Author Topic: What is this laser-coating-ion-sputtering-sprayer-metal-deposting equipment ?  (Read 2991 times)

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
Boilers might need descaling from time to time, but they are not going to use dynamite. The goal is to clean the boiler, not blow it up  ;D

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
I don't see why he would lie about it. I even asked if they were worried about stress fractures and he claimed it was calculated. The idea was up time and cost. It made the manual work much faster after the explosives basically cleaned it off.

I am still going to take his word over everything because I know how much BS and lies there are in industries anyway. Whatever you want man I just get information from people.

Oh man and if you wanna hear about chemical industry shit being shady, talk to some people that worked with agent orange logistics/acquisition and use in the military during Vietnam. And pesticide stuff in eastern europe right now.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:28:24 am by coppercone2 »

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
I work in a lab that uses ~ 40 PSI steam to power undergraduate experiments for a class.  Steam and High Pressure Hot Water  is awesome for transferring heat long distances. In our case, much more convenient then electric heaters.

Seven  Kilowatts worth of energy fits through a simple 1/4" steel line for the last few feet and the safety protocols are much easier then trusting 130 students per day with taking care of three phase heating elements around a vast amount of water that is boiled for the pilot plant training.

Steve

What's the heat used for? With a name like LaserSteve you automatically get credibility in my book.

Yeah in that second video he's not even wearing gloves. Seems stupid considering lasers bounce off silver objects and once treated with the laser the metal becomes very shiny. I'm actually surprised that it works on the shiny metal, or maybe that's how they get the laser to only take off surface deposits and it stops when it get to the shiny metal.

Does wavelength play a part in what kinds of material you can cut/treat? Cool thing about organic materials is that even a piece that is clear can be cut since it breaks down into a black color, provided you have a small spec of dust to start the process going. My thought was that a silver surface was impervious to lasers. Those lasers seem purple which is how IR looks on digital cameras, so IR laser maybe? OR is it a purple/UV laser?

Since IR is basically heat and heat is what does the work in cutting I never understood why shorter colors work at cutting, often times better. MY blue laser burns a lot more then my green one and I think they are same wattage or the green one maybe even higher output wattage. Seems like red lasers don't burn at all or at least not at powers that I have seen.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf