Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2782757 times)

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #5250 on: January 22, 2018, 03:20:03 pm »
Bought myself a quick and dirty cheapo scope for the bench to save me having to plug the laptop in to use the 'slightly' better DSO.
https://www.jyetech.com/Products/LcdScope/e112A.php
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5251 on: January 22, 2018, 03:37:11 pm »
Bought myself a quick and dirty cheapo scope for the bench to save me having to plug the laptop in to use the 'slightly' better DSO.
I have one of theirs as well, its only a novelty really but it does work as long as your working on audio equipment its fine, and allows you to trace a signal through without quickly and easily, just don't expect too much from it mine has a very noisy floor. Much prefer to use a CRO but space and time don't always permit.  :popcorn:
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5252 on: January 22, 2018, 03:56:01 pm »
I have one of theirs as well, its only a novelty really but it does work as long as your working on audio equipment its fine, and allows you to trace a signal through without quickly and easily, just don't expect too much from it mine has a very noisy floor. Much prefer to use a CRO but space and time don't always permit.  :popcorn:

I don't have high expectations of it.  At the moment I'm not probing anything, as probing involves:

going upstairs, getting the laptop, unplugging it, bring it down to the lab, clearing bench space, plugging it in, wiring up the Owon DSO

So typically the chain of events is:

"I should probe that....  Ach sod that."
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5253 on: January 22, 2018, 04:29:39 pm »
A couple of quick images from the Adonstar ADSM302. Had to JPG compress them to get the filessize down..

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #5254 on: January 22, 2018, 04:36:34 pm »
A couple of quick images from the Adonstar ADSM302. Had to JPG compress them to get the filessize down..
Looks like your electronics could use a shave.

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5255 on: January 22, 2018, 04:42:36 pm »
Looks like your electronics could use a shave.

Just a piece of junk that was left lying around on my desk for weeks :)

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5256 on: January 22, 2018, 05:20:48 pm »
Ah. Just realised I can get even lower magnification/wider field by moving the camera upwards in its bracket, that gives me about 9" clearance under the lens.

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #5257 on: January 22, 2018, 06:48:49 pm »

Looks really good. Of course, not as crisp as my Tagarno, but the difference is not big, and your whole ADSM302 is cheaper than just my knob box :-DD
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5258 on: January 22, 2018, 10:04:49 pm »

Looks really good. Of course, not as crisp as my Tagarno, but the difference is not big, and your whole ADSM302 is cheaper than just my knob box :-DD

Those earlier images were just frame grabs off the video, a photo is actually 12MP and more detailed. You can compare the two below (The photo is second image, although I had to reduce it to 30% of original size to post so perhaps not a fair comparison).

Maybe not as sharp but it would be tough for me to justify paying more! £220 for the lot in my case :)

Plenty of room to work underneath the camera as you can see..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:13:05 pm by ChrisLX200 »

Offline chickenHeadKnob

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5259 on: January 22, 2018, 10:14:18 pm »
@chrisLX200: can you estimate the latency on the integral LCD and HDMI out? Not interested in usb to display latency.
I have the 201 and believe it contains the same image sensor and I can get to a sharper focus than your pic. I think you could have focused it better.
Ah you just posted with an explanation about the image quality, never mind

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5260 on: January 22, 2018, 10:34:26 pm »
@chrisLX200: can you estimate the latency on the integral LCD and HDMI out? Not interested in usb to display latency.
[...]

I have yet to try the HDMI connection on the desk PC, it would be worthwhile to use it if only because of the increased resolution available via HDMI but sadly my workshop PC monitor doesn't have an HDMI input. I've got a [standard] HDMI > DVI adapter cable but of course the Adonstar uses mini HDMI connector :(

Also, I tried a normal polariser and also circular polariser filter - made no difference at all. That came as a surprise TBH, I would have expected some of the reflections to be reduced? Of course I tried rotating the filters whilst watching!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:40:25 pm by ChrisLX200 »

Offline KrudyZ

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5261 on: January 23, 2018, 12:27:32 am »
HP 16500A to get some cables  :-DD

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5262 on: January 23, 2018, 12:32:42 am »
Ah. Just realised I can get even lower magnification/wider field by moving the camera upwards in its bracket, that gives me about 9" clearance under the lens.
That's impressive, a massive improvement on my Andonstar scope, it could only manage at best 3.5", but my new one can do 6" which is enough to get and solder with ease once I've mastered the art of soldering etc while looking at the monitor. Yours has a far greater field of view I post a of picture of mine at 6" working height which is still a giant leap forwards for me, not a match for yours though but then it did only cost me £46 so I can't complain, it will be a great aid to me when working with SMD stuff. Strange though, still photos seem to loose the aspect ratio, on screen as a live feed its perfect.

Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #5263 on: January 23, 2018, 01:06:24 am »
Specmaster,

Various high power LEDs. Nothing in a small ring configuration though. You're welcome to any of them.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #5264 on: January 23, 2018, 01:32:41 am »
[...]

I have yet to try the HDMI connection on the desk PC

How about latency via built-in screen? If it's reasonable for soldering, the lack of stereo vision might be OK, especially considering the price.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Mr.B

• Supporter
« Reply #5265 on: January 23, 2018, 01:50:58 am »
How about latency via built-in screen? If it's reasonable for soldering, the lack of stereo vision might be OK, especially considering the price.

I would like to know that also.
I am just about to pull the trigger on a model ADSM301.
Web says 30fps @ 600lux.
Appears to be nearly the same spec as the 302, except:
Fixed LCD angle.
Smaller working distance.
30mm shorter base.
~USD96 cheaper.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Andonstar-new-HDMI-USB-microscope-long-object-distance-electronic-microscope-for-mobile-phone-rapair-soldering-tool/32833389673.html
I approach the thinking of all of my posts using AI in the first instance. (Awkward Irregularity)

Offline CalMachine

• Frequent Contributor
  • Metrology Nut
« Reply #5266 on: January 23, 2018, 04:34:29 am »
Ebay Golden Ticket!   :-+  >:D 

All your volts are belong to me

The following users thanked this post: edavid, Inverted18650

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5267 on: January 23, 2018, 06:53:39 am »
Ebay Golden Ticket!   :-+  >:D 
Nice , you better open up those internal boxes now.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

The following users thanked this post: CalMachine

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #5268 on: January 23, 2018, 09:47:05 am »
Nice Toy @CalMachine  :-+

It had been nearly 2 days since I brought something so I brought a bit of Crap on Ebay  :o A Power Supply that requires Interlock Switches and Counters will be fun to play with. I did really buy it for the nice modular case to mount so other stuff in but should be fun to pull down and get a few cool parts from. $60 AUD delivered btw.

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

The following users thanked this post: CalMachine

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5269 on: January 23, 2018, 11:04:09 am »
[...]

I have yet to try the HDMI connection on the desk PC

Latency is very usable either way - you're getting 30fps which is not going to win prizes (fast movement will cause tearing) but for normal work it's fine. I just had to repair daughter's fine gold chain so I used this microscope, worked perfectly for this fiddly job.

Anyway, it will go into my workshop today so when I have it connected up I'll make some vids..

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5270 on: January 23, 2018, 11:12:23 am »
That's impressive, a massive improvement on my Andonstar scope, it could only manage at best 3.5", but my new one can do 6" which is enough to get and solder with ease once I've mastered the art of soldering etc while looking at the monitor. Yours has a far greater field of view I post a of picture of mine at 6" working height which is still a giant leap forwards for me, not a match for yours though but then it did only cost me £46 so I can't complain, it will be a great aid to me when working with SMD stuff. Strange though, still photos seem to loose the aspect ratio, on screen as a live feed its perfect.

I was going to buy the same model as yours, last minute decision after watching a YouTube vid made me change my mind :) Your's will certainly do the job though. Software for mine needs a lot of work - it's version 1.0 :)  You can easily change aspect ratio of saved images but maybe there's a setting somewhere (ini file?) you can change.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5271 on: January 23, 2018, 12:01:24 pm »

I was going to buy the same model as yours, last minute decision after watching a YouTube vid made me change my mind :) Your's will certainly do the job though. Software for mine needs a lot of work - it's version 1.0 :)  You can easily change aspect ratio of saved images but maybe there's a setting somewhere (ini file?) you can change.
I can't change the aspect ration, I'm afraid thats something that I think I'm stuck with as the device didn't come with any software, its all programmed into the unit. If you use on its own monitor and press the snapshot button, you can see the distortion on playback. If I run the microscope on the PC using the software that came with my Andonstar A1 and use the Ctrl L button sequence the aspect is correct, here is a couple of shots of the same PCB one using the Andonstar software (small untouched photo) and using the microscope as a standalone item and saved to SD card, large photo also untouched. If only the PC captured image was as large the one saved to SD card but I suspect has everything to do with the fact that the A1 microscope only has 2MP image file while the new microscope is supposed to be 3.6MP.

Who let Murphy in?

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5272 on: January 23, 2018, 03:21:20 pm »
Latency is very usable either way - you're getting 30fps which is not going to win prizes (fast movement will cause tearing)

Frame rate has nothing to do with tearing.  Tearing is caused by not redrawing the framebuffer in sync with the v-sync pulse and/or not using double buffering and attempting to draw the active frame direct while it's being output.

Offline Bendba

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5273 on: January 23, 2018, 03:35:35 pm »
Hi,

Not to be negative, is it me or you are spending a hell of a lot of money on what a second hand Canon EOS 600D ($250 on eBay) and a $25 software can do?

:-//
Stop dreaming your life, start leaving your dreams.

Offline FrankBuss

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #5274 on: January 23, 2018, 04:21:25 pm »
Not to be negative, is it me or you are spending a hell of a lot of money on what a second hand Canon EOS 600D ($250 on eBay) and a $25 software can do?

I use my Tagarno for soldering, too. It is so much less hurting my back to look at the monitor than leaned over my old stereo microscope. Was a bit unusual at first to look at the monitor, but now I can do it faster than with my old microscope, just soldered another prototype of my Bloxorz cartridge. I guess 60 Hz, no visible lag and no tearing helps.
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf