Author Topic: PIC microcontrollers: a very well explained site!  (Read 3062 times)

Offline iamwhoiamTopic starter

• Contributor
  • !
PIC microcontrollers: a very well explained site!
« on: May 27, 2012, 10:27:46 pm »
For those of us struggling with coming to terms with all the intricacies of PIC microcontrollers, here is a site I just found, which is well written and well illustrated:

http://www.mikroe.com/eng/chapters/view/2/chapter-1-pic16f887-microcontroller-device-overview/

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
Re: PIC microcontrollers: a very well explained site!
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 11:39:40 pm »
Thanks - it looks like a really good introduction to PIC hardware.

It is showing its age a bit in the emphasis on instruction sets and assembly language, and in the chip they have chosen to concentrate on.

The PIC16F887 which is referred to as "one of the latest products from Microchip" is at least five years old now, and the PIC18 range and even "16-bit monsters" such as the PIC24 chips offer a cleaner architecture, more features and more memory at what is often a cheaper price these days - and make it easier to use a high level language such as C.

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:18:56 am »
RAM Memory Banks: BANK0,1 everyone? (no) thanks. i dont know how i'm going to live with pic16 leftover.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 10:07:10 pm »
I have some of their Boards, program it in C.
Completely happy with it.

If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf