Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2792752 times)

Offline Elasia

• Frequent Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #6125 on: April 15, 2018, 12:50:45 am »
Latest item.. needed more storage

Offline NivagSwerdna

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6126 on: April 15, 2018, 04:15:14 pm »
A thing of beauty... but it does have some problems... specifically the on-screen dialogs show black boxes but the white dialog text in the boxes is missing.

This will be ideal for my arcade custom chip reverse engineering
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 07:43:32 am by NivagSwerdna »

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6127 on: April 18, 2018, 01:22:12 pm »
I collected my LCR meter from the post office yesterday. £20.50 customs charge! Robbing gits!!  :wtf:

Anyways....

« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 01:33:14 pm by Terry01 »
Sparks and Smoke means i'm nearly there!

Offline bob225

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6128 on: April 18, 2018, 01:32:02 pm »
Nothing of real interest.............

3N and 6N VHR female plugs (pins coming from another supplier)

I'm wait for delivery of a ink cartridge and a pair of Sienhiesser Earbuds from amazon

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6129 on: April 18, 2018, 01:32:32 pm »
These came as well this week but I can't mind what came on what day..... ???

Offline medical-nerd

• Regular Contributor
  • What's that coming over the hill?
« Reply #6130 on: April 18, 2018, 01:33:31 pm »
Hiya

My collected my LCR meter from the post office yesterday. £20.50 customs charge! Robbing gits!!  :wtf:

Anyways....

Thanks for this - I've been looking at getting one of these for a while but didn't know if it would bypass customs/VAT etc as much from China does. I'll have a rethink as that is a significant charge. Did you get it from Japan?

Cheers
'better to burn out than fade away'

Offline bob225

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6131 on: April 18, 2018, 02:39:43 pm »
I collected my LCR meter from the post office yesterday. £20.50 customs charge! Robbing gits!!  :wtf:

Anyways....

I did some electrical work on a car and the women said she would pay me in two weeks or ive got this new thingy in a box my ex left.........

Only turned out to be a brand new Megger LCR with its sales invoice (invoice was folded up and tucked in the back of the manual)

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6132 on: April 18, 2018, 11:03:26 pm »
Hiya

My collected my LCR meter from the post office yesterday. £20.50 customs charge! Robbing gits!!  :wtf:

Anyways....

Thanks for this - I've been looking at getting one of these for a while but didn't know if it would bypass customs/VAT etc as much from China does. I'll have a rethink as that is a significant charge. Did you get it from Japan?

Cheers

Yes Japan buddy.

I remember when I was looking at getting 1 and researching them I read/or heard(can't remember) that the ones sold from China weren't as good as the ones from Japan. I can't remember the reason but I for sure was swayed to the Japanese sellers. I'll try and find where i heard that and let you know.
I also did the kelvin clips upgrade and would recommend that too if for no other reason than the longer leads are so much more usable. The guy on YouTube who first did the video of the upgrade did it for more accuracy too but i don't need that kind of precision myself.
I would recommend getting 1!

Good luck however you decide to go...

The following users thanked this post: medical-nerd

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #6133 on: April 19, 2018, 01:40:45 am »
I also did the Kelvin clip upgrade and it is well worth it for the longer cables alone.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline URI

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6134 on: April 19, 2018, 05:13:40 am »
I did not buy an HP 54616B. Nearly $350 it was going for on *bay was too high in my opinion.  :(
A life without TEA is possible but pointless.

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6135 on: April 19, 2018, 05:28:05 am »
I did not buy an HP 54616B. Nearly $350 it was going for on *bay was too high in my opinion.  :(

We're talking about the 500MHz scope that runs in EU for 700-1000EUR+ and the mainboard only is 350$+ in US ?
You should have told about it to us I think.

DC1MC

There one for 100USD in Israel, but it had an encounter with a Merkava tank  :-DD

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6136 on: April 19, 2018, 01:45:24 pm »
I also did the Kelvin clip upgrade and it is well worth it for the longer cables alone.

The croc clips that come with the meter are decent quality too so I will probably join them up with some decent leads so they won't go to waste. I have just not long made a set of croc clips up that I would have used them for but i'll just need to make another set now  :D
The tip broke of one of said probes so I just cut both the probes off and used the leads with a pair of croc clips I had and it ended up being a decent set of clips. Very handy  8)

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #6137 on: April 19, 2018, 03:53:52 pm »

The croc clips that come with the meter are decent quality too so I will probably join them up with some decent leads so they won't go to waste. I have just not long made a set of croc clips up that I would have used them for but i'll just need to make another set now  :D
The tip broke of one of said probes so I just cut both the probes off and used the leads with a pair of croc clips I had and it ended up being a decent set of clips. Very handy  8)

They are decent.  I have them floating around here somewhere.  Someday I might even find them. :palm:
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline URI

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6138 on: April 19, 2018, 08:03:29 pm »

We're talking about the 500MHz scope that runs in EU for 700-1000EUR+ and the mainboard only is 350$+ in US ?

C'mon!
It's from HP.   >:D   :popcorn:
And it's a 500MHz Scope with 2GSa/s -so it's actually a 200MHz to 300MHz Scope compared to today's standard. Ok, with an 500MHz analog front end.
I remember 4-Channel Philips 200MHz scopes with 200MSa/s that where (and occasionally are) offered for weird prices of modern 200MHz scopes..  :palm:

BTW, offered was a model without any option!

Reality check:
The last one sold on *ebay went for EUR 430,00 in Germany.
But prices of sold ones in the US start at  US $232,50 for a unit with extra storage, FFT and HPIB option and end at US $675,75.

You should have told about it to us I think.
I will only tell you about after acquiring one for a nice low price. Everything else would be counterproductive, I think.  ;)

There one for 100USD in Israel, but it had an encounter with a Merkava tank  :-DD

It's offered for parts. The question is: In how many parts does the mainboard come?  :-DD
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 08:07:58 pm by URI »
A life without TEA is possible but pointless.

Offline MosherIV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6139 on: April 19, 2018, 08:45:49 pm »
Just arrived........an isolatiin transformer

Offline FrankE

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6140 on: April 19, 2018, 08:47:59 pm »
Not today, a couple of years ago.

Dupont ribbon 2.54mm connector pitch

Utter garbage. Although kept in a sealed box of bits with a silica gel bag, I needed a flexible conductor for a repair,  went through three assemblies trying to find one conductor that wasn't heavily oxidised. |O

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6141 on: April 19, 2018, 09:14:33 pm »

Strange but I would have thought it should come with a normal 13A socket on it, mine did?
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6142 on: April 19, 2018, 09:27:33 pm »

They are decent.  I have them floating around here somewhere.  Someday I might even find them. :palm:

As long as you don't find them by accident 1 day!  :wtf:

:)

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6143 on: April 19, 2018, 09:28:22 pm »
This came today  :)

Offline McBryce

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6144 on: April 20, 2018, 06:55:37 am »

Strange but I would have thought it should come with a normal 13A socket on it, mine did?

That's a "building site isolation transformer" where most equipment has to have that type of plug and not a standard 13A socket.

McBryce.
30 Years making cars more difficult to repair.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #6145 on: April 20, 2018, 08:28:27 am »
For no real reason at all other than I needed cheering up. 160V death string of Fast Blinky RGB led's and a few high voltage drivers arrived today along with a bunch of other stuff  ;D

https://youtu.be/VTqHWEWhpfc
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6146 on: April 20, 2018, 08:32:00 am »

That's a "building site isolation transformer" where most equipment has to have that type of plug and not a standard 13A socket.

McBryce.
Thought building sites had to be 110V and have a yellow socket?

From mobile device so predictive text might have struck again [emoji83]

Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline Terry01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6147 on: April 20, 2018, 08:50:40 am »

McBryce.
Thought building sites had to be 110V and have a yellow socket?

From mobile device so predictive text might have struck again [emoji83]

That is for sure a "240V-110V building site transformer" for plumbers and electricians and folks like that to work from. In the UK all powered hand tools and things like that have to be 110V on the sites.

Offline gamalot

• Super Contributor
  • Correct my English
    • Youtube
« Reply #6148 on: April 20, 2018, 12:06:58 pm »
2 x 1GB DIMMs for my R&S SFU.  :)

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6149 on: April 20, 2018, 04:09:48 pm »
A CRT "rejuvenator" LEADER LCT-910A for HP8560 SA for a ridiculous small price, before I'll invest in the LCD kit, I want to make sure that all is OK and try to clean this guy cathode. If it works it will be a plast
The I'm gonna be rich or at least famous, offering the service to people around Mannheim or whoever pays for the travel and some tasty stuff :-DD
In the meantime the obligatory tear-down and calibration will follow soon.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf