Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2755460 times)

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #5575 on: February 19, 2018, 02:40:01 am »
That's neat. First time I saw a closeup of one of those dot LED digits. Didn't know there was a little controller on each one.

That's the case for the ones in the 8662A, and also those in the 8673C that I know of, but not all of the dot displays are individual digits with controllers on each.  Those on the 5300A measurement system display unit, and the 34740A display units (again, that I currently know of) are simply multi-digit multiplexed dot displays, with each digit split into left and right halves, and driven by logic that is external to the LED display itself.

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

The following users thanked this post: bitseeker

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #5576 on: February 19, 2018, 03:59:31 am »
I am so broke all I could afford was a few more holes and some 1/4 BSP threads  :-DD

Might spin the camera base around to move it back on the mat a little but the cranked Swiss cheesed base and threads works a treat focal distance about 10mm below the surface :-+

I have a couple of vintage 555 timers for PWM and a few high power LED's for a little more lighting but version 2.01 is sorted for use.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #5577 on: February 19, 2018, 12:08:22 pm »
NOS Anritsu Galvanometer.

The following users thanked this post: lowimpedance, jonovid

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5578 on: February 19, 2018, 06:07:26 pm »
Part 1 of the Great Amazon Drok £3.99-for-anything sale :)  5 x DPS5015, 15A motor controller, and a Tesla lighter. Also bought one case for a DPS5015 and a mini 3-jaw chuck (the latter 'cos the minimum size for my miller's main 16mm Albrecht chuck is 3mm and I got fed up with having to swap the chuck out for a smaller one when I want to drill/tap 3mm threaded holes).

Part 2 should arrive tomorrow..

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #5579 on: February 19, 2018, 06:12:26 pm »
I still can't believe that Drok "sale." What a score.
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline ChrisLX200

• Supporter
« Reply #5580 on: February 19, 2018, 09:04:10 pm »
I still can't believe that Drok "sale." What a score.

I don't understand it either, I guess sometimes when things appear to be 'too good to be true'  actually it's a good deal :)

Maybe it's a Chinese New Year gift..  ;D

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5581 on: February 19, 2018, 09:06:36 pm »
What ever it was, I cashed in on it  :-DD Shame there was no T12 related items in their products, ah well, suppose we can't have everything.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Online gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #5582 on: February 19, 2018, 10:02:31 pm »
Raspberry Pi Zero W, cooling fan, and 2 breadboards.  :)

Offline Insatman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5583 on: February 20, 2018, 04:30:31 am »
My previously mentioned laser engraver has just died. I tried to strip out the control board and replace with my own, and the screw just won't loosen (tried WD40, tapping with hammer and plain brute force). The screws were hidden so it was impossible to un-tighten them without completely disassemble the entire thing, and the nuts were just too shitty that they strip easily before the screw can be loosen. I ended up sawing the PCB apart in hope to remove the screw by wiggling the corners of the cut PCB. The power saw jammed, with the blade hitting the PCB and the guard hitting the acrylic case, and completely shattered the acrylic wall.

So, think twice before buying another $129 laser engraver, at least if you want to modify it.

My next plan: build one from ground up with CNC aluminum parts and NEMA17 motors.

lol...I just ordered one here in philippines which looks like your's from the photos but was even cheaper...roughly $100.   It has yet to arrive.  I don't expect much...If it can engrave some text on plastic and wood I'll be happy.   If if can reproduce line art 1/2 decent that would be great.
Retired Pulsed Power Engineer/Physicist...now I just dabble in electronics

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #5584 on: February 20, 2018, 04:43:48 am »
URI,

Your ebay screename starts with "r" and ends with "a" and you have 333 tranactions? You bought the unit from ESSSurplus Item number:
352266411624? I forgot to follow up as auction as I got busy as it was ending and did not put $150 max, I was $105 max, you won it for $105.50 USD...

|O |O |O |O |O |O |O |O |O |O |O |O |O

Offline VEGETA

• Super Contributor
  • I am the cult of personality
    • Thundertronics
« Reply #5585 on: February 20, 2018, 06:24:59 am »
Where to get Pi0 for 5$ with free\cheap shipping option to Jordan? I only know Adafruit but they don't seem to offer cheap shipping.

Offline URI

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5586 on: February 20, 2018, 06:43:49 am »
URI,

Your ebay screename starts with "r" and ends with "a" and you have 333 tranactions? You bought the unit from ESSSurplus Item number:
352266411624? I forgot to follow up as auction as I got busy as it was ending and did not put $150 max, I was $105 max, you won it for $105.50 USD...

Nope, wasn't me, but sorry for you.

As I saidwrote before I was the only one to bid for my 6063B and it started and ended for $208..   :)
Calm down. There will be another one and it might go for less because the ones that outbid you before don't want/need another.   ^-^
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 06:47:55 am by URI »
A life without TEA is possible but pointless.

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #5587 on: February 20, 2018, 06:46:34 am »
Waiting for arrival:

Guildline 9576 6,5 digit Microprocessor Voltmeter.

“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5588 on: February 20, 2018, 07:53:30 am »
URI,

Perhaps used a snipper to bid at the last moment before the auction ended so your proxy bid ran out of time to counterbid?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
BLF A6 Special Edition Flashlight
« Reply #5589 on: February 20, 2018, 02:38:35 pm »
1600 lumen BLF A6 SE, a 18650 flashlight.  :P

The following users thanked this post: jonovid

Offline Jeroen3

• Super Contributor
  • Embedded Engineer
    • jeroen3.nl
« Reply #5590 on: February 20, 2018, 03:10:47 pm »
Is the 18650 replaceable? I've bought some of those flashlights and they weren't replaceable and a straight up fire hazard without any protections at all.

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #5591 on: February 20, 2018, 03:47:24 pm »
Is the 18650 replaceable? I've bought some of those flashlights and they weren't replaceable and a straight up fire hazard without any protections at all.

Of course, even the LED head, tail cap and the body are replaceable, like shorter body with different sized smaller LiIon cell. 18650 based flashlights with replaceable battery have been available for years.

This BLF A6 is community designed at Budget Light Forum, and sold exclusively by Banggood, and its on discounted price for 27 bucks. Just google for "BLF A6" for more info.

Its micro controller driven, and has different brightness setup and also memory function (the level you want when powered on), rather than have scroll thru different brightness sequence. It has battery level indicator too which I like, and etc misc features, all of these are accessible through the single tail clicky button. Even the firmware is upgradeable  ::), but I'm not interested, already feel content with current features.

From google
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 03:58:10 pm by BravoV »

The following users thanked this post: Jeroen3, julianhigginson

Offline Inverted18650

• Frequent Contributor
    • Test Gear Addicts
« Reply #5592 on: February 20, 2018, 09:53:54 pm »
URI, sorry man, guess everyone can tell, I am still steaming about that one. My apologies. Right after that loss, I found a badass BK 8614 and the guy wanted $1,000. I talked to him and all seemed well and the auction ended while I was saving my change to buy it. When he relisted it, the rpice soared to 1,550 and I couldnt get it. I blew my shot at getting it for $1,000 (well I didnt have the cash on the spot) and I am steaming about that one too...I need help!

Anyway, the Caddock thin film TF020R lot arrived today. I have ( ) qty of each the following values: (9)1k, (10)5k, (10)9k, (10)16k, (10)18k, (9)20k, (10)22k, (10)24k, (10)25k, (18)100k, (10)200k, (9)500k

Here are a few pics of a 1K (the first set I opened) on each range of the DMM. I have not calibrated the K2000 since I replaced the caps, I just reset it to factory specs and it looks pretty damn good. The 100K range shows 4-zero's but the lower range may be off a bit. Ill go through each range and use the most accurate resistors (and my GenRad decade box) with my 335A to generate precise CC as well...fun stuff ahead. Ill upload some video when I get a chance to run them a bunch of them.

I will gladly share a few sets of these with the members here. Just let me know and we can set it up.

edit 2-22-2018: I re-listed 6 lots today. Put it up for $100 OBO. ALL forum users, I will accept $20 per set, just send the bid. One of each expect the 100K, put (2)100K
heres the link:    https://www.ebay.com/itm/253445474469
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 03:18:54 am by Inverted18650 »

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5593 on: February 20, 2018, 10:29:26 pm »
A small quantity of Tellurium Copper binding posts - Ouch  :o
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline BU508A

• Super Contributor
  • Per aspera ad astra
« Reply #5594 on: February 21, 2018, 06:52:28 am »
A small quantity of Tellurium Copper binding posts - Ouch  :o

These ones, probably?

http://www.lowthermal.com/cables-and-connectors.php

Yeah, they are a bit pricy.  :o   ;D
“Chaos is found in greatest abundance wherever order is being sought. It always defeats order, because it is better organized.”            - Terry Pratchett -

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #5595 on: February 21, 2018, 07:24:59 am »
A few bits and bobs from Jaycar.
SMA adapter.
RJ45 tool and plugs.....no longer needing to borrow one.  :clap:
1.5m HDMI cable......was cheap.
Inline auto crimps.
A couple of caps 560pF and 150nF ......didn't have .....for a pass band filter for examples of the Bode plot function in SDS1004X-E DSO's.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline Insatman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5596 on: February 21, 2018, 09:17:02 am »
I bought the NewScope LCD replacement kit for my Tek784D recently and installed it today.   Took most of the day, not because of the kit really, but because some idiot working on this unit before me stripped out a couple of screws and left one of them broke off.  Getting them out and re-tapped took quite awhile.  The kit is pretty nice and very well packed.   No instructions included in the box but a pretty decent illustrated manual is on their website.  A few steps were missing but nothing major.  With the floppy drive replaced with one of those USB units the old girl should be with me for awhile longer.   The only downside is the price...$350.   I paid about $450 for the scope last June which is a deal here in Philippines if you can find one at all. 

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5597 on: February 21, 2018, 09:24:07 am »
  With the floppy drive replaced with one of those USB units the old girl should be with me for awhile longer.
Do you have a link for that USB unit? My TDS744 may need that.

Offline Insatman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5598 on: February 21, 2018, 09:38:39 am »
  With the floppy drive replaced with one of those USB units the old girl should be with me for awhile longer.
Do you have a link for that USB unit? My TDS744 may need that.
I bought it quite awhile ago on Ebay...but here is a new listing of the same item   https://www.ebay.com/itm/Slim-Floppy-drive-Emulator-Tektronix-Oscilloscopes-1-44mb-26-FFC-1mm-Pitch/291291990998?epid=1254493285&hash=item43d25b0bd6:g:Zr8AAOSwopRYd0oS

Operation is not like the PC emulators, so be aware of that.  There is only one floppy image stored on the USB stick and you don't have to format it special.   The instructions are typical badly translated but once you get how it works it's reliable and fairly easy to use.  Cost is $95 plus shipping.   I know the slim pc emulators are much cheaper but they don't work.  I bought one first and gave up trying to make it work.   I suspect that you could buy a slimline PC emulator and mod it, but I don't have the patience to bother.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5599 on: February 21, 2018, 09:49:36 am »
3 lots and Several Boxes of miscellaneous 'stuff' from evilbay from the one seller. RF adapters antenna loads of all sorts, BNC plugs Type N connectors and a very large 'Lucky Dip Electronics Box' (sellers description  ;D )

It's an eclectic mix the last lot eBay auction: #202228382272
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:57:06 am by beanflying »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf