a network printer.  That was connected by an HP JetDirect EX Plus print server.  It also prints almost twice as fast so that is awesome.  I keep telling myself that I don't want desktop lasers because they are such a bear to work on but the price I paid put it on par with an HP Laserjet 4000TN I was looking at with adding on a duplexer and the HL-1440 has been absolutely reliable-not even a paper jam.  My wants were 1200 x 1200 dpi and a duplexer.  I get that with the Epson but it will be cheaper to feed the Brother as I don't often need to print in color.
It is only when a mosquito lands on your testicles that you realize there is a way to solve problems without violence.

Offline thm_w

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5395 on: January 16, 2018, 07:19:59 am »
Just ordered a Carbide 3D Nimad 883 Pro CNC machine. Lead time is 4~6 weeks, so it will take a while to arrive.

Spindle is rated at 50W 10,000rpm, so as long as you are doing engraving or micro machining with 1/8" bit or smaller it should be OK.
Get extra bits and delrin or similar to practice on.

Offline rx8pilot

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #5396 on: January 16, 2018, 07:22:12 am »

Spindle is rated at 50W 10,000rpm, so as long as you are doing engraving or micro machining with 1/8" bit or smaller it should be OK.

Yikes, I thought it had a bit more power than that. An 1/8 endmill would stall that in an instant.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. http://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5397 on: January 16, 2018, 09:39:59 am »
Testing the DPS5015 with USB coms module. I guess the basic thing works but I find if I get much over 55w output the controler resets and the USB connection is dropped (not sure which happens first, whether the dropped connection resets the controler or simply the controler resets and thus the USB connection is gone..). With a 30v/3A input it should be good for 90w or so, can't get near that without it dropping out. Need to do more testing to figure out what is going on. Output voltages seem to be accurate though, I ask for 5V and that's what I get :)

Edit: It may be seeing the two power resistors (effectively 0.5 Ohm) as a dead short which I guess could be upsetting it...
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 09:42:45 am by ChrisLX200 »

Online BravoV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5398 on: January 16, 2018, 09:05:48 pm »
Saw this locally, snag it cause its damn cheap about $10  :palm:, and was not expecting too much from this price level. But after played with it for about 30 mins, actually its quite decent. And also as the twistable 2 shapes (gun vs straight) is pretty handy too.

Next is to tear it down as according to manual it uses 3 NiCd cells (3.6 V) inside, wonder if can be modded to fit in a high current discharge 18650 Li-Ion cell with cell protector & charger, as the handle volume is more than enough to fit it in.

Online blueskull

• Supporter
  • Power Electronics PhD Candidate
« Reply #5399 on: January 16, 2018, 09:10:26 pm »

1/8'' is YUGE to me. I think the 1/16 and 1/32 will see more love from me.
Last time I got somebody to mill something for me it was a heat spreader for a 2mm*2mm BGA, a 2mm*4mm LGA and a 2mm*6mm LGA.
SIGSEGV is inevitable if you try to talk more than you know. If I say gibberish, keep in mind that my license plate is SIGSEGV.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf