Author Topic: FranLab is getting evicted  (Read 251074 times)

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: FranLab is getting evicted
« Reply #350 on: November 03, 2018, 10:27:09 pm »
Her landlord probably has retained a slumlord lawyer to harass her, which might at this stage be things like demands for inspections or demands for various work-peoples access or notifications that the power or water or heat will be off.

If, 'having been given legal notice' she doesn't do whatever the law requires her to let them do then they would claim grounds for a lawsuit against her.

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #351 on: November 03, 2018, 10:57:51 pm »
All that said, I still own a house and bleed every year we make a comparison with rental - financially it is a disaster, but there are many other practical/psychological factors involved, especially when you have kids.

Would it still be a disaster though if you look 10, 20 or even 30 years into the future?
It could go either way. My crystal ball is out for repairs.

What I can say is that, some of the expenses required for infrastructure work in my house in the past few years will never be recovered. A lot can be said about how houses are cheaply built with damn wood that rots away after a few decades (give me a brick and mortar house any day), the terrible Dallas soil that obliterates any slab foundation after 15~20 years, the EPA merry-go-round that outlaws refrigerant gases every two decades or so (and air conditioning unit repairs become more and more expensive), the neighbourhoods that suffer natural disasters or become surrounded by rundown places which contribute to your own property, and so on.

As I said before, I know people that went underwater and ten years later are still in the very long path to recover. Others that have moved away from this. You can build your equity in many ways along your life.

My biggest criticism is to not take at face value the belief that you will ALWAYS be better if you buy a house.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #352 on: November 03, 2018, 11:23:12 pm »
My biggest criticism is to not take at face value the belief that you will ALWAYS be better if you buy a house.
Buying a house is always about location location location location.

I see a lot of similarities between james_s' story and my own situation (except for the room mate  ^-^ ). When bought at the right price and in the right location a good quality house is a good pension fund. My home isn't particulary expensive or special but it sits in (what turns out) an excellent location. Whenever a house in the street is for sale it is sold within a couple of weeks. Even during the worst part of the 'credit crunch'.

In Fran's latest video no packages will be opened unless confirmation is received first of what it is.

Fran mentions about an incidence with the post recently in the news but that has been going on for years.
Why now and not before?
Paranoia maybe. But then again she is kind of a public figure and that usually attracts all kind of crazy people. Over a decade ago I co-owned a company directory website and you really don't want to know how bat-sh*t crazy some people are.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 11:27:07 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #353 on: November 03, 2018, 11:45:02 pm »
At any rate, owning a place also carries a lot in maintenance - at least where I live, owning a properly in a residential area costs a lot more than renting mostly due to taxes and maintenance.
In the short term yes, in the long term that doesn't add up. If it were cheaper to rent than own, nobody would be a landlord.
I remember ~15 years ago people told me I was nuts to buy a house because renting was cheaper. Well at the time renting was cheaper but today a house like mine rents for a few hundred a month more than the payments on my current 15 year mortgage. In about 6 years my house will be paid off, I'll own it free and clear, and my monthly payment will drop to just tax and maintenance. If I were renting there would be no light at the end of the tunnel, I'd have to keep renting forever and when I become too old to work and/or rents increase to a point I'd be forced to move elsewhere. This way if I decide to move some day, I'll have a very valuable asset I can sell, I'll very likely get back everything I paid into it and then some. I've encountered quite a few people who seem not to grasp that renting does not save you from paying property taxes and maintenance, you're just paying someone elses property taxes and maintenance and it's rolled into the rent, and when you move out you get nothing, all that money has been paid into someone elses equity.

The most important thing about owning a property is that you become your own bank.
All your repayments go into an offset/redraw account and you can without that money at any time for any purpose at all, and at low housing interest rates, no bank approval needed.
For example, I bought my current lab with cash from our home loan. The same interest rate to buy commercial property on a separate commercial loan would have been about double. In effect I loaned my myself the money.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:33:19 am by EEVblog »

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #354 on: November 04, 2018, 12:05:53 am »
At any rate, owning a place also carries a lot in maintenance - at least where I live, owning a properly in a residential area costs a lot more than renting mostly due to taxes and maintenance.
In the short term yes, in the long term that doesn't add up. If it were cheaper to rent than own, nobody would be a landlord.
I remember ~15 years ago people told me I was nuts to buy a house because renting was cheaper. Well at the time renting was cheaper but today a house like mine rents for a few hundred a month more than the payments on my current 15 year mortgage. In about 6 years my house will be paid off, I'll own it free and clear, and my monthly payment will drop to just tax and maintenance. If I were renting there would be no light at the end of the tunnel, I'd have to keep renting forever and when I become too old to work and/or rents increase to a point I'd be forced to move elsewhere. This way if I decide to move some day, I'll have a very valuable asset I can sell, I'll very likely get back everything I paid into it and then some. I've encountered quite a few people who seem not to grasp that renting does not save you from paying property taxes and maintenance, you're just paying someone elses property taxes and maintenance and it's rolled into the rent, and when you move out you get nothing, all that money has been paid into someone elses equity.

The most important thing about owning a property is that you become your own bank.
All your repayments go into an offset/redraw account and you can without that money at any time for any purpose at all, and at low housing interest rates, no bank approval needed.
For example, I bought my current lab with cash from our home loan. The same interest rate to buy commercial property on a separate commercial loan would have been about double. I in effect loaned my myself the money.

and house prices tend to follow each other, so when you own and want to move any increase/decrease of prices will affect the house you are selling in the same way as the one you are buying

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #355 on: November 04, 2018, 02:25:32 am »
In Fran's latest video no packages will be opened unless confirmation is received first of what it is.
Fran mentions about an incidence with the post recently in the news but that has been going on for years.
Why now and not before?

She pulled the video?
I didn't get to see it.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #356 on: November 04, 2018, 02:29:20 am »
I see a lot of similarities between james_s' story and my own situation (except for the room mate  ^-^ ). When bought at the right price and in the right location a good quality house is a good pension fund.

Actually your house is an asset that produces zero income, and that doesn't help you at all in retirement unless you sell it and "down size" and pocket the difference in cash. In that respect it's often described as "dead money" although not in the same way as rent is.
The house in theory will go up in value with time though, so it's better than having the equivalent of cash in the bank or a share portfolio, but it's not like compounded interest.

Best way to think of a house is as a bank account indexed to inflation.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:32:35 am by EEVblog »

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #357 on: November 04, 2018, 02:30:59 am »
Maybe we should try to find out the company/companies not being nice and let the crowd send them a flood of complaints by phone and email. Even if it doesn't stop them, costing them resources sounds like a way to get back at them. Maybe they'll even get some bad press.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #358 on: November 04, 2018, 10:32:57 am »
Why now and not before?

She pulled the video?
I didn't get to see it.

Yes it is gone like it was never there.
This is the link from history (just called Youtube in history) but it was the last video that I saw last night:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBH8nUoSj-4

I left a comment which read something like:
"Wise. You might get something nasty off the landlord or building company".

Can't find any mirror copies elsewhere.

Just now I have incidentally found a blurred video thumbnail of the video Fran pulled down when I opened another copy of Chrome in the tiles page.
Looking at the picture and I think it was called "New Rules for Viewer Mail"

On searching there is keyword link to a Youtube clone website abcTube.org but the video is no longer there or in cache but the description:

"Sorry kids - You'll have to let me know what you're sending in for Viewer Mail in advance, and any ..."
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 12:37:15 pm by MrMobodies »

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #359 on: November 04, 2018, 12:22:40 pm »
The lawyers who work for some developers are experts at terrifying people. bad developers are often real monsters. I don't know if that applies in this situation but having met many (other) would be developers and heard them laugh about what they do, and how they wont give people a moment of rest, I could easily imagine why she might have good reasons to be nervous.

Under that scenario, it could be a really really stressful situation for her.

I have met many of these would be princelings and princesses socially.

People have to understand, in the US, there is NO 'right to counsel' in civil cases, and winners often get to sue the losers 'for their legal costs' as well.

By not spending the hundreds of dollars an hour for a lawyer, somebody in a civil case where the law is stacked in favor of building owners, (giving them the benefit of the doubt in cases where they are "trying to improve their property") is certain to make some procedural mistake which loses their case.

The paralysis poor people exhibit when faced with this existential threat is for a good reason, they are statistically very likely to lose, even if they are still naive and unaware of the typical non-existence of any comprehensive system that in other countries always exists to protect them, something that often they don't grasp for some time, going around to various agencies and looking for help that is not there. This hunt for help and frustration wastes precious time and the inaction as the system sees it, plus the fatigue courthouse workers often overwhelmed cant help but feel at the endless stream of self-represented poor people who don't understand how the courts work, stacks the cards against them.

Fighting back for ones rights such as they may be, is only a rich persons game and rich people know that.

If they are that kind of developer, whatever she does now, they might try to work it into some attack on her.

Here, rich people, the ones with the lawyers, are always 'right'.

The statistics show that its a housing bloodbath out there right now for poor people, with evictions higher now than they have ever been before.

In this atmosphere, the sheer numbers of people who need help long ago began to cause a breakdown in all the structures that are supposed to protect them, and attorneys focus on 'triage' for the most unambiguous easiest cases, and try mostly to exact concessions from developers like more time for the soon-to-be dispossessed.

The kinds of services available illustrates how poor peoples lives are being destroyed, families broken up, in a systematic manner.

Compared to many others, Fran is actually a person whom one can see might actually be in physical danger outside of a city.

Its likely a visceral burden she's carried for a long time.

I doubt if she is in so much of a fighting mood - because of all her stuff that she feels is a part of her identity as a YouTuber.

But the stuff, and the urgent need she has for help getting a decent buyout,  may be making it harder in terms of her ability to fight for what should be her right to compensation.

There will be more stuff in her future if she finds another place. Tons more old hardware is likely to become available as space becomes harder and harder to find. People will be giving it away.

She needs to put that stuff out of her mind and find a place to live. And be flexible as far as her next home, maybe it will just be a slightly larger apartment than the one she might get otherwise.

It seems to me to be almost impossible for a stressed person facing eviction, a non-attorney - to successfully make arguments for a settlement on behalf of themselves.

Slumlord and developer lawyers are very very slick and they have hundreds of ways they force people out of their homes and into the streets. Nomatter how smart or street-savvy a person may be, they are very very unlikely to win without a lawyer.

Its only when somebody is represented by counsel in the US that they are likely to get justice and almost no actual urban poor people are eligible for free help either.

People who have any kind of income are falling through the cracks in large numbers.

Once you have any income at all you are deemed capable of playing the game. Which is just a ludicrous proposition given its costs.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:13:37 pm by cdev »

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #360 on: November 04, 2018, 02:16:57 pm »
No, that would likely not help at all.   This is not the YouTube or the Internet.

The thing that she needs is a kick ass attorney who is on her side and affordable.

And especially, a place to live. A place to call home.

Maybe we should try to find out the company/companies not being nice and let the crowd send them a flood of complaints by phone and email. Even if it doesn't stop them, costing them resources sounds like a way to get back at them. Maybe they'll even get some bad press.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 02:19:27 pm by cdev »

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #361 on: November 08, 2018, 01:44:05 am »
Fran replied to someone in her new video "New Camera" about the video that was pulled down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qzxT19Zpaw&lc=Ugx1otEvQswPzjzxn5J4AaABAg.8nMqpvw3hVO8nMwPkUjMfk

Quote from: Fran Blanche in video comment "New Camera"
I originally put up a video saying I'd do that but the comments were quite vitriolic, so I took that down and had to rethink the idea of viewer mail altogether.

vitriolic
filled with bitter criticism or malice

I wonder:
Were some of the mailbag viewers unhappy that they have to confirm what they send in.
Did the haters behave like that after watching because they had their plot spoiled by the requirement.
I wasn't around to see it any of that.

It sounds like she recently had some hate mail.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #362 on: November 30, 2018, 10:27:53 pm »
A number of US cities have set up programs to stem the flood of evictions of unrepresented tenants by runaway gentrification.

Hiring an attorney in the United States is often beyond the means of poor as well as middle income tenants who fall through the cracks of a legal system that has no concept of a civil right to counsel like most other developed countries do.

This has led to an open season on tenants who live in areas where rents have been rising. ('Churning')

Philadelphia has recently been looking at providing help to the poorest tenants.

http://philadelphiabar.org/page/NewsItem?appNum=2&newsItemID=1001829

"if the City were to invest just $3.5 million annually to provide counsel for all low-income tenants facing eviction, it would receive a return of $45.2 million annually."

"only 7 percent of Philadelphia tenants are represented, compared to 80 percent of landlords"

"represented tenants are only displaced 5 percent of the time, compared to 78 percent of pro se (self-represented, i.e. lawyer-less) tenants."

For coverage of the report see:

Philadelphia Tribune

http://www.phillytrib.com/news/legal-aid-beneficial-to-tenants-study-says/article_e128fb37-0114-54fc-8cd5-8b65f3989634.html

WHYY 

https://whyy.org/articles/study-philly-tenants-facing-eviction-too-often-lack-legal-representation/

Philadelphia Weekly

http://www.philadelphiaweekly.com/news/new-report-claims-city-could-save-millions-by-providing-lawyers/article_98e5bfca-e734-11e8-bb05-9f515a683ebc.html

PlanPhilly

http://planphilly.com/articles/2018/11/13/study-spending-now-on-legal-aid-for-renters-would-save-city-down-the-road

Next City

https://nextcity.org/daily/entry/what-philadephia-could-gain-from-expanding-legal-aid-for-tenants   

-----

It should be said though that everybody should be able to get help, not just the very poor. People whose income is more than the poverty line don't suddenly become able to afford $300 or more an hour fees.

-----
New York City’s first year of right to counsel kept 84% of tenants in homes

The New York City Office of Civil Justice has released its 2018 report

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/hra/downloads/pdf/services/civiljustice/OCJ-UA-2018-Report.pdf 

84 percent of all tenants who were provided an attorney in Housing Court remained in their homes (21,955 New Yorkers representing 7,847 households). It is especially notable that the 84 percent figure exceeds the 77 percent figure estimated by the NYC Independent Budget Office. Moreover, 97 percent of those receiving legal services for NYCHA administrative termination of tenancy were able to remain in their homes. These results demonstrate the incredible effectiveness of a right to counsel in preserving housing stability.  In considering the reasons for that effectiveness, it is meaningful that nearly three-quarters of those receiving legal assistance for Housing Court obtained full representation.

Evictions conducted by (NYC) City Marshalls have dropped by 27 percent overall since 2013, and have declined steadily in all but one year since then;

30 percent of all tenants are now represented by an attorney

The right to counsel is reaching those most in need: the largest represented group was those making less than 50 percent of the federal poverty level, and half of the legal services recipients were receiving public benefits.

The 2018 report's release was covered by WNYC

https://www.wnyc.org/story/more-tenants-lawyers-city-says-evictions-are-dropping/

and

The Real Deal
https://therealdeal.com/2018/11/14/why-eviction-rates-are-dropping-in-nyc/

Media coverage of similar programs elsewhere.

The Arizona Daily Star

https://tucson.com/news/local/more-affordable-housing-right-to-legal-counsel-could-ease-tucson/article_29beed58-e769-11e8-8312-23aee3ac4e68.html

looks at a number of different ways in which the eviction crisis in Tucson could be addressed, including the right to counsel.

The Minneapolis Star Tribune
http://www.startribune.com/minneapolis-mayor-jacob-frey-tenant-advocates-launch-program-that-aims-to-help-renters-on-the-verge-of-eviction/500542492/

covers the recent expansion of housing representation, and highlights the great work of Mid-Minnesota Legal Aid in Hennepin County (where a pilot has been running for a while).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These links are from http://civilrighttocounsel.org/
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 10:30:36 pm by cdev »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #363 on: December 08, 2018, 12:09:40 am »
Insane!

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #364 on: December 08, 2018, 12:22:15 am »
Well even if you own a home the neighbours can start doing noisy construction work as well at 8 in the morning. Why hasn't Fran started packing yet???
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #365 on: December 08, 2018, 12:35:02 am »
Why hasn't Fran started packing yet???

She has been. She has set up a storage facility with custom racks.
The problem is she hasn't found another place. I'm sure if she did have a place all her stuff would be packed and gone within days.

The following users thanked this post: cdev

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #366 on: December 08, 2018, 12:54:02 am »
Given that she still has several months on her lease, and she is paying to live there, she deserves a habitable space for that entire time.

Additionally,  the building used to be a brake shoe company, so has anybody tested the air for asbestos fibers? If they are present, they need to stop stirring up the dust and set up negative air pressure blowing outward so it doesnt get blown into her space.

Also, are the workpeople doing that work, qualified to do asbestos remediation? Are they wearing appropriate personal protective equipment?

City inspectors need to know this kind of info.

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #367 on: December 08, 2018, 12:56:45 am »
Not if they have asbestos there. If they do they need to follow special procedures such as hosing down the areas they are demolishing to reduce dust and disposing of the debris carefully so that it doesn't cause cancer for people. .

Well even if you own a home the neighbours can start doing noisy construction work as well at 8 in the morning. Why hasn't Fran started packing yet???
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 12:58:34 am by cdev »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #368 on: December 08, 2018, 03:09:18 am »
Given that she still has several months on her lease, and she is paying to live there, she deserves a habitable space for that entire time.

These companies (and the law) don't care about what you deserve. Her lease is until July.

If it was me, almost everything would go straight to storage, and I'd find the cheapest medium term AirBnB (or equivalent) I could find and modify my content and business as required until a longer term solution can be found.
One of the problems is she's holding out for a longer term solution.

A list of co-working spaces in Philly:
Mostly not suitable, but some may be.

https://phillyviews.com/coworking-space-philadelphia/
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 03:19:13 am by EEVblog »

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #369 on: December 08, 2018, 03:20:26 am »
Right, exactly.

If they collect rent or have a contract to rent, there is an implied warantee of habitability during that period.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/implied_warranty_of_habitability

All US states except Arkansas have similar laws.

However, it seems as if the state's lack of a law could be challenged as if a business collects people's money they are expected to provide what people pay them for, a habitable space.

Not collect free money.

For a PA. example, see https://theincline.com/2018/01/05/the-renters-guide-to-surviving-pittsburgh-winters-frigid-apartments-and-frozen-pipes/ about another Pennsylvania city, Pittsburgh.

Contrast Arkansas with California

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/Apartment-Ceiling-Collapses-in-Logan-Heights-After-Water-Damage-490299071.html
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 03:38:50 am by cdev »

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #370 on: December 08, 2018, 11:48:05 am »
These companies (and the law) don't care about what you deserve. Her lease is until July.
True. And there is probably something in the leasing terms about allowing construction work on the property. Better to get out ASAP and be done with it.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #371 on: December 08, 2018, 12:04:27 pm »
It's USA… such sensible concepts are generally not recognized by law. The "implied habitability" you mention is so pro-landlord that it usually doesn't cover quality of life in any meaningful way. :( (Or if they do, it's only for dwellings, not commercial properties.)

(Even here in Switzerland, where tenant protections are much stronger — while still being fair to landlords, I might add — you can't complain about construction being done in adjacent units, provided the work is done outside of the statutory "quiet hours" of nighttime and lunch.)

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #372 on: December 08, 2018, 03:55:06 pm »
I agree, she does need to get out because of her health.

But - really, what may be happening may have a lot of ominous overtones.

In one of her videos she shows where something white and fluffy and fibrous that looks like asbestos was just painted over previously.

She explained the fact that the building used to be a company that manufactured brake shoes .

If its got an addressable asbestos issue, its not rocket science, it just means that any demolition work should be done with the proper precautions, by people qualified to do it, after the building is vacant.

If there is asbestos in the building, what they may be doing, given that she still has a lease, could be seen as more akin to a deliberate attack on her life and health, not 'just' a condition incidental to 'the work'. If there is danger, also a failure to inform everybody appropriate of the issue may also endanger others, such as the workpeople, -

Its really evil if a hazard exists and they are not made aware of this potential hazard.

If the building indeed used to make brake shoes, those owners likely bought the building at a discount because of this history. So doing a proper cleanup would likely come with the territory. No cleanup, no future healthy building. They could likely get grants which go to such things, especially if they are in economically distressed areas.

In Hackensack, NJ, a picturesque old industrial building was bought and fixed up by an artist collective. It turned out to have previously been a factory that made mercury sunlamps and the building was heavily contaminated to the point of having pools of liquid mercury collect in voids inside the buildings walls. Inhabitants were beginning to show symptoms of mercury intoxication. It was condemned as unsafe and after a lengthy and expensive cleanup process was put on the market as a bunch of million dollar condos.

The distinction between dwellings and commercial property likely doesn't extend a permission to expose tenants of any kind to unhealthy or carcinogenic materials in any situation.

Yes, I think Fran should get on top of moving her stuff out, ASAP, even if she has no place to go, she has to do her best to minimize the damage to her future health.

If she cannot clean her stuff (she shouldn't because it will take up precious time) she should just bag it all up, put it in trash bags double bag it and mark it with red tape, for future cleaning, and then get out of there.

The disposable N-95 or P95 mask (if that is what it is) she is wearing is likely not good enough for this situation, she needs a P-100 HEPA filter (magenta colored)  I use a pro-quality half-face North respirator for even the most mundane dusty tasks. The filters though are not as cheap as I would prefer but it gets the job done. She could also use it with pancake filters which are a lot cheaper but I don't think quite as good.

She should wear disposable PPE clothing over her regular clothes and throw them out at the end of the day. Or she is going to have that stuff in her clothes.

She has to put her own health first. And get out of there.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 05:07:27 pm by cdev »

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, tooki

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #373 on: December 09, 2018, 05:54:02 pm »
lol fuck them, you can spill a bag of asbestos fibers into a vent and fucking cost everyone major money. all that time sensitive investment bullshit some fucking  v is worrying about can be easily dwarfed by abatment contractors and permits.

that kind of thing does not happen unless someone has some insane time sensitive financial theory. It;s probably small too. it's probobly some cracked out bullshit about the 'post holiday season xxre==k' or something. I swear. If a board of investors had to listen to why this is occurring, they would fall asleep. some insane amount of planning probobly went into crunching a few percent off the price at everyone elses expense. that should be turned around.

imo the action of those workers constitutes as chemical and psychological warfare.

also all the shit applying to residential etc does not apply to some shitty factory thats been converted into a living space. You have different transmittance of forces/noises/dust in such a environment then residential. If my neighbors did heavy work it would be much more tolerable then some giant ass wall designed in 1930 being pounded on the other side. their wormy fucks and they def know it being in the trades.  those cunts know how it will sound and feel on the other side cuz they worked in that kinda shit before. the roof structure is also different and it is less tolerable/isolating of work most likely.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 06:13:17 pm by coppercone2 »

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #374 on: December 09, 2018, 06:39:15 pm »
Subcontractors often hire work-people by the day for jobs like that- to do the actual work -

They are just people who are trying to feed their families.

They are likely not trying to be noisy, they likely were hired for the day or a few days off the side of the street, given a sledgehammer or a crowbar and told 'demolish this'.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf