Author Topic: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!  (Read 2754078 times)

Emo and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline sotos

• Frequent Contributor
Re: What did you buy today? Post your latest purchase!
« Reply #6950 on: August 09, 2018, 10:00:21 pm »
A new toy for my lab

Nice soft fingers you have over there, buttons or touch screen will last forever.  :-+

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #6951 on: August 10, 2018, 02:20:26 am »
I wish my hands looked half as good.  Wrinkles, ugly knuckles from punching hard crap in my younger days and too many scars from more stupid crap.  Those can't be man's hands, they are too pretty.  Must be a manikin.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6952 on: August 10, 2018, 12:16:54 pm »
Those can't be man's hands, they are too pretty.  Must be a manikin.

Hand model.

I went on a date once with a hand model. She showed me her portfolio of ads her hands were in. True story.

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6953 on: August 10, 2018, 01:40:09 pm »

Hand model.

I went on a date once with a hand model. She showed me her portfolio of ads her hands were in. True story.
Only in America, did she have them insured for an insane amount  :-DD
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #6954 on: August 10, 2018, 02:44:48 pm »

Hand model.

My hands would be a model of what NOT to do to your hands. :-DD  Mrs GreyWoolfe is funny when it comes to my hands.  She says I have ginormous 2 year old hands and she thinks they are cute. |O
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Online Messtechniker

• Frequent Contributor
  • Old analog audio hand - No voodoo.
« Reply #6955 on: August 10, 2018, 05:13:18 pm »
Was looking for a 6 mm spindle bushing like the one in fig. 1
Just bought one like in fig. 2. Its a Mentor 729.
Fruther details in figs. 3 to 6

I like them. Nice, as the bushing provides a tight fit.  :-+
Front dia. is 5.8 mm preventing pot axle slip-through. :-+
Agilent 34465A, Siglent SDG 2042X, Hameg HMO1022, R&S HMC 8043, Peaktech 2025A, Voltcraft VC 940, M-Audio Audiophile 192, R&S Psophometer UPGR, 3 Transistor Testers, DL4JAL Transistor Curve Tracer, UT622E LCR meter

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6956 on: August 10, 2018, 07:21:21 pm »

Hand model.

Absolutely not an “only in America” thing! Insurance is big business everywhere. But you’ve never seen people who insure as much as the Swiss. Some years ago, it made the headlines when an insurance company here began offering insurance against winning at golf, because the custom for that particular type of win is to buy a round for the whole clubhouse, and with Swiss drink prices, that could be quite expensive!  :-DD

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6957 on: August 10, 2018, 08:35:52 pm »

Hand model.

Absolutely not an “only in America” thing! Insurance is big business everywhere. But you’ve never seen people who insure as much as the Swiss. Some years ago, it made the headlines when an insurance company here began offering insurance against winning at golf, because the custom for that particular type of win is to buy a round for the whole clubhouse, and with Swiss drink prices, that could be quite expensive!  :-DD
That would be far cheaper to make sure that you didn't win a round of golf and thats easy enough to do instead of insuring against it.
Who let Murphy in?

Brymen-Fluke-HP-Thurlby-Thander-Tek-Extech-Black Star-GW-Avo-Kyoritsu-Amprobe-ITT-Robin-TTi

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6958 on: August 10, 2018, 08:40:09 pm »
I thought it was for scoring a hole in one (whatever that's called), harder not to do that accidentally.
Best Regards, Chris

Offline BillB

• Supporter
« Reply #6959 on: August 10, 2018, 10:14:20 pm »
I took off work today to get all my weekend chores done in anticipation of a couple of new toys arriving.  Get all my stuff done, just as the delivery man drops off a few packages at my door.  I whisk them inside, unbox them, find suitable homes and turn them on.  I'm ready to tinker for the whole weekend! 

Just then, the wife calls: her car broke down.  I limp it home into the garage where it awaits diagnosis/repair.   Son of a .... |O

The following users thanked this post: tautech

Offline Specmaster

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6960 on: August 10, 2018, 10:43:39 pm »
Very nice toys, whats the small one the left?
Who let Murphy in?

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #6961 on: August 10, 2018, 11:00:45 pm »
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

The following users thanked this post: BillB

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6962 on: August 10, 2018, 11:09:03 pm »
Just then, the wife calls: her car broke down.  I limp it home into the garage where it awaits diagnosis/repair.   Son of a .... |O   
Ouch, that sucks.  :(

Always seems life tosses something like this in the way of ones plans though.   :o  :-DD

Offline Silveruser

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6963 on: August 10, 2018, 11:18:33 pm »
I bought a Wildfire UV flashlight via Amazon - not really sure if I should plug the charger in.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6964 on: August 11, 2018, 04:12:39 am »
Got The Author to sign The VNA Book at a Keysight seminar   8)

Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

The following users thanked this post: julianhigginson

Offline scuzzyTerminator

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6965 on: August 11, 2018, 04:16:47 am »
BB830 breadboards

Interesting. Julian Ilett has a video comparing MB-102s with similar (he calls) "fake" versions.

He compares the clips to show how poorly they open up on the fakes. The fakes are easily distinguished by the uppercase lettering and oddly placed numbering starting from "0."

I have bought a small pile of MB-102s for about US$2 from ali, selecting only those with the lowercase lettering and they all have nicely shaped clips.

So, I'm wondering which kind of MB-102s you have been frustrated with?

Your BB830s have the uppercase lettering but proper numbering so they are something else.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 04:29:39 am by scuzzyTerminator »

Offline scuzzyTerminator

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6966 on: August 11, 2018, 04:46:15 am »
While I'm on the breadboard subject, I've also been collecting hoarding a dozen of the cheap 140x jumper wire kits from ali.  Yesterday my storage box arrived.

Here's what 1680 jumpers look like.

Also, my crimpers and strippers arrived today.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 09:23:45 pm by scuzzyTerminator »

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6967 on: August 11, 2018, 05:13:09 am »
I wish somebody would make those pre-cut jumper wires with all the lengths in a box the same color. When every length is a different color, color coding becomes hopeless.

edit:

I just checked the mailbox and there was a package inside from Alice. $20 worth of cheap toys. I was too lazy to take a picture, so here is a collage made from the "shipped" notification email.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 09:01:57 pm by rdl »

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6968 on: August 11, 2018, 09:56:25 pm »
Could you point the seller for the Crippers, please ?

Offline scuzzyTerminator

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6969 on: August 11, 2018, 11:49:59 pm »

Gladly because I had some trouble getting them. My first order never arrived (ali was very good with a refund) and I cancelled my second attempt because the seller was taking days just to ship (again, no real problem but by then I've waited pretty long.)

Thirds a charm arriving in 18 days. So I'm happy with this seller.

Electronic DIY Club
multitool Wire Crimpers Ratcheting Terminal Crimping Pliers Wire Ferrule Crimper Tool Cord End Terminals Pliers Kit
US $68.38  $34.19

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/multitool-Wire-Crimpers-Ratcheting-Terminal-Crimping-Pliers-Wire-Ferrule-Crimper-Tool-Cord-End-Terminals-Pliers-Kit/32850426579.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dhzBaVg

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #6970 on: August 12, 2018, 08:11:52 pm »

Gladly because I had some trouble getting them. My first order never arrived (ali was very good with a refund) and I cancelled my second attempt because the seller was taking days just to ship (again, no real problem but by then I've waited pretty long.)

Thirds a charm arriving in 18 days. So I'm happy with this seller.

Electronic DIY Club
multitool Wire Crimpers Ratcheting Terminal Crimping Pliers Wire Ferrule Crimper Tool Cord End Terminals Pliers Kit
US $68.38  $34.19

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/multitool-Wire-Crimpers-Ratcheting-Terminal-Crimping-Pliers-Wire-Ferrule-Crimper-Tool-Cord-End-Terminals-Pliers-Kit/32850426579.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dhzBaVg

I just got the same kit from Banggood but for $2 more, came pretty quick, too.  I like the strippers, they don't put a crimp in the insulation like the other cheap strippers I was using.  I haven't tried the crimpers yet.  If they work as good as the strippers, it was money well spent.

Offline URI

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6971 on: August 15, 2018, 04:56:41 am »
I ordered two sets of HP feet (four each) with stand a few days ago.
Yesterday the DHL-man delivered to me four feet and four stands.  :palm:
A life without TEA is possible but pointless.

Offline Gary350z

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6972 on: August 16, 2018, 09:56:22 am »
I bought a Sony Watchman FD-10A. It's a 2 inch diagonal black and white portable TV that has a CRT. The CRT is unique in that it is flat and bends the electron beam 90 degrees to make it hit the screen (similar to the CRT pictured, but smaller). It is an analog TV and can no longer receive TV broadcasts because all the analog stations have gone off the air. I hooked it's antenna up to the TV output of an old VCR and it still works good (see picture).

It was manufactured in 1988 and cost about $220 back then. I bought it brand new in the box for $35 from ebay. It's 30 years old, perfect condition, and still works! :-+

Edit: the beam does not bend 90 degrees.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 03:52:52 pm by Gary350z »

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6973 on: August 16, 2018, 01:36:23 pm »
The CRT is unique in that it is flat, and bends the electron beam 90 degrees to make it hit the screen (similar to the CRT pictured, but smaller).

Although it looks like it, it doesn't bend the beam 90o

Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

The following users thanked this post: Gary350z

Offline richnormand

• Supporter
« Reply #6974 on: August 16, 2018, 08:31:35 pm »
I bought a Sony Watchman FD-10A. It's a 2 inch diagonal black and white portable TV that has a CRT. The CRT is unique in that it is flat and bends the electron beam 90 degrees to make it hit the screen (similar to the CRT pictured, but smaller). It is an analog TV and can no longer receive TV broadcasts because all the analog stations have gone off the air. I hooked it's antenna up to the TV output of an old VCR and it still works good (see picture).

It was manufactured in 1988 and cost about $220 back then. I bought it brand new in the box for $35 from ebay. It's 30 years old, perfect condition, and still works! :-+

Well that brings back memories!

Repair, Renew, Reuse, Recycle, Rebuild, Reduce, Recover, Repurpose, Restore, Refurbish, Recondition, Renovate

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf