Author Topic: Wish to bring electric toy cars to market  (Read 8341 times)

Offline ocsetTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Wish to bring electric toy cars to market
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2018, 08:02:04 pm »
Finally PLEASE don't thank this post!
Thanks but no i double thank your post, for your great concern for the Grenfell tragedy.

Thing is, most of the family of those tragically killed in Grenfell, and their friends, are asking the questions that i am asking right now, and they want them asked right now, they dont want to wait for the "enquiry".
Seriously,  there should be a uk government funded enquiry into fridge fires, as there are 300 of them per year in uk, and many result in fatalities....i bet this problem is solveable.......so many have shown your great concern over Grenfell, and have just fallen short of accusing me of starting it........now we can all show our true humanity by writing to our MP and getting this fridge fire study done.

If somebody writes out a letter here on this subject , and posts it here, so we can copy/paste it to our MP, then i am grateful, and accept VERY THANKFULLY and gratefully , any further insults relating to Grenfell tragedy directed toward my person....i want to stop future Grenfells.

I have done a heck of a lot of electrical product inflammability tests.......and  for a reasonably protected product, its usually incredibly difficult to get a fire started with an electrical product.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 08:11:25 pm by treez »

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2018, 08:33:23 pm »
You need to chill and take it to another forum, preferably one that's got a larger UK audience, instead of this one. Even though you started the thread, it's still not appropriate to derail it with a political action campaign.

The following users thanked this post: ocset

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2018, 09:00:00 pm »
Whilst I appreciate your zeal in trying to highlight a potential issue with refrigerators, I'm afraid I can't add any specific instances to your call. The statistics appear to be known and I am sure, must be under separate investigation. I know that the similar issue with tumble driers has lead to product recall and remedial action, albeit slow and inadequate. It's hard to know what further can be done about that as it has already been raised in Parliament and committee.

My issue is with you muddying the waters of the Grenfell inquiry by dragging up unsubstantiated press stories of luggage packing, missing persons, etc.

I still fail to see any connection between Grenfell and your proposal of illegally importing toys from China (the subject of your OP) and by your own admission, failing to get them appropriately safety tested. I don't see how this can possibly help in reducing instances of fire in the home. You may be in a position to visually inspect them, but you are not able to assess the quality of component parts - you still haven't clarified whether they are Lithium cell powered and, if so, the charging method. Simple inspection would not reveal the use of parts of dubious origin and manufacture. A proper approval test would require a proper documentation and approvals of the parts used.

I'm sure we all remember the fiasco of spontaneously combusting imported 'hover-boards' a year or so ago and the resulting potentially lethal consequences. They weren't properly tested either. Please don't express such outrage about Grenfell, whilst at the same time putting yourself, to whatever degree, in the 'hover-board' camp.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 09:03:22 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Offline ocsetTopic starter

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2018, 08:14:32 pm »
Thanks, i am sure you all realise that i am not in the business of bringing Chinese goods to the UK market...neither do i have any interest in  doing it.
Even if i was i guess i would be going secret squirrel, and not publishing my intent here.
But i am interested in how common it is, and how much money is being made in the middle-manning  of Chinese products through UK ports.
Are we taking  middle man profits of 100's of thousands, millions, tens of millions, or billions each year?, over the whole of UK's large  middle-man fraternity?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 01:00:07 am by treez »

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2018, 08:25:47 pm »
THANKFULLY and gratefully , any further insults relating to Grenfell tragedy directed toward my person....i want to stop future Grenfells.
If that is your aim then become a building materials inspector. The sole reason the Grenfell tower turned into an inferno is that alterations to the building turned it into a death trap. These kind of high rise buildings have been designed to contain a fire into one appartment so people can escape. Unfortunately some idiots covered the outside with extremely flamable material which spread the fire on the outside of the building quickly.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2018, 10:26:51 pm »
But i am interested in how common it is, and how much money is being made in the middle-manning  of Chinese products through UK ports, (without paying the EU tariff) and then onto UK and mainland europe as if they were made in the UK.

Since the UK is part of the EU, it follows that UK ports are EU ports and EU import regulations apply. I have no idea why you think that importing into the UK can "bypass" the EU?

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2018, 10:35:33 pm »
But i am interested in how common it is, and how much money is being made in the middle-manning  of Chinese products through UK ports, (without paying the EU tariff) and then onto UK and mainland europe as if they were made in the UK.

Since the UK is part of the EU, it follows that UK ports are EU ports and EU import regulations apply. I have no idea why you think that importing into the UK can "bypass" the EU?

I've highlighted your misapprehension.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf