Author Topic: whats wrong with people today .?  (Read 11704 times)

Offline siliconmixTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
whats wrong with people today .?
« on: May 11, 2012, 08:27:57 am »
http://tyneandwear.sky.com/news/video/19824
i dont know anyone who would want this on their land.

Offline david77

• Frequent Contributor
Re: whats wrong with people today .?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 08:36:46 am »
What the hell is that? If that decided it wanted to live anywhere close to my house I'd kill it, whatever it is.

According to Wiki the Coypu was eradicated in the UK in 1929, so it probably is a rat?

Offline Gall

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2012, 02:34:08 pm »
What's wrong with these furry creatures? Most of them are not dangerous at all, many are harmless and some can be tamed. Unless it makes something really bad, i.e. tries to attack people or steals food on regular basis, there's no reason to kill it.
The difficult we do today; the impossible takes a little longer.

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 02:38:09 pm »
vermin .the only thing your legally able to hunt with dogs in the uk

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2012, 02:51:46 pm »
Wiki must be wrong as the then ministry of agriculture was trapping for and catching coypu in the late 1970's As for the idiotic police investigating for a crime it is not illegal to kill a rat of whatever size by any means at your disposal as they are classified as vermin and coypu are a notifiable species which means that you have to by law tell the authorities if you spot them on your land. I think that the rodent in question is a rat of some type as coypu have a much blunter nose than the animal being held up.

Offline david77

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2012, 03:21:22 pm »
That's Wikipedia for you: Confusing the public since 2001 ::)

It may be illegal to kill things and you might get into trouble with the police but to be honest if I find something on my property that looks like it might gnaw one of my legs off while I'm asleep I will get rid of it before it gets rid of me.
Of course I wouldn't go blabbing to the media afterwards. So who's gonna tell the police?

Offline Neilm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2012, 03:34:47 pm »
The real trouble in the UK is the fact that the "fluffy bunny brigade" don't like the though of anything getting killed. (Probably as they munch on there chicken sandwich). I get looks / comments of shock and horror when I tell them I go shooting game, even if it is destined for the pot.

Neil
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
Tesla referral code https://ts.la/neil53539

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2012, 04:12:52 pm »
i agree if you eat meat at sometime in your life you should kill gut , skin  cook and then eat it.it's educational.

Offline Kremmen

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2012, 04:17:02 pm »
As long as you like your beef and pork and whatnot, condemning ethical hunting is hypocrisy. By ethical i mean hunting that doesn't cause needless suffering to the prey. Fox hunting with a pack of dogs and general hullabaloo - no thanks, those idiots should eat their heads instead; quietly stalking the game on foot with a good rifle and skillful eye & hands - no problem whatsoever. Extremely few animals in nature die of old age and a well aimed bullet is a far better ending than the teeth of a predator. Living where i do, we do have an issue with moose; there is a significant number of traffic accidents yearly and they also like t oeat saplings in cultivated forests. The popularity of hunting with the younger generation has gone down so that it is hard at times to get the annual hunting quotas filled.
Personally i don't hunt but it is mainly due to lack of time. I know how to dismantle a cow, pig or sheep and have done it numerous times. Reminds you that meat does not come out of the fridge.
Nothing sings like a kilovolt.
Dr W. Bishop

Offline olsenn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2012, 05:18:14 pm »
I'm a carnivore because I don't think anyone should kill plants... what did they ever do to anyone?

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 05:33:38 pm »
You cannot eat a pet......... But if it has no name, and is one of a herd, it is a tasty meal. One warthog was a 10m pet ( minimum approach 10m before disappearance) of sorts, in that I would walk near it with no problems, as long as I was not carrying anything long ( survivor of the pogrom to eradicate them) or was not driving a red vehicle ( game warden had a red pickup). I would not have shot him, but enjoyed one of his offspring as sunday lunch, I was too used to having the big guy around the workshop complex.

Offline Kremmen

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2012, 07:40:29 pm »
I'm a carnivore because I don't think anyone should kill plants... what did they ever do to anyone?
Well, about as much as the animals you do eat, don't you think?  ;)
Nothing sings like a kilovolt.
Dr W. Bishop

Offline sonicj

• Frequent Contributor
  • updata successed!
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2012, 12:39:54 am »
Culling of rat populations by farmers is necessary to protect human food supplies & prevent disease.  The people bitching need to read up on the The Black Death and other pandemic plagues linked to distribution by rats. Or how much food is lost to rodents in countries where people are starving. I guarantee death by starvation or plague is not how they want to die.  ::)

Squirrels & flying squirrels I can deal with, but rats on or near my house will be dispatched upon sight!

Heres a fun rat fact. The FDA allows up to 1 rat hair per 100g of peanut butter and up to 9mg of rodent turds per kilo of wheat. source
-sj
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:47:53 am by sonicj »

Offline Pentium100

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2012, 01:50:18 am »
Also this is how you get salmonella. Rats sneak into the grain storage in a chicken farm, get ground up (together with the grain) and fed to the chickens.

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2012, 01:16:39 pm »
i wonder what would happen to those animal right acitivist if their children or themselves would bitten to near death by a dog or anything else, or they stop eating fast food etc cos they kill chickens and cows for it? damn it they breed them for this, greenpeace and the resft of them i wonder how many of them dont have any wood or etc in their homes what they protect blindlessly :)

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2012, 05:14:06 am »
Most of the animal activists and greendiots live in the centre of a big city,
with overromantic ideas about society.

Ask them to milk a cow, they can't, but will start spamming about it.

If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2012, 06:56:10 am »
Most of the animal activists and greendiots live in the centre of a big city,
with overromantic ideas about society.

Ask them to milk a cow, they can't, but will start spamming about it.

Not every farmer could milk a cow by hand,they've had milking machines way too long!
We had a Jersey cow when I was a kid---her milk was almost what you would buy as cream these days.

Offline Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2012, 08:23:48 am »
i wonder what would happen to those animal right acitivist if their children or themselves would bitten to near death by a dog or anything else, or they stop eating fast food etc cos they kill chickens and cows for it? damn it they breed them for this, greenpeace and the resft of them i wonder how many of them dont have any wood or etc in their homes what they protect blindlessly :)

your post is quite hard to read but

..damn it they breed them for this..

You can't argue that something loses it's rights simply because you caused it to be born somewhere.
Either it has rights or it doesn't. It's not something you can apply exemptions too.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:27:16 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Offline jsoderquist

• Contributor
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2012, 04:57:12 pm »
One person's terrorist is another person's freedom-fighter.

Controversy makes the world go around.   ;)

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2012, 05:09:00 pm »
And peace made us neighbours, literally.

Offline bullet308

• Frequent Contributor
  • Jack of All Trades, Master of None Related to EE
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 07:06:09 pm »
Britain is the home of some rather powerful (and quiet) air rifles. I think I would just use it and keep my mouth shut, if I felt the need.
>>>BULLET>>>

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2012, 07:47:04 pm »
Britain is the home of some rather powerful (and quiet) air rifles. I think I would just use it and keep my mouth shut, if I felt the need.

By 'rather powerful' you mean '12ft-lb'.

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2012, 08:33:57 pm »
Not for everyone but this guy uses an airgun to rid local farms of nasties. Personally I'd rather them do this then use poison. Before you say "no not the bunnies too" all the ones he done in appear to be very diseased. Yes the air rifle he uses requires an FAC (license).

https://www.youtube.com/user/HuntersVermin/videos

...mike

Offline bullet308

• Frequent Contributor
  • Jack of All Trades, Master of None Related to EE
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2012, 08:46:24 pm »
12 foot pounds can do a lot of good with very careful placement.
>>>BULLET>>>

Offline sonicj

• Frequent Contributor
  • updata successed!
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 01:34:27 pm »
*warning*  Awesome High Tech Pest Control Footage Below

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf