Author Topic: Where do you find Electronics agencies for Germany  (Read 2974 times)

Offline ocsetTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Where do you find Electronics agencies for Germany
« on: March 17, 2018, 11:41:06 am »
Hello,

Do you know if there are vacancies for work in Germany.
My friend wishes to go there?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:55:56 am by treez »

Offline BravoV

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
Do you know of any Recruitment Consultancies in UK who deal with engineers that can do simple electronics such as…..
Inverting opamps,
Non inverting opamps,
Linear current regulators,
Simple PIC microcontroller programming in C.
Simple filtering circuits.
Ability to understand datasheet of eg  a transistor so they can do an obselesence swap
(Literally the type of electronics that 12 year old kids used to do as a hobby in the 1970’s)

CMIIW, isn't that look like a hobbyist's qualification ?

The job here is really so simple…..if they really can’t find anyone to do it in the whole of UK, then surely the UK is collapsing.

Nothing wrong with just simple capability & skill though, the real question is how low "simple" salary are you willing to accept ?

The following users thanked this post: ocset

Online hans

• Super Contributor
However, when I apply for  external jobs, they tell the prospective employer that I already have development work with them…and put into question my ‘sanity’ for seeking it elsewhere.

They have also falsely claimed that I regularly turn up late, and have health problems that I  don’t have. 

I take it you gave your current company as a reference? And I also take it they then try to abuse their position by giving false information?

Personally I would take matters into my own hands. Take it as a loss you cannot use them as a reference as they are trying to corrupt the proces, which is at the same time extra motivation to get out of the company.

In terms of recruiters or jobs looking for "simple" engineering practices, I'm not so sure. I think vocational school can teach these things (atleast in Netherlands on "MBO"), but a lot of people with this level of education do not end up as engineer but (field) technicians or in manufacturing or assembly. That is because a lot of companies like to get Bachelor+ people for anything that requires design or engineering, probably because  EMC requirements or costly screwups in the case of an oversight.

At the company I used to work at, we also had these level of "one-off" jobs laying around, and most often we would get (MBO/Bachelor) students or internships to fix them up.

Nevertheless, not all companies are the same. Maybe there are companies around that have to fill these positions, but I'm unsure of any recruitment companies specializing in them.
My first bet actually would be to call up a few recruiters that specialize in electrical engineering jobs, and ask if they got contacts that may be interested.

• Super Contributor
OK Thanks
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:56:26 am by treez »

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
I take it you gave your current company as a reference?
No, but you have to put them on your CV, and then people contact them anyway for a reference.
My boss actually took me into an office, and accused me of looking for jobs elsewhere...and intimated to me that i better not do this, because i would get a lousy reference from him.

Is that even legal in UK ?!?  :wtf:

The following users thanked this post: hans, ocset

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
In my experience, prospective employers only take up references once they have interviewed you and made a provisional offer... Provisional on satisfactory references.

Recruitment agents never do, certainly without a job offer in place. That would be unethical.

Maybe your employer overheard you, listened to your phone conversation, saw you updating your CV etc. Or just picked up on your mood or something you said.
Best Regards, Chris

The following users thanked this post: jancumps, ocset

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
Man, this almost sound like you are not allowed to leave, what did you do? Joined "the firm"?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106918.     :)

Ok serious turn the situation around.
They don't want you to leave, that gives a lot of leverage, so start learning negotiation tactics and politics.
For instance offer to do the boring work for three days but two days you are allowed to create your own product.
That means a budget to order parts, boards etc etc but first you need to come up with something new they don't have in their portfolio. That also means a lot of resonsibility, are you up to this? Are you already good enough to design a new product or do you need to learn a lot preferably from a more senior colleague? Be honost to yourself.

Last option is just quit and walk away, write a resignation letter and sent it by registered mail or whatever your country law dictate in order for it to be binding.
If I read a lot of your topics my personal opinion however only based on your actions on this forum is that it is way past time to move on and find a more professional company where you fit in.
Good luck, tough decisions ahead of you.

• Super Contributor
OK Thanks
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:56:46 am by treez »

• Super Contributor
OK Thanks
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:57:10 am by treez »

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
...thats why they are offering me this fake design work to try and influence me to stay put.
Why not stay put there and do your personal design work+ sales/marketing of it ?

Looks like your boss is lazy enough to not seek a replacement for you, and you still are cheap enough for them.
2 good reasons for doing it.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

• Super Contributor
Re: Where do you find Electronics engineers that can do simple electronics?
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2018, 01:51:06 pm »
OK Thanks
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:57:30 am by treez »

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2018, 02:08:41 pm »
Giving a factually incorrect reference would be legally actionable, however if they are smart they can either refuse to give a reference or be very selective without actually lying.

Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2018, 03:12:38 pm »
In the UK companies will not usually give a reference. They will only confirm the start and end dates of an employee, and the role in which they were employed. Before the late 80s things were different. however, court cases by employees who were given bad references - often genuinely bad employees - lead to the current regime. No reference from the company. No references from employees of the company (if they have any sense).

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2018, 05:43:14 pm »
OK thanks
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 02:58:09 am by treez »

steverino

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2018, 05:59:34 pm »
In truth, I cannot believe the vile individual that I have become, in my work for this company. I have betrayed the “Revive British Industry” campaign…a group that I have done so much work for…..
https://massey276.wixsite.com/revive
I  have become as revolting as those who i held in revile.  :scared:
You're going to Hell!  :)

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2018, 06:49:54 pm »
In truth, I cannot believe the vile individual that I have become, in my work for this company. I have betrayed the “Revive British Industry” campaign…a group that I have done so much work for…..
https://massey276.wixsite.com/revive
I  have become as revolting as those who i held in revile.  :scared:

I daren’t tell the other members that I work for a company that imports  Chinese products massively into the UK…destroying the UK in the process…stagnating  the UK  into a slow death. I am taking money for this. I have the sweat of the slaves of the Far East on my hands.  My gaffers offered me an 8K pay rise and I begged them not to give me it. –But they gave me it anyway, and I shamefully just accepted it. I  must admit my gaffers  have payed me well. I daren’t tell you how much. It’s far too much for the job I could have done as a 12 year old kid.
The gaffer offered me even more money  recently when we recently passed EMC on a particular product….but I just told him that I was happy to leave the pay as it is.
 8)
If you hadn't, someone else will have - at least the company is employing some people in the UK and making some contribution in  tax, VAT etc.

Offline SL4P

• Super Contributor
  • There's more value if you figure it out yourself!
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2018, 10:58:47 pm »
Stay where you are, do your 9-5 job, and use that income to develop your own products and business for the future.
Depending on your contract, it may be worth getting your current company to commit in some way to your actual employed activities... i.e. a proper job description, then you’re *partially* covered that your developments are not directly related to,your day job.

If they nominate you as a service technician, they’ll have trouble saying you ‘stole’ design IP that you created - from them.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 12:57:37 am by SL4P »
Don't ask a question if you aren't willing to listen to the answer.

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 12:14:40 am »
Recruitment agents never do, certainly without a job offer in place. That would be unethical.

Recruitment pimps agents unethical? Shurely shome mishtake. Perish the thought.

My CV never contained references, but did say they would be provided when appropriate. That trapped out the pimps approaching my referees to see if they had any jobs on offer. I don't recall ever being asked for names of referees, but they may have written to the relevant HR departments behind my back.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2018, 02:16:27 am »
My gaffers offered me an 8K pay rise and I begged them not to give me it. –But they gave me it anyway, and I shamefully just accepted it. I  must admit my gaffers  have payed me well.
Stay for as long as you can bear it, get as much cash as you can out of them, to build up your "screw you" fund for when you eventually decide to quit

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline daybyter

• Frequent Contributor

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: Where do you find Electronics agencies for Germany
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 01:05:54 am »
Hello,

Dude, what is wrong with you, deleting the original question and then all your replies, replacing it with something unrelated? (Since all your original text got quoted, it's not as though it's become invisible).

It's like all your posts are designed to waste people's time...

The following users thanked this post: hans, tggzzz

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 08:49:05 am »
The Main Question why German? Trust me you dont want life and work in Germany.
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

The following users thanked this post: MT

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 10:04:50 am »
Hello,

Dude, what is wrong with you, deleting the original question and then all your replies, replacing it with something unrelated? (Since all your original text got quoted, it's not as though it's become invisible).

It's like all your posts are designed to waste people's time...
Maybe his employer found this thread..

The following users thanked this post: hans

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 12:49:02 pm »
I think we can close this one, clearly going nowhere

The following users thanked this post: hans, tggzzz, tooki

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf