Author Topic: youtube down!  (Read 9068 times)

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
Re: youtube down!
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2018, 01:09:04 am »
Youtube is not entirely 100% yet. It still occasionally routes to the wrong video than the one you selected, usually a different one on the page.
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Online Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2018, 01:03:21 pm »
Or just get up, go for a walk and a sandwich  :popcorn:

I.. read a book. I'm not sure if people know what those are any more.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2018, 02:11:04 pm »

Fiction or non-fiction? I only ever read the latter. It wouldn't surprise me if that isn't common with engineering types.

Online Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2018, 02:36:34 pm »

Fiction or non-fiction? I only ever read the latter. It wouldn't surprise me if that isn't common with engineering types.

Fiction. You're clearly boring.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2018, 02:50:48 pm »

I have dictionary thick engineering books that if I dared read any one of them front to back in one day it would be a death sentance. I hope you aren't one of those. :blah: :=\
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2018, 03:53:16 pm »

I have dictionary thick engineering books that if I dared read any one of them front to back in one day it would be a death sentance. I hope you aren't one of those. :blah: :=\
I've never voluntary read any book cover-to-cover. I used to have to read fiction books at school, cover-to-cover, but never enjoyed it. For entertainment, I listen to music, watch TV, films etc. As far as I'm concerned, reading is for learning and finding information.

Offline Neilm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2018, 06:41:23 pm »
I only read fiction - mostly managemet requirement specs
I've never voluntary read any book cover-to-cover. I used to have to read fiction books at school, cover-to-cover, but never enjoyed it. For entertainment, I listen to music, watch TV, films etc. As far as I'm concerned, reading is for learning and finding information.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
Tesla referral code https://ts.la/neil53539

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2018, 09:20:12 pm »
Does not reading for entertainment have something to do with age? When I grew up there were three TV stations, no cable, no inyernet, and you actually had to "go to the movies". Reading was something I did all the time. It's only in the last 20 years or so that I've slacked off.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2018, 08:05:28 am »
Does not reading for entertainment have something to do with age? When I grew up there were three TV stations, no cable, no inyernet, and you actually had to "go to the movies". Reading was something I did all the time. It's only in the last 20 years or so that I've slacked off.
There might also be a genetic element to it. My father is just like me. He never reads fiction and his family didn't even have a TV until he was about 10. The only things he ever read for entertainment were comics. My mother always has a novel on the go though.

Offline raptor1956

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2018, 01:41:10 am »
So four days later and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of confirmation or refutation of the Saudi IP Fragmentation story.  None of the major media has said squat about it other that the quick comment about YT going down.  Strange...

Brian

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2018, 02:18:56 am »
Growing strangeness in tech lately. First, the Bloomberg/China hardware spying story. Now, this mystery. What's next?
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2018, 02:30:25 am »
Curiously, I find it works with an older Firefox (38) but not with a newer one (52.) No idea why. I hadn't heard of this site before today. Sample screen below.

As for Hal's site, drivel or not - sometimes yes, sometimes no. You have to decide for yourself in each specific case. I use sites like that (many of them) as hints for things to look into. Raising topics that you will never hear of at all on MSM sites.
A quick glance at that site shows it's a typical nut case, extremism included.

Offline LapTop006

• Supporter
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2018, 08:44:15 am »
So four days later and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of confirmation or refutation of the Saudi IP Fragmentation story.  None of the major media has said squat about it other that the quick comment about YT going down.  Strange...

It's almost certainly BS.

While there has been a recently released issue with Linux's TCP stack related to fragmentation, given that it was released months ago you can be fairly sure all the major players have patched.

It also doesn't match the behaviour during the outage.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf