Author Topic: Autosave  (Read 2998 times)

Offline trevwhiteTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Autosave
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:23:08 pm »
Anyone figured out how to enable autosave? I saw some comments relating to it in the software but there isn't any way to set it up. Wondering if maybe it's hidden in the config files and Altium just have not gotten around to creating the dialog boxes to enable the feature.

Any thoughts on this? I lost several hours of work yesterday because I am so used to using a package with autosave and to be honest CS has not crashed that often.

Offline voltsandjolts

• Supporter
Re: Autosave
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 08:23:11 pm »
Yeh, I miss autosave too.
I think CS is good value and for most of the missing productivity features I say 'fair enough' for the price point.

But this is one feature from the AD code which I think should have remained because it's not a productivity feature, it's a guard against losing work when CS does crash  ::)

Offline JamesH-AltiumOfficial

• Contributor
Re: Autosave
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 10:33:26 pm »
Hi trevwhite and voltsandjolts,

I agree with you so I've logged this suggestion to add Autosave to CircuitStudio, for the developers to consider for a future version.

The Storage Manager (View menu) will show previous revisions that are stored in local history and enables you to compare the versions visually. (i.e. the History folder contains zip files which are added each time you save). If SVN version control is set up then you can commit each stage so you can compare the deliberately committed versions.

P.S. Blatant ad:
For the next 36 hours or so to June 30, Element14 expanded this CircuitStudio crossgrade offer to any users who wish to switch from their current PCB design tool to CircuitStudio (i.e. not just EAGLE users):
https://www.element14.com/community/view-product.jspa?fsku=2726528&nsku=13AC6066&action=cart&excluding=HK%2CTW%2CCN
This link adds the discounted SKU to the shopping cart.

Best regards,

James Harriman
Altium

The following users thanked this post: voltsandjolts

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf