Author Topic: Whats your Work-Bench/lab look like? Post some pictures of your Lab.  (Read 2284844 times)

Offline japasetelagoas

• Regular Contributor
  • Just an ordinary electronics hobbyist.
Re: Whats your Work-Bench/lab look like? Post some pictures of your Lab.
« Reply #1950 on: April 26, 2016, 12:19:17 am »
Nice bench japasetelagoas. What brand is that screwdriver set? Are they good quality? looks neat.

Hey bookaboo, that screwdriver set is made by a Brazilian company called Worker.
It was fairly cheap compared to the big brands down here, 100 BRL,roughly 30 USD.

The only "downside" that I can mention is that the print faded quite easily on the tools that I use the most as you can see on the image below. The Torx one and the big flathead that I barely use have their labels basically intact.

By the way, in case you wanna check out their catalog this is the link:
http://www.ferragensnegrao.com.br/catalogo/ferramentas-manuais/#pag_111

The endless river...

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #1951 on: April 26, 2016, 12:34:39 am »
Japa, some of the more expensive stuff does the same.  I have 4 Bondhus ball head torx drivers in my work toolbag.  I use them regularly and the writing is worn off all of them.  They work just as good without the writing as with and I paid as much for my 4 as you did for your whole set.  Worn writing shows that they are being used and not looked at.  :-+ :-+
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1952 on: April 26, 2016, 03:19:53 am »
Japa, some of the more expensive stuff does the same.  I have 4 Bondhus ball head torx drivers in my work toolbag.  I use them regularly and the writing is worn off all of them.  They work just as good without the writing as with and I paid as much for my 4 as you did for your whole set.  Worn writing shows that they are being used and not looked at.  :-+ :-+
It seems newer drivers in general are more prone to it IME. A change in ink formulations resulting from environmental issues?  :-//

Makes one appreciate the brands that print info on the end of the driver's handle or in a groove in the handle when possible (areas that get less wear).  ;)

Offline Iwanushka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1953 on: April 29, 2016, 10:40:34 pm »
My excuse for a LAB :palm:: http://imgur.com/a/Uc6dk/all

Almost all drawers are full of parts/tools/whatever, also I have additional 3 overhead storage spaces for rest of my stuff.... :scared:

Let's play a game: Find a scope in all this mess, usually to find something in this mess takes 2-6 hours  |O
When all you've got is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail.- Attrition.

Online Smokey

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
« Reply #1954 on: April 29, 2016, 11:20:18 pm »

Super funny... stereotypical nerd use for a kitchen has nothing to do with cooking. 

The following users thanked this post: MiataMuc

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1955 on: April 29, 2016, 11:31:18 pm »
Let's play a game: Find a scope in all this mess, usually to find something in this mess takes 2-6 hours  |O

Looks a lot like a Hantek DSO5000P series model:

Offline Iwanushka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1956 on: April 29, 2016, 11:56:29 pm »

DSO5000B series toy with crashing horizontal zoom on deep memory |O and a bit of how you are doing trigger :-DD, need to replace with Rigol DS1000Z or Agilent DSOX2004A, can't decide which one to buy, rigol is 5.6 times cheaper...  :-//
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 11:59:31 pm by Iwanushka »
When all you've got is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail.- Attrition.

Offline EntropyWizard

• Contributor
    • GitHub
« Reply #1957 on: May 06, 2016, 03:34:19 am »
The lastest configuration of my workspace in the basement. The shelf unit is made from veneered particle board which I acquired as cheap remnants. The edges are finished with solid pine and painted. Three of the bays are standard rack width.

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1958 on: May 06, 2016, 12:57:50 pm »
The lastest configuration of my workspace in the basement. The shelf unit is made from veneered particle board which I acquired as cheap remnants. The edges are finished with solid pine and painted. Three of the bays are standard rack width.

The way you did the electrical wiring is fantastic. I really like that idea.  :-+

Offline dapug

« Reply #1959 on: May 06, 2016, 02:03:27 pm »
Hanging leads from a slotted rack is great. Did you make that or is there a source for it?

What are you guys doing to store heat shrink? I can't seem to come up with a good solution. Various options:

1) reel/roll. Problem is, doesn't work well for various diameters, don't roll nice when they crease and bend, or when it gets short (end of roll).

2) boxes. Basically a box for each with a hole to dispense from. Prob here is possibility of getting tangled inside.

3) chop them up into a tacklebox bin. Problem here is possible waste or issues when you need a longer length than pre cut, plus all the up front work.

4) hang strands. Heat shrink often comes in 4ft lengths. I'm thinking kinda like the slotted rack for leads but maybe use clothespins to hold each strand?

Offline Iwanushka

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1960 on: May 06, 2016, 03:37:14 pm »
Hanging leads from a slotted rack is great. Did you make that or is there a source for it?

What are you guys doing to store heat shrink? I can't seem to come up with a good solution. Various options:

1) reel/roll. Problem is, doesn't work well for various diameters, don't roll nice when they crease and bend, or when it gets short (end of roll).

2) boxes. Basically a box for each with a hole to dispense from. Prob here is possibility of getting tangled inside.

3) chop them up into a tacklebox bin. Problem here is possible waste or issues when you need a longer length than pre cut, plus all the up front work.

4) hang strands. Heat shrink often comes in 4ft lengths. I'm thinking kinda like the slotted rack for leads but maybe use clothespins to hold each strand?

How about paper/carton tube that is used to carry A3 size drawings?

Offline Fortran

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1961 on: May 06, 2016, 05:14:14 pm »
I'm using a bit of 3" pvc plumbing for my long stuff.
Same idea as the cardboard tube. Bit more rigid if you want to clamp it to something.

Offline ajb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1962 on: May 06, 2016, 05:52:06 pm »

Looks like the OP made that one, but for an off the rack solution, there are the Pomona 1508, 4408, and 2708.  The 1508 is good for general banana leads and such, and the 2708 works nicely for BNCs and scope probes.  Middle Atlantic also make some similar ones that have variable-width slots, and some have little trays for adapters built in as well.

Offline macboy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1963 on: May 06, 2016, 06:01:34 pm »

Looks like the OP made that one, but for an off the rack solution, there are the Pomona 1508, 4408, and 2708.  The 1508 is good for general banana leads and such, and the 2708 works nicely for BNCs and scope probes.  Middle Atlantic also make some similar ones that have variable-width slots, and some have little trays for adapters built in as well.
Probemaster sells a smallish one, but it's only $3.00 so a person could afford a few of them. And I believe they have free (USA) shipping on all orders.
http://probemaster.com/probe-test-lead-storage/

Offline AwArD_RzD

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1964 on: May 06, 2016, 06:15:58 pm »

Yes it's a Hantek, my DSO5202B is exactly like that.

Offline Howardlong

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1965 on: May 06, 2016, 06:39:40 pm »

Almost all drawers are full of parts/tools/whatever, also I have additional 3 overhead storage spaces for rest of my stuff.... :scared:

Oh, that just so made my day! Definitely worth taking the brief excursion off eevblog.

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1966 on: May 07, 2016, 05:08:41 am »

Probemaster sells a smallish one, but it's only $3.00 so a person could afford a few of them. And I believe they have free (USA) shipping on all orders.

Those Probemaster test lead holders are nice. They sent me one for free with my last probe order. It's made from a flexible but still rigid enough vinyl/plastic.

Offline krivx

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1967 on: May 07, 2016, 08:52:35 am »

Those Probemaster test lead holders are nice. They sent me one for free with my last probe order. It's made from a flexible but still rigid enough vinyl/plastic.

I would prefer this to metal, much less likely to fray or nick the cable insulation.

Offline japasetelagoas

• Regular Contributor
  • Just an ordinary electronics hobbyist.
« Reply #1968 on: May 08, 2016, 10:21:54 pm »

I would prefer this to metal, much less likely to fray or nick the cable insulation.

Or you can DIY it as I did on my Instructables.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Turn-Your-Optic-Disc-Tray-Into-a-Cable-Hanger/

;D
The endless river...

Offline EntropyWizard

• Contributor
    • GitHub
« Reply #1969 on: May 09, 2016, 01:25:50 am »

Looks like the OP made that one ...

Yep, made from some 5/8" pine leftover from another project. Pretty easy to make if you have access to a table saw. The fingers are glued on and held with a nail. I used spacers to keep the fingers neatly aligned until they dried.

Offline dvdouden

• Contributor
  • 0 != 0!
« Reply #1970 on: May 16, 2016, 07:42:02 pm »
Finally moved all most of my stuff to the new mancave/corner. Installed some LED strips under the shelves. Hooked up the ESD connectors. And finally gave the fume extractor a try (it works!). Still plenty of things to do, but getting there, slowly  :-+

Offline hammy

• Supporter
« Reply #1971 on: May 21, 2016, 08:21:56 am »
That looks really nice, dvdouden!  :-+
I like the white and clear making.

What about the cabinet under the table? Is there still place for your legs or do you pull it out when work is to do?

Cheers
hammy

Offline dvdouden

• Contributor
  • 0 != 0!
« Reply #1972 on: May 21, 2016, 03:47:22 pm »
Thanks!  :-+
[...] What about the cabinet under the table? Is there still place for your legs or do you pull it out when work is to do? [...]
No room left at all, but neither is there under the soldering part of the bench. I'm not sure if it will become a problem or not, haven't spent much time at the desk yet. If my back starts to complain then I'll have to find a different spot for the cabinet, but so far it's proven useful: connectors in the top drawer, ICs in the second, passives in the third, unfinished projects in the rest  :P

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1973 on: May 22, 2016, 10:55:13 pm »
Haven't posted mine in a while, so here's how it looks at the moment with most of the stuff turned on to emit the appropriate colored lights for the photo.  :)
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: frankmhowell

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #1974 on: May 23, 2016, 12:24:17 am »
Haven't posted mine in a while, so here's how it looks at the moment with most of the stuff turned on to emit the appropriate colored lights for the photo.  :)

It's so neat and tidy!
I'm relieved to see you have safety glasses at hand, to protect your eyes from neatness overload.

Here's about as neat as mine ever gets:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 12:33:40 am by TerraHertz »
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf