Author Topic: What is it with this Rossmann guy? (also, YouTube)  (Read 24795 times)

Offline JoeN

• Frequent Contributor
  • We Buy Trannies By The Truckload
Re: What is it with this Rossmann guy? (also, YouTube)
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2017, 11:00:53 pm »
How do you get banned from a Youtube channel?  I always go to Youtube anonymously and my IP changes practically every time I reboot my router.  I've never been successfully banned from anywhere.
Have You Been Triggered Today?

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2017, 11:06:30 pm »
How do you get banned from a Youtube channel?  I always go to Youtube anonymously and my IP changes practically every time I reboot my router.  I've never been successfully banned from anywhere.
To comment you need an account and these can be banned. If you just watch without logging in, nothing can happen.

Offline JoeN

• Frequent Contributor
  • We Buy Trannies By The Truckload
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2017, 11:09:00 pm »
To comment you need an account and these can be banned. If you just watch without logging in, nothing can happen.

That is what I thought.  I guess I don't care to comment so badly that I need to give Youtube a bunch of information about myself.  F Google.  F Youtube.
Have You Been Triggered Today?

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2017, 11:25:50 pm »
Is there even the smallest chance that some (would have to be deep-pocketed) company that wants to silence Mr. Rossmann has hired a professional online firm that is using pro sock puppet techniques to conceal his message, whatever it is, behind a curtain of noise?

????

Those firms' services don't come cheaply but they are the cutting edge in disinformation and online spin.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 01:00:00 am »
Considering the potential for aggressive discussion, I will only make one post on this subject - however, I do make it because of the seriousness of that subject.

It is founded on the admission:
I'm banned as well. I'm not sure why, probably some asinine comment I posted while drunk, as practically everyone does on a bad day.
... and everything which is revealed in it.

Not everyone who has a bad day turns to their drug of choice to hide from their woes.  (and, yes, argue all you like, but alcohol is a drug no matter how loud or long you may want to complain.)  While I am not going to crusade the evils of such indulgence, I do draw the line in regards to how far the effects extend.  Keep it within the bounds of your private space and I will not bother you - but bring it into the world where the rest of us live and then you and I may have a problem...

Nevertheless, the fact is that someone on the internet slapped you on the wrist - very lightly, I may add - and you came here for what can only be interpreted as wanting to have you bruised ego propped up by our support.  Here is where my problem with you begins.......

While I concede that people do silly things when "under the influence" I can understand that as the reason - but I cannot accept that as an excuse.  If you do something silly and are embarrassed by it, then I hope you learn from it - but if you choose to try and excuse yourself from the responsibility of that silliness because you were drunk, then you represent a risk to society.  Some of those risks are minor - such as falling asleep in the back of a car - others are less so - like falling asleep in the driver's seat.

Here is where I have the biggest problem - and it comes from a real-life, personal experience...

Some years ago I knew a young couple who were the sort of people you would be happy to know.  They were kind, helpful and had a bright future ahead of them.  That was until they were travelling along a motorway here in Sydney one night.  A drunk had got behind the wheel and ended up travelling down an exit ramp and entered the motorway going the wrong way.  This drunk then collided head on with the couple.  They both died and the drunk survived.

From what followed, it was clear the drunk wanted to claim his drunkenness as an excuse for his actions... just like you have.

What underlines this as a real problem is the fact that you feel the need to include "practically everyone" in your search for support.  This is bullshit.  I've had my share of "bad days".  Burying a 4 week old son was one - but I never reached for a bottle to hide in.  The truth is, in my experience, the vast majority of people who have "bad days" don't get drunk.  They go for a run, spend time with their family, lose themselves in a hobby or do some gardening.  There are a lot of options that don't involve drunkenness - but I understand there are some that head straight for the bottle.

If there is a background where PTSD or some other major problem has become an issue, then seek help.  It is not fair on everyone else around you to have to put up with the consequences if you don't.

I can deal with a great many things that people do - when they accept the responsibility that goes with it, but seeking to hide behind the bottle is, in my book, beyond contempt.

If anyone feels that I have made accusations against someone about actions that have never been perpetrated by that person, then you have missed my point.  They may have never been involved in such things ... but the same attitude as theirs has.

As a post script to the above, I have never seen the sense in getting drunk.  I have seen others who have written themselves off and one I saw in the street who was, quite literally, legless.  Even with a friend trying to help and a building to lean on, this guy simply could not get his legs to stay under his torso.  Why???  Another time I had a 23 y.o. working for me and somehow the discussion got onto drinking.  He could simply not believe that I had never been "off my face".  It was a concept that was completely outside his comprehension.  When I asked him why would you, his response was a very convincing ... "B.. B... Because!"   :palm:

For those who may think I am strange, I have had the odd drink - but I have never really found the taste of any of it to my liking.  As a result, if I go out for "drinks" with some co-workers, my drink of choice is a lemon squash.  The first time I did this in one employ, my boss was getting a round and when he asked my what I was having, I said "a lemon squash".  His face screwed up as if I had just shoved a dog turd in his face - but I said "I'm here to enjoy a drink with the team.  I will enjoy a lemon squash."  He got used to the idea pretty quickly.

Edit: Spelling
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:43:54 pm by Brumby »

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, wraper, Richard Crowley, Mickster, karpouzi9

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 01:25:47 am »
asinine comment I posted while drunk, as practically everyone does on a bad day

No, practically everybody does not.

The first step is admitting you have a problem as they say.
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2017, 09:44:54 am »
He bans people left and right. So much so that his channel has taken a serious hit.

I'm banned as well. I'm not sure why, probably some asinine comment I posted while drunk, as practically everyone does on a bad day.

What, exactly, did you write?
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline shteii01

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2017, 10:16:20 am »
You have to remember the first rule of civilized behavior:  keep your pie hole SHUT.
Nobody cares if you are drunk or not.
Nobody cares if you are having a bad day or not.

The following users thanked this post: nugglix, Mickster

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2017, 11:10:11 am »
Drive drunk and you get banned
Hit someone while drunk and you get slammed in jail
Defame or slander someone on line while drunk and get banned seems fair to me. :horse:

The following users thanked this post: nugglix, Mickster

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2017, 12:27:37 pm »
He bans people left and right. So much so that his channel has taken a serious hit.

No, it hasn't, he's doing great:
https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/rossmanngroup/monthly
Not a single day with negative subscribers, and views have been consistent for more than a year.

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 12:32:48 pm »
Now that's just spoiling somebody's whinge.  Of all things ... using facts!

Offline Old Don

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 12:50:55 pm »
Louis posts a lot of videos and gets a lots of feedback. I'm not sure how he does both! He's doesn't have time to baby sit each person vying for attention. There's lots of people hiding behind the computer screen posting less than nice retorts to just about anything somebody writes just to score points in their own minds. It gets old after awhile and banning is natures way of curing having to put up with flamers. Life's just too short to have to put up with the buttheads of the world. So sitting in front of of a monitor late at night and feeling snarky can lead to posts that come across a lot stronger than intended. What might seem to be a witty retort can feel like bullying to the receiver. So it pays to think twice, write once and also try to figure out what  the other person will read vs. what you think you wrote. It also pays to write a few constructive replies so the receiver knows you a bit better before attempting to post a wise-ass retort, then the other person can use better judgement in guessing if it's humor or a flamer at the other end.

Though the Code of the West was always unwritten, here is a “loose” list of some of the guidelines:

Don’t inquire into a person’s past. Take the measure of a man for what he is today.
    Never steal another man’s horse. A horse thief pays with his life.
    Defend yourself whenever necessary.
    Look out for your own.
    Remove your guns before sitting at the dining table.
    Never order anything weaker than whiskey.
    Don’t make a threat without expecting dire consequences.
    Never pass anyone on the trail without saying “Howdy”.
    When approaching someone from behind, give a loud greeting before you get within shooting range.
    Don’t wave at a man on a horse, as it might spook the horse. A nod is the proper greeting.
    After you pass someone on the trail, don’t look back at him.  It implies you don’t trust him.
    Riding another man’s horse without his permission is nearly as bad as making love to his wife.  Never even bother another man’s horse.
    Always fill your whiskey glass to the brim.
    A cowboy doesn’t talk much; he saves his breath for breathing.
    No matter how weary and hungry you are after a long day in the saddle, always tend to your horse’s needs before your own, and get your horse some feed before you eat.
    Cuss all you want, but only around men, horses and cows.
    Complain about the cooking and you become the cook.
    Always drink your whiskey with your gun hand, to show your friendly intentions.
    Do not practice ingratitude.
    A cowboy is pleasant even when out of sorts. Complaining is what quitters do, and cowboys hate quitters.
    Always be courageous. Cowards aren’t tolerated in any outfit worth its salt.
    A cowboy always helps someone in need, even a stranger or an enemy.
    Never try on another man’s hat.
    Be hospitable to strangers. Anyone who wanders in, including an enemy, is welcome at the dinner table. The same was true for riders who joined cowboys on the range.
    Give your enemy a fighting chance.
    Never wake another man by shaking or touching him, as he might wake suddenly and shoot you.
    Real cowboys are modest.  A braggert who is “all gurgle and no guts” is not tolerated.
    Be there for a friend when he needs you.
    Drinking on duty is grounds for instant dismissal and blacklisting.
    A cowboy is loyal to his “brand,” to his friends, and those he rides with.
    Never shoot an unarmed or unwarned enemy. This was also known as “the rattlesnake code”: always warn before you strike. However, if a man was being stalked, this could   be ignored.
    Never shoot a woman no matter what.
    Consideration for others is central to the code, such as: Don’t stir up dust around the chuck wagon, don’t wake up the wrong man for herd duty, etc.
    Respect the land and the environment by not smoking in hazardous fire areas, disfiguring rocks, trees, or other natural areas.
    Honesty is absolute – your word is your bond, a handshake is more binding than a contract.
    Live by the Golden Rule.
Retired - Formerly: Navy ET, University of Buffalo Electronic Tech, Field Engineer and former laptop repair business owner

The following users thanked this post: Jwalling, Yansi, denimdragon

Offline Gregg

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 05:50:23 pm »
The most basic rules to live by from the Dalai Lama:
“Follow the three R’s:
   Respect for self,
   Respect for others
   Responsibility for all your actions”

Sprok has failed miserably at all three

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, nugglix, Mickster

Offline Corporate666

• Supporter
  • Remember, you are unique, just like everybody else
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 11:22:05 pm »
To the OP:

Obviously you do care, and you care a lot - since you came to this forum to complain about it.  I don't go into restaurants that I had a bad experience in and tell them I won't be coming back - I just don't go back.  I don't wage wars against them either, because I don't have the time in my life for that, nor do I have the desire to harbor so much resentment and hatred over ridiculous issues like that.

You ought to do the same.

We all have the freedom to associate with whomever we want - or not.  Louis is under no obligation to listen to your crap, and the only thing this thread has done is to have given Louis more exposure and to illustrate to other members on this forum exactly why you were banned.

You're a stubborn know-it-all egomaniac that can't accept that he could make a mistake and isn't wanted.  We all have our flaws, but nobody is going to join your crusade against Louis and you're not going to get much sympathy.

And, really, who in the *F* cares about being unable to comment on freaking YouTube videos for a video creator they think is a fool!?!?  YouTube comments are the cesspool of the internet at the best of times... but you're not even banned from watching his vidoes or commenting on other videos. 

Time to get a grip!
It's not always the most popular person who gets the job done.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 11:24:36 pm »
Though I agree with the rest: not going back to a restaurant, rather than going back and sharing your disappointment makes it hard for that restaurant to improve. I rather have customers coming back, allowing me to correct a mistake or at least learn from it, than that they'd stay away forever, without me ever knowing why.

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2017, 11:37:26 pm »
I understand that principle - and I have tried to explain it to a few people in situations I have encountered ... but I have to ask you this:

What is better for your restaurant: Having a drunk whinge and whine, annoying others trying to enjoy their meal or kicking him out so everyone else can eat in peace?

The following users thanked this post: Frank, Ian.M, nugglix, Mickster, buck converter

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2017, 04:07:21 am »
asinine comment I posted while drunk, as practically everyone does on a bad day

I will join your crusade bro ... trust me.

Before that, I must be sure that you have the balls to share here that "asinine comment" you had posted, I mean in details word by word, you know dude, the devil is in the details.  >:D

The following users thanked this post: sprok

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2017, 04:12:08 am »

I have seen others who have written themselves off and one I saw in the street who was, quite literally, legless.
No, he was only figuratively speaking, legless, as you reveal that he was not a double amputee in the next sentence.  :D

Even with a friend trying to help and a building to lean on, this guy simply could not get his legs to stay under his torso.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2017, 04:27:03 am »
Louis is a good guy, and if he banned, you I'm sure it's for good reason. Something about "suffer no fools".

I've never been a subscriber to  that Philosophy
I've known quite a few smart people with such an attitude, & in my opinion, it is a character flaw, not a thousand miles from vanity, & a close cousin of pomposity.

A long standing Australian Prime Minister , Sir Robert Menzies, commented to a colleague one day

"You know, I don't suffer fools gladly."

The reply came from the colleague , a crusty old backbencher of many years service.

" Well, Bob, us bloody fools don't suffer you gladly,either!"

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2017, 04:54:24 am »

I have seen others who have written themselves off and one I saw in the street who was, quite literally, legless.
No, he was only figuratively speaking, legless, as you reveal that he was not a double amputee in the next sentence.  :D

Even with a friend trying to help and a building to lean on, this guy simply could not get his legs to stay under his torso.

I've seen double amputees with far more physical ability than this character - but I take your point.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2017, 05:01:32 am »
Maybe paid trolls are deliberately trying to get his goat.
?

One of the most common ways pro sock puppets destroy intelligent conversations on issues is they descend on threads and have endless conversations with one another off topic. Some people have theorized they may use two Eliza bots.

It makes intelligent conversations impossible, replacing discussion with long threads of garbage, a particular characteristic 'echo chamber' look that may semantically seem like correct grammar but which makes no sense in the context of the set of facts they want to drown out discussion of.

. Around 2010 it seems their tactics changed to use that approach less.. Seems they got most of what they wanted.. Kind of like the Borg.

But when pockets of resistance are found, it is still done.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 05:14:42 am by cdev »
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2017, 05:18:31 am »
I understand that principle - and I have tried to explain it to a few people in situations I have encountered ... but I have to ask you this:

What is better for your restaurant: Having a drunk whinge and whine, annoying others trying to enjoy their meal or kicking him out so everyone else can eat in peace?
Who says anything about whinge and whine? It just seems people keep their objections to themselves often, leading to no net improvement at all. If you tell people about the problem you're having, they may very well rectify it. If you just keep it to yourself, there is no chance of improvement. It doesn't help future guests either.

I've seen it often enough. You go out to correct or improve on something and then people suddenly comment they've had that problem for months or even years. If they would have come to me right away, it probably would have been fixed rather quickly. Somehow it seems to surprise people I'm not omnipotent.

Offline medical-nerd

• Regular Contributor
  • What's that coming over the hill?
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2017, 09:16:52 am »
Hiya

Wow - so many comments, this must be an interesting thread on a controversial person - so I thought.
Seriously - someone got drunk and banned from a youtube channel that I didn't even know existed and now is on a self righteous crusade to justify himself with (paraphrasing) ' I must be allowed to comment because obviously it is constructive criticism essential to be read and acted upon to improve the content', and won't even post what caused him to be banned. Jeeze.
Rant over.

Cheers
'better to burn out than fade away'

Offline Jwalling

• Supporter
  • This is work?
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2017, 09:34:00 am »

[crickets]
I guess Sprok has left the building. :(
Jay

System error. Strike any user to continue.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2017, 11:24:04 am »

[crickets]
I guess Sprok has left the building. :(
Well, maybe not. I've seen a new thread appear on the General Chat section asking "how do I delete my account?"  :-DD

Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf