Author Topic: Where can I find some hermetically sealed packages for demonstration purposes?  (Read 810 times)

Offline jeremyTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Hi all,

I'm looking to show some students the stuff which is inside ICs. I'd prefer to not go the nitric acid route, so instead I am looking for some hermetically sealed packages which are easy to take the lid off.

I have tried looking on ebay, but frankly it seems like a waste of time; people are just selling 20 years obsolete chips for $100+ each. Those prices are a bit optimistic I think...

Does anyone know of a good part number to search around for, or somewhere that I can find a bunch of these things?

I have a nice Burr Brown DAC that I ripped the lid off, it's beautiful inside  ;D

Offline chris_leyson

• Super Contributor
Eeeprom programable microprocessors, for example, Intel 8748 had quite a large chip area and you could probably get the UV window off with a small blow torch if it's an older frit sealed part. Something a bit smaller Microchip PIC12C508JW has a UV window, maybe Microchip would be kind enough to provide a few.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf