Author Topic: FranLab is getting evicted  (Read 28288 times)

Offline basinstreetdesign

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FranLab is getting evicted
« Reply #450 on: February 02, 2019, 03:59:02 pm »
They peed on her apartment and with the video taken down I expect they are going to compensate and fix the damage.
The direct approach - I love it.  It can work faster and with more positive results than any lawsuit.  I hope that is what is happening.  It may also motivate them to help her move.
Best of luck to her.
STAND BACK!  I'm going to try SCIENCE!

Offline Richard Crowley

• Super Contributor
  • KE7GKP
« Reply #451 on: February 02, 2019, 11:19:18 pm »
Since the flooding video is gone, what did it say?
When I saw "flooded" I assumed it was perhaps related to a broken pipe from the epic cold wave, etc?
Especially since the building is in some intermediate state of being demolished?

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline apis

• Super Contributor
  • Hobbyist
« Reply #452 on: February 03, 2019, 01:50:38 am »
Iirc they had cut of pipes to the sprinkler system around the building (or something equivalent) and then someone turned on the valve again.

Online Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #453 on: February 03, 2019, 04:51:04 am »
Other than the bit at the beginning and the bit at the end, that video was mostly of the camera pointed at the room during cleanup. That included a somewhat heated conversation with one of the building representatives, followed by some conversations with a couple of the girls hired to help mop up the water.

And that is probably also why Fran pulled the video once she thought about it. She was probably OK on the video portion of it, but Pennsylvania generally requires both parties be aware of audio recording in non-public places, and I'm pretty sure the building guy wasn't aware the camera was on. (Surveillance laws vary significantly among the 50 states. In many states this would be legal with only one party consent.)

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #454 on: February 04, 2019, 02:02:23 pm »
I hope this situation leads to them simply saying "this is nuts, just give her some money to bugger off".
But given that any liability on this will likely not waste any of their time, and cost will be handled by insurance, I'm not holding my breath.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #455 on: February 04, 2019, 02:03:15 pm »
Other than the bit at the beginning and the bit at the end, that video was mostly of the camera pointed at the room during cleanup. That included a somewhat heated conversation with one of the building representatives, followed by some conversations with a couple of the girls hired to help mop up the water.

And that is probably also why Fran pulled the video once she thought about it. She was probably OK on the video portion of it, but Pennsylvania generally requires both parties be aware of audio recording in non-public places, and I'm pretty sure the building guy wasn't aware the camera was on. (Surveillance laws vary significantly among the 50 states. In many states this would be legal with only one party consent.)

Even if legal, her lawyer (which she said she was going to engage) might have advised her to remove it.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #456 on: February 06, 2019, 08:49:37 am »
I hope this situation leads to them simply saying "this is nuts, just give her some money to bugger off".
But given that any liability on this will likely not waste any of their time, and cost will be handled by insurance, I'm not holding my breath.
You could call the work or safety inspection on them due to dangerous situations being created by the work they do. Contractor cowboys love a good OSHA inspection.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf